• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How (often) to trip for maximum benefit?

AnanasBannana

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Last week I had my first strong experience (225mcg 1P-LSD) in a completely dark room for 12 hours. I'll write up a trip report later but I had some terrible and beautiful revelations. At one point I could only think in colour, at another point I was convinced my girlfriend and I were one entity (she was asleep and I was unsure where I began and she finished).

I didn't listen to music but I had music stuck in my head that was louder than any iPod.

Anyway, the days after I was kind of confused about the experience - I didn't feel like it changed me much.

Now, four days after - I feel much more connected, the idea of death doesn't scare me and I feel like I appreciate those close to me so much more. I feel like I'm more emphatic to strangers too.

Are these changes expected to last? And how long should I wait before doing this again? I'm looking for maximum theaputic effect as opposed to recreational enjoyment.

Also, I have some friends who want to do it with me too. I'm kind of concerned about what this will be like? I've done MDMA with them a few times but LSD has been a very quiet and introspective experience so far. Does anyone have any ideas in terms of activities that may make it more recreational than spiritual - or can a spiritual experience be fun? I just ain't too sure what it'll be like!

Thanks guys, you've all been so awesome as part of this journey I'm taking!

LSD-derived insights can have a long-lasting effect, just how long varies. Sometimes they're transient, sometimes they're lifelong.

Taking LSD with others can be fun, if you're with the right people. Grab some water/snacks and go for a walk outside together.

As for your main question, I'm not quite sure what you mean? You should wait at least one week between trips to prevent building up a tolerance. I trip two or three times per year and I don't think I'd gain any additional benefit from tripping more often. If I did, I would trip more often!

LSD-derived insights can have a long-lasting effect, just how long varies. Sometimes they're transient, sometimes they're lifelong.

Taking LSD with others can be fun, if you're with the right people. Grab some water/snacks and go for a walk outside together.

As for your main question, I'm not quite sure what you mean? You should wait at least one week between trips to prevent building up a tolerance. I trip two or three times per year and I don't think I'd gain any additional benefit from tripping more often. If I did, I would trip more often!
I suppose how often should you trip for Max benefit - and how much may be too much to the point where it could have negative mental consequences.

I came out net positive, I assume you could come out net negative? If that makes sense.

How much is too much depends on a lot of things. My only advice to you would be to trip when the timing feels right to you, and avoid tripping if you think it might be better to wait.