• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health How often can we take psychedelics?

damon_jebs

Greenlighter
According to what I have searched and studied,

1. You can't die with psychedelics. It's not that it's completely impossible, but very seldom. Some 5-Meo compounds indeed made some victims, but it's only rare.
2. Some tryptamines don't even build up a tolerance —ex) N, M DMT, 5-Meo-DMT, MET, etc. On the other hand, Lysergs builds tons of tolerance for any other psychs. And we've heard of the two weeks rule for tolerance.
3. They rather have long-term health benefits than harm.
4. It can be dangerous if you have an underlying genetic or mental issue.

And this was my state,

1. I don't have any genetic or mental issues.
2. I did have some money.
3. Where I was, RCs are legal; furthermore, it's entirely legal to ingest any psychoactive chemicals. So I could get and take anything very safely. Where I originally am, it's highly restricted.
4. I had a lot of time.
5. I'm studying psychopharmacology.

Thus, I did psychs almost daily. Let's say two times a week. It was amusing. I did it with my GF; we talked a lot, went to a lot of museums and clubs, fucked a lot, fought a lot, we could confront some situations we had, and we became more solid. I could see the potential of psychs for therapeutic purposes; furthermore, we got sure they are the best drugs and others are sub. And we didn't do anything crazy at all. Ah... maybe we did a lot of crazy shits, such as snorting DCK on the train and having sex. Bottomline is we didn't harm anybody else and ourselves. But there was the one and only problem that it cost way too much with the built-up tolerance.

So we concluded that you could take it even daily if you're rich both timely and financially.

What do you guys think about it?

Certainly one CAN take psychedelics daily or very often, without suffering negative health ramifications of any serious nature (excepting the rare instances where people seem to trigger psychiatric problems, which would be more likely with very frequent dosing, I imagine). I went through a couple of years back in 2006-2007 where I took psychedelics weekly, then every day of the weekend, then 3-5 times a day, or even 7 days in a row from time to time. It made the world seem like a constantly magical place. Towards the beginning of that stretch, I had some very profound and even life changing trips, too.

However, I don't recommend keeping up a more than once weekly regimen of tripping for very long. The tolerance buildup becomes insane, and once you build up a serious tolerance, it is very long-lasting. At the end of that period of time, I was taking massive doses just to feel a buzz, it was impossible to truly trip anymore. That tolerance took 3 years to go away, and even then, I still required much larger doses than most people. It's been a long time since then, and fortunately, now I can trip on as low a dose as ever, maybe even lower, but I trip infrequently now, just when it calls to me. Sometimes I still trip 2 days in a row, like at music festivals. But all told, it took probably 6 or 7 years for me to be able to trip like I used to, after my 2 years of tripping non-stop.

I also don't really recommend making a habit of this, because it starts to make psychedelics just seem normal, like when you smoke weed constantly, and don't really get high anymore, it's just a little buzz that you only notice right after taking some hits. It's just kind of a waste. Although I don't regret those 2 years of my life. But I did, for some years.

I would say that every two weeks OR less is a good way to go. In college, I took psychedelics weekly. While I don’t regret it, it isn’t psychologically healthy (for me) long term.

I take a mini dose every week, low-medium dose once a month, heavy stuff once a season.

Dont really have too much tolerance.

i dosed mushrooms like weekly through out my twenties and never had any physical problems, but when i was in my early thirties i started ordering 1p-lsd, eth-lad, and ald-52 from an online vendor. i got addicted to it for pain management and i felt like the drugs were healing my back injury, so i started low dosing multiple times a week. this went on for a couple years and i noticed that i started shitting blood. i'm almost 100 percent sure that it's related to tripping cause when i stopped the drugs, the blood problem went away within a month or less. maybe the blotters i was getting were cut with something or maybe my body was just allergic and it made me shit too much eventually causing blood... but i'd say if you notice your stomach digesting faster than normal because of any psychedelics and you use them frequently, it's probably best to take a peak in the toilet after you are done going to the bathroom.

this is a link to the thread i made about my experience if you are interested in checking out how much i dosed: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/acid-and-shitting-blood.928000/#post-15717724

true story. i hope i'm just like a medical anomole or i had some bad tabs. i'd like to think as psychedelics as healthy. i always thought they were and they definitely feel that way for me physically.

Whoa that's wild. I haven't ever heard anyone else claim they were shitting blood because of lysergamides (or any psychedelics for that matter), so my guess would be you're an anomaly or it was allergies or something.

Twice a week sounds like great fun, but unless you are aiming for lower heights and use less per dose, the tolerance makes it too expensive and unsustainable.

I think the idea of the sabbath resolves well into a tradition of using psychedelics once per week with some moderation (like a half or full tab once every week is very sustainable)

Weeks do not represent a realistic Natural Periodic Metric, except that there are 4 of them in a Moon Cycle. But weeks that end in a Sabbath Ritual with a Moderate Psychedelic Inspiration make a lot of sense. Maybe it will become an archeological premise, who knows.

Of course a big bash once per lunar cycle sounds like a good practice for lunacy, but one would want to skip the sabbath to really go nuts - again tolerance suggests you have to choose either Lunacy or Sabbatical Observance - both are not realistic unless you are a real shaman and keep away from society in the forest or desert.

For me it was always about availability and health. For now my regime with psychedelic is to take a low dose (1/4 tab) twice per week, watersoluble cannabis daily in drops, salvinorin whenever or not (it is so psychically exclamatory but physically integrative), cannabis sativa vaped Friday night (not to bother my aging lungs), and ephedrine snorted for allergies - and maybe also for getting on a euphoric grind (12mg/day consumed in thin lines over about 5 lifts - note: taking more than 12 mg ephedrine daily adds tolerance to LSD).

Some alcohol socially is OK.

Twice a week sounds like great fun, but unless you are aiming for lower heights and use less per dose, the tolerance makes it too expensive and unsustainable.

I think the idea of the sabbath resolves well into a tradition of using psychedelics once per week with some moderation (like a half or full tab once every week is very sustainable)

Weeks do not represent a realistic Natural Periodic Metric, except that there are 4 of them in a Moon Cycle. But weeks that end in a Sabbath Ritual with a Moderate Psychedelic Inspiration make a lot of sense. Maybe it will become an archeological premise, who knows.

Of course a big bash once per lunar cycle sounds like a good practice for lunacy, but one would want to skip the sabbath to really go nuts - again tolerance suggests you have to choose either Lunacy or Sabbatical Observance - both are not realistic unless you are a real shaman and keep away from society in the forest or desert.

For me it was always about availability and health. For now my regime with psychedelic is to take a low dose (1/4 tab) twice per week, watersoluble cannabis daily in drops, salvinorin whenever or not (it is so psychically exclamatory but physically integrative), cannabis sativa vaped Friday night (not to bother my aging lungs), and ephedrine snorted for allergies - and maybe also for getting on a euphoric grind (12mg/day consumed in thin lines over about 5 lifts - note: taking more than 12 mg ephedrine daily adds tolerance to LSD).

Some alcohol socially is OK.
For an aging partier, this sounds quite healthy-ish. I have a similar routine: I use 50mg mitragynine in the morning, when my pain is the worst, along with some coffee (caffeine) and a weed gummy (I usually have to stagger these things or I get anxiety) and then I may take some gabapentin in the afternoon if the pain is bad, and a bit more kratom. Am thinking of eventually grinding and capping my own shrooms (psilocybin) for microdosing, for mental health and for pain purposes.

Based on this I’m wondering if ephedrine would help, I have asthma

Shulgins would dose no more than twice a week.
I find every 5 days if you have supply enough to be a sweet spot for macrodosing. You might get away with daily microdosing.
Don't redose in the psychedelic afterglow.

I find every 5 days if you have supply enough to be a sweet spot for macrodosing. You might get away with daily microdosing.
I am basically a shulgin at at heart.
For an aging partier, this sounds quite healthy-ish. I have a similar routine: I use 50mg mitragynine in the morning, when my pain is the worst, along with some coffee (caffeine) and a weed gummy (I usually have to stagger these things or I get anxiety) and then I may take some gabapentin in the afternoon if the pain is bad, and a bit more kratom. Am thinking of eventually grinding and capping my own shrooms (psilocybin) for microdosing, for mental health and for pain purposes.

Based on this I’m wondering if ephedrine would help, I have asthma
I think you could certainly benefit by adding ephedrine for your asthma, crush up one of those 8mg pills and make 6 lines - snort one line every 90 minutes for a nice lift to your day with less mucous more mental clarity and no anxiety.
ephedrine is available in Canadian health-food stores

Last line is great advice brother.

I have a bit of a rule. If I have an amazing trip with a great afterglow I don’t touch any psychedelics for as long as I can. Cuz every time I take them it’s a bit of a reset and I’ve lost that afterglow chasing it before.

On the flip side, sometimes it’s good for me to trip again not long after a rougher one in an effort to curb any negative lasting effects.

-GC

All valid points. I´ve spent like 10 years tripping light/medium doses on the weekends only. A lot of solid trips.

Also spent like 9 months microdosing every day. Fantastic time, with a lot of caveats. Only feasible for experienced users and for no too much months as it leads to desentization and burnout, but I wouldnt change a coma of the nine months experience

Currently dosing very light maybe once or twice a week. So point is it depends on your nature and personal circunstances. of the specific moment

In every phase of your life it will be different and all them are ok. Just flow with it and know that its temporal and sooner or later your regimen and circunstances will change, so enjoy it as it comes

this went on for a couple years and i noticed that i started shitting blood.

And just as you were about to shit out evil elf causing that back pain you stop.. Puking and shitting blood on psychedelics is just a way your body says – fuck you evil elfs!

According to chatGPT:

"However, if vasoconstriction is severe or prolonged, it can lead to tissue ischemia (lack of oxygen supply) and tissue damage, which can ultimately lead to bleeding."

Yup, I guess the mechanism exists. Swill Sunshine Shit Sanguine.

Hey, I want to take it all the time too. However, I think of tolerance as changing my brain in a way I do not want. So, My ideal regimen is the one for me that won’t produce tolerance. That’s different for different substances.

When I first tried acid, the tribal knowledge was that it took three days to lose tolerance. You could trip on the fourth day after a trip. I also saw a scientific paper somewhere which had a graph of LSD tolerance which showed the same.

I found that to be (mostly) true. A day or two after tripping took huge increases in dosage whereas on the fourth day you could take one hit and trip.
For a few months I did that. Every fourth day, even if I didn't really feel like it. The mindset of a teenager...

My trips certainly became more manageable. I would take two or three sometimes and trip hard since I was more confident. It maybe felt less but I am not convinced that it was not just being more used to the effects.

There was likely some physical tolerance, maybe, and it was only for a few months. I dunno.

Point is, if you are wanting to not waste your acid and drop tons for a minor buzz, every fourth day "works". You do trip.

Thing is, at the end of that time I was kind of living in the acid reality. I was less talkative and social, would just sit and experience.

Came to the conclusion that, although the acid reality is the real reality, it doesn't pay the bills or get your paper written. You have to be able to live in the construct reality our civilization has created and just visit the acid reality of pure experience. It's necessary in life to have a foot in both realities.

man i remeber living in the acid reality doing it all the time. Now I haven't taken LSD in a long time.

Acid was the best thing ever. But after sitting around been a bum doing shit loads of acid 24/7 I woke up to the fact that it was just a distraction and I had to live in the real world.

I still have HPPD from my acid binges. I see LSD visuals on the daily

LSD saved me, and I also abused it. All those trips were worth it and the knowledge I gained has served me well.

Thanks for all those answers. I have been busy with school, so that I couldn't reply individually. But I sincerely read all of them and could see some points people have made. I will try to follow your advice and respond to each comment soon after my exams! Thanks a lot, everyone!!!!

BTW, I fell off my routine of 1 day in 3 for a mini-dose, and taking that mini-dose (volumetrically measured as 25 micrograms dosage) after 5 days off, it seemed very much stronger to me. This should mean that 1 day in 3 is good for microdosing at 13 mics or less, mini-dose at 25 mics is great and 1 day in 5, and half tabs probably best results at 1 in 8 days and full tabs best at 1 in 2 weeks.