• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Muck Propranolol and Diazepam for a 30 Minute Speech

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I've been on Diazepam for about 4 years now. So now, I don't feel anything under 100mg. I have never used Propranolol before. How much diazepam PLUS Propranolol should I take for a speech? Is this a good combo for a speech I have to give in front of 30 other students?

Last edited by a moderator:
40mg of propranolol is fine, it doesn't cause any drowsiness so with regards to the diazepam only you can decide how much to take. You've got quite a tolerance, so make sure you don't take too much and end up slurring your words and you should be fine. I've mixed the two a few times and it does work well for anxiety. After thats out the way maybe you should consider tapering down off the diazepam, 100mg is a lot . Doses like that aren't good for you mate. Good luck

yeah and no need to make 2 threads about the same thing. If I were you I would only take the Diazepam, who knows how you'll react with the Propanolol. I don't have any experience with that drug but I used to take Zanaflex and Clonodine whenever it was around to potentiate benzo's and opiates and more often than not it would have me passing out all over the place, a complete waste of humanity.

I would try 20mg propranolol and make sure you don't get low blood pressure, but for the speech if 20mg went over fine you could do 40-60mg.

Propranolol is a beta blocker, taken at reasonable doses it should be fine all on its own. A single dose of 40mg or less is fine.

Depending on your tolerance to diazerpam it may be a good idea to stick with just the beta blocker; too much diazepam will tend to effect memory and academic performance negatively, the beta blocker won't do that quite as much.

The two drugs would have an additive relaxing effect, but the beta blocker shouldn't be quite as mentally calming - mostly useful for calming the physical aspects like tremor and racing heart.

I would try 20mg propranolol and make sure you don't get low blood pressure, but for the speech if 20mg went over fine you could do 40-60mg.

I've been prescribed this one before. If you don't take this drug often ( Propranolol ), then 40 could be a lot. Also those types of beta blockers, really drain your energy. It cuts down your heart rate. Propranolol may just kick your ass if heavily combined with Valium. Be careful and IMO, test the new drug out well before you have big things to do.

:) If possible I'd do a test before the speech. I can take 40mg of Propranolol it works pretty quickly (about 20 mins) but I'm small, about 7 stone in weight. It does stop the physical symptoms, signs of anxiety outwardly like sweating, heart racing and trembling because it's lowering your blood pressure, that people would notice which slightly helps your head stay in control of your nerves because you know other people can't actually see what's going on. I'm told 120mg, so 3 times a day is okay if necessary. I rarely use it at all. The Valium dose is shocking, but that is shocking to me (personal opinion) I thought 10mg was really high. So I like the others have said would be very cautious you don't collapse or slur your speech. They put me on Propranolol when they just stopped by low valium dose which was 6mg tops per day. Mixing the two does not seem sensible. Like I said before I'd try a trial run with just 1 40mg prop. Certainly agree with getting that valium dose under control because valium can backfire and increase the symptoms it was supposed to be controlling. As a matter of interest was the prop prescribed to you by a Dr who is aware of your valium dosage?...Makes me wonder why you'd need both. When I took Prop once and was still on valium I recall feeling really sick and never mixed the two drugs together again.

Combo is fine, but definitely do a trial run. I've seen some people who are sensitive become lethargic and somnolent on just 10mg.