• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines How often am I "allowed" to microdose DMT?

No one knows really.

One concern some of us have is that chronic activation of the 5ht2b receptor can lead to heart valve disease. We know that certain 5ht2b agonizing drugs carry this risk, including some prescription meds that have been discontinued because of this. DMT and other serotogenic psychedelics are agonists of this receptor, so it's possible that microdosing on a chronic basis could lead to an increased risk. You could read more in about it in this paper or elsewhere on the web.

Personally, I microdose less than once a week on average. You definitely have to consider the risk:reward here, which is tricky since we don't really know the risk side of that.

How do you microdose DMT? Vape? With an MAOI?

No it's just about the magnitude of the dose. A microdose is a *barely* perceptible dose of a drug (usually psychedelic).
However, many people dose fairly chronically like that. Most regimes aren't every morning; there are usually breaks scheduled in. Stamets talks about 5 days on 2 days off with psilocybe. The fadiman regime i think is 1 day on 2 days off with LSD.

Sorry to bump but, any ideas on the difference between microdosing DMT vs shrooms?

was gonna give DMT microdosing a shot, got like way too much and its gonna go bad soon.

I always got more negative cardio affects from LSD than shrooms, might that be because of its duration? if so, dmt microdose daily might be even safer than shrooms?

No one knows really.

One concern some of us have is that chronic activation of the 5ht2b receptor can lead to heart valve disease. We know that certain 5ht2b agonizing drugs carry this risk, including some prescription meds that have been discontinued because of this. DMT and other serotogenic psychedelics are agonists of this receptor, so it's possible that microdosing on a chronic basis could lead to an increased risk. You could read more in about it in this paper or elsewhere on the web.

Personally, I microdose less than once a week on average. You definitely have to consider the risk:reward here, which is tricky since we don't really know the risk side of that.

How do you microdose DMT? Vape? With an MAOI?
That's a bit concerning. I sometimes get heart issues/pain with smoked DMT that i wrote off as being from holding in that horrible vapor for so long. Its related, I'm pretty sure of it. Its only DMT though, i do 5-meo-dmt all the time and never ever get it from that. List of all drugs that act on ht2b

I'm just curious what kind of effects micro dosing dmt even has. The benefits to LSD and mainly psilocybin is obvious. DMT is so short acting as well.

With a vape pen it can be quite nice, you can do several micro doses in a day etc.
For example, Just take the pen with you and go for a hike.

Just mix 0,7-0,8g dmt with 1,3ml vape juice.
Warm it up slowly and mix carefully.
I use a mix of vg/pg around 40/60 ish.

Its easy to get an exact dose compared to vaping pure crystals.
Its harder to break through but for micro/mini/medium doses i really love the vapepen for dmt.

I use either a vaperezzo ravenger X when im feeling classy.
Or a aspire pockex when idk if i might want to throw away the pen when finished(Travel etc)

I would say no. Your body knows DMT and how to metabolize it. Small dosiges would have little effect in my thinking I do think batching up a brew for an insightful smoke every now and then is certainly healthy for you. I tried to come there too often and they told me that is important to also stay here..

Safest psychedelic when smoked and clean? Absolutely
Most heaviest? Most intense for sure.
Respect? Yes! And I don't think micro dosing fits in that picture.

" When in doubt, double the dose."
- Terrence McKenna

Why not take a large dose of DMT and ask the DMT elves, or drink Ayahuasca and ask the Jaguar or space aliens?

why dont the catholic give it out for free for these who ask?

How much is microdosing with dmt or dxm?
Maybe 1-5mg of dmt or so?
Hard to say how a microdose should feel.
I usually take like the smallest hit possible and go from there.

Even when i want to break through on changa i always start with a small hit before doing a bigger.
With freebase i usually take it all in one lung since i get some short term tolerance.

i make around 20mgs per substance with a bubble at bests vaped in one go. does dmt taste good, mipt is THE BEST, a-pvp close second.

Sooner or later, people will convince themselves that everything that can "benefit" you in a "macrodose", should also be "beneficial" as a "microdose."
Meanwhile, no one has demonstrated the "benefits" of microdosing to begin with. The concept literally hasn't been mainstreamed and studied (appropriately, comprehensively, in terms of research, design and analysis) long enough to even know. This includes having actual, measurable parameters (not anecdotes and subjective experiences) to answer questions like who does it "help", if at all, and why. In other words, is it some kind of magic that can "work" for everyone? There are far more unanswered questions than there are those that are. It's almost turned in to a DYI variation of homeopathy. It's seems as though there is a lot of over-generalization going on as part of this microdosing fad.