• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How old is to old for pills?

joostim

Greenlighter
Hello, I've recently was able to get my hands on some oxycodone and hydrocodone, and I've taken them both for pain and recreational use.. but these are slightly different. The oldest bottle I have is from '95 and the others are from '02-'03, I've done some digging around and really never got a def answer on what happens to old pills.. some say they just lose a % of potency but that was only on a few years expired medicine.. this is more than 15+ years on some of them and wondering if they are still semi-safe to take or not?

Sorry if I did things wrong, I'm actually new to the forums as a poster, but I've known these forums for years for information and I just can't seem to find enough about this. Any info would be awesome.. Thanks.

are you just gonna eat em or what? if they are opiates they should be fine.. i dont see why they would BECOME dangerous. but if youre gonna iv these i might suggest against it.

I was just going to eat them, and ya I even have few demerol 50mg with them that are the same age

eating them will be fine assuming they were kept in a cool, dark place, they might be a bit weaker but thats really it.

Yeah, as far as i know they shouldn't be dangerous - i think the safest approach would be to assume they've not lost any potency.
Under-dosing is a whole lot better than over-dosing, and i don't have any source to back this up, but i think opiates/opioids are generally pretty stable.
The risk would be to assume that they've lost significant potency and taking too much to compensate - so i would dose as if they were brand new.

They should be okay. Hell i IVed a vial of Ketamine that was outdated by about 5 years ffs and was fine. Granted it had not been opened at all so it was basically a new vial. I have taken Temazepam pills that where expired by a good 7 years after i found a old bottle when we cleaned out a relatives house. I would just assume that the dose is the same as i didn't notice any loss of potency in the Ketamine or Temazepam