• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How much would tolerance drop in a little over a month?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
So, I'm out of rehab and have been attending an intensive outpatient program 3x a week and NA meetings weekly ever since. Well, 2 weeks from now marks the final day for me and I'll be discharged from the IOP, which also means the end of my weekly drug testing. I can finally start drinking and smoking weed again, but most of all I can finally start shooting dope again.

I was clean off dope for 37 days once, but I don't really remember how much tolerance dropped. At the end of my streak of using before rehab I was shooting a quarter of a gram. Assuming the heroin is from a vendor and is the exact same quality/purity, how much do you think tolerance would have dropped? Or would it have not dropped at all?

Also please no lectures on how I should quit while I'm already clean and ahead or its so much work getting clean lost. I've been faking it until I make it in the IOP meetings, I never planned on stopping to begin with. It's a long story why I ended up in rehab but I was fucked up when I checked in and kinda forced into it.

It drops quite significantly my ex and I did a fifteen day methadone taper about 1 year ago and then lasted three days without ANY opiates mad when we picked up we did half the amount of tar that we had been doing in a shot and got wasted, like it was almost too much and definitely could have done half that amount and still been very high, I had the sa,e experience when I got out of jail after about four days, my tolerance was about a quarter of what it had been just a few days earlier. Thing is, the tolerance skyrockets back within a matter of days too.

Whatever you do, don't go back to shooting what you were, I'd start with like a .05 shot.

It drops quite significantly my ex and I did a fifteen day methadone taper about 1 year ago and then lasted three days without ANY opiates mad when we picked up we did half the amount of tar that we had been doing in a shot and got wasted, like it was almost too much and definitely could have done half that amount and still been very high, I had the sa,e experience when I got out of jail after about four days, my tolerance was about a quarter of what it had been just a few days earlier. Thing is, the tolerance skyrockets back within a matter of days too.

Whatever you do, don't go back to shooting what you were, I'd start with like a .05 shot.
I agree it should be played safe. I planned to do the same thing I did last time and either smoke a little or do a small bump to get an idea of its potency and my tolerance before jumping back into shooting. Or perhaps I could just shoot a smaller shot, I'm not sure yet I'll decide when I get the dope unless anyone has any recommendations.

Just smoke it if you've had that long of a break. So many people jump right back into injections and fuck up their first dosage and die. Tis sad.

Just smoke it if you've had that long of a break. So many people jump right back into injections and fuck up their first dosage and die. Tis sad.
I mean, honestly if I died on that first shot it wouldn't be a big deal, but that's another story I don't want to get in to. Yeah I'll probably smoke some when I pick up and then jump back into IVing again after that.

Seriously shadow you have no idea how much you are fucking up. You are throwing your life away. You don't even know how hard it is to get stable bupe treatment.... Even when I am referred it for pain management I am not provided outpatient even after putting myself into an in patient detox I just left tonight after 1.5 weeks on bupe as I was still treated like I was not making any effort to stabilize on bupe because I was only on it in detox where I couldn't slip up as if I didn't make the effort and put myself into detox to maintain on bupe. I would kill to get the support you have. Addicts like you piss me the hell off. I care for your well being, but I can't help hating you because of your ungrateful attitude that your just bullshitting getting clean so the people who forced you to get clean after a SUICIDE ATTEMPT stop worrying about you. Seriously if I had people who cared enough to do for me what people do for you rather than give me the tough love speil I'd probably never have ended up on heroin, stop using needles possibly never even started, and be halfway done with my goal to achieve a Ph.D in psychology so I could help people in your position that unlike you want help to get better.

I just hope you don't OD and kill yourself when you start using again.

So, I'm out of rehab and have been attending an intensive outpatient program 3x a week and NA meetings weekly ever since. Well, 2 weeks from now marks the final day for me and I'll be discharged from the IOP, which also means the end of my weekly drug testing. I can finally start drinking and smoking weed again, but most of all I can finally start shooting dope again.

I was clean off dope for 37 days once, but I don't really remember how much tolerance dropped. At the end of my streak of using before rehab I was shooting a quarter of a gram. Assuming the heroin is from a vendor and is the exact same quality/purity, how much do you think tolerance would have dropped? Or would it have not dropped at all?

Also please no lectures on how I should quit while I'm already clean and ahead or its so much work getting clean lost. I've been faking it until I make it in the IOP meetings, I never planned on stopping to begin with. It's a long story why I ended up in rehab but I was fucked up when I checked in and kinda forced into it.

pretend you have zero tolerance, i wouldnt even shoot it, just snort it at first, get a little bit a safety tolerance back where you can shoot it without it kicking your butt,

you'll most likely end up back in rehab though at the rate your going. look into alternatives like methadone maintenence. shooting dope everyday is not a lifelong sustainable activity.

pretend you have zero tolerance, i wouldnt even shoot it, just snort it at first, get a little bit a safety tolerance back where you can shoot it without it kicking your butt,

you'll most likely end up back in rehab though at the rate your going. look into alternatives like methadone maintenence. shooting dope everyday is not a lifelong sustainable activity.
I know it's not a sustainable activity, but I just don't want to stop. In terms of addiction the "you can't stop until you want to stop" rings true. I'm going to attempt to limit it to one every 2 days, being more realistic with how much I try to control it, but even then I doubt it'll last. I'll probably end up using daily again but I don't care that much about it.

Seriously shadow you have no idea how much you are fucking up. You are throwing your life away. You don't even know how hard it is to get stable bupe treatment.... Even when I am referred it for pain management I am not provided outpatient even after putting myself into an in patient detox I just left tonight after 1.5 weeks on bupe as I was still treated like I was not making any effort to stabilize on bupe because I was only on it in detox where I couldn't slip up as if I didn't make the effort and put myself into detox to maintain on bupe. I would kill to get the support you have. Addicts like you piss me the hell off. I care for your well being, but I can't help hating you because of your ungrateful attitude that your just bullshitting getting clean so the people who forced you to get clean after a SUICIDE ATTEMPT stop worrying about you. Seriously if I had people who cared enough to do for me what people do for you rather than give me the tough love speil I'd probably never have ended up on heroin, stop using needles possibly never even started, and be halfway done with my goal to achieve a Ph.D in psychology so I could help people in your position that unlike you want help to get better.

I just hope you don't OD and kill yourself when you start using again.
I'm sorry you feel that way man, but like I told the other guy I don't want to quit yet. Since going to detox/IOP I've heard just about every speel under the sun about why I should stop but, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I don't want to. At this point I also know anything that is said won't change my mind right now.

Because you're a drug addict with the sickness of a addict brain that does everything to convince you that continuing to use is the right thing to do when you know in your heart it is not and you should quit. As I was told by someone in detox I truly respected you need to stop thinking, as that is a place one should never venture alone, but start feeling with your heart. You are using your thoughts to block out your feelings that are obviously sad and overwhelming to the point they break through your thoughts leaving you attempting to kill yourself as you can't bear the sadness in your heart. Stop hiding from your feelings in your heart by retreating to the thoughts in your brain and embrace the feelings in your heart or you will always end up in the same place with such overwhelming sadness and hopelessness that the only thought you have to escape it is to attempt suicide. If you continue the way you do shadow you will end up killing yourself and it's a fucking shame your enabled to do that. Stop hiding alone in your head full of thoughts and stop venturing there alone and for once live with your heart and experience the feelings you bury deep down and let them lead you on the right path as only they will take you to the place you need to get better whole your thoughts will only lead you away to an early grave.

Seriously you're beyond ungrateful and I just can't stand it anymore especially after you pretended you truly understood when in reality you were not only kidding is, but yourself.

Probbably not want you want to hear, but you probably dont want to stop because theres nothing in your life that would make you want to stop. Do you have any goals? Having something you want to work towards badly enough would override your desire to use heroin.

As far as tolerance, your tolerance resets to some degree but it comes back more quickly.

the fact is, if someone is not ready to stop, nothing anyone says is going to make them. tacodude seems to be being a bit harsh, but i may not know the whole situation. still, i think people need to respect where others are at, and help them stay safe until they can finally come to the place where they want to be healthy. so yeah, definitely start small, shadow. assume you have zero tolerance at this point.

and you may not care very much about your life but i can assure you, you are more valuable than you could possibly imagine. you are more significant than you know. please try to be safe.

the fact is, if someone is not ready to stop, nothing anyone says is going to make them. tacodude seems to be being a bit harsh, but i may not know the whole situation. still, i think people need to respect where others are at, and help them stay safe until they can finally come to the place where they want to be healthy. so yeah, definitely start small, shadow. assume you have zero tolerance at this point.

and you may not care very much about your life but i can assure you, you are more valuable than you could possibly imagine. you are more significant than you know. please try to be safe.
Thanks Seven, I've decided that I'll do just that and start out shooting a small bump. As for my value, I don't believe in living much, I don't believe it'll matter much, but I will try to abstain from death for my family's sake. When I was in rehab I broke some hearts, I left a friend crying and my mother crying for days, and for their sake I will try to live as that did break my heart as well. Not enough to quit, and I can't tell how depressed I'll be in the future, but for now I want to live. Not for myself, but for them.

Thanks Seven, I've decided that I'll do just that and start out shooting a small bump. As for my value, I don't believe in living much, I don't believe it'll matter much, but I will try to abstain from death for my family's sake. When I was in rehab I broke some hearts, I left a friend crying and my mother crying for days, and for their sake I will try to live as that did break my heart as well. Not enough to quit, and I can't tell how depressed I'll be in the future, but for now I want to live. Not for myself, but for them.

I struggle with nihlism my self at times. Have you ever taken mushrooms? You should try to take some and go for a walk in the woods by yourself, if not for anything more than its a good experience everyone should have.

I struggle with nihlism my self at times. Have you ever taken mushrooms? You should try to take some and go for a walk in the woods by yourself, if not for anything more than its a good experience everyone should have.
I used to be really in with the Woodstock scene, so I've been to quite a few festivals and I'm no stranger to psychedelics outside of festivals either. I actually just did some 25i on Saturday. It was sold to me as LSD, but it was still fun.

Last edited: