• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How much weed milk should I drink?

bamboo5700

Greenlighter
I use a cup of milk(250ml) and 1 gram weed for the weed milk,how much should I drink if I am not a weed daily-user.
Someone says 10mg THC can get you high,so if the weed I use say contain 10%THC,would that be 100mg THC in that cup of milk,so I can just drink 1/10 of it ?

I doubt you'll get anything out of it unless you drink the whole thing, but to be safe I'd probably drink half. Be aware it may take a couple of hours to kick in. Milk is not a great medium. I hope you at least used whole milk?

I have had Bhang bring me to my knees. If you are not a daily user, a half gram will be just fine. Try to add some more fat to the milk by using cream or unsalted butter. A cinnamon stick, a couple cloves, dash of nutmeg, little sugar... good to go.

I'd drink the whole thing, but I'd want to get stoned. Depends what effects you're looking for, how strong your weed is, etc. As usual doldrums is wrong, milk is a fantastic carrier for THC.

since you aren't a daily user (thus lower tolerance), I'd recommend not to drink more then 1/3 of the cup... In my experience, cannabis drinks are more potent and hit faster than edibles (like brownies, cakes). If effects aren't satisfying after 1.5 hours, you could drink a little bit more.

As usual doldrums is wrong, milk is a fantastic carrier for THC.

Compared to what? I'd say .4 would be a great dose in coconut oil, which has literally ten times the amount of saturated fat. If milk's a good carrier for THC, why would you need to drink an entire gram's worth to get high? If milk's a good carrier for THC why do they add ghee to it in India?

Edit: sorry, did the calculation wrong. It's actually 30 times as much. It's around 90% saturated. Ghee, which is over 60%, is an absolutely excellent medium for cannabinoids as well. Whole milk is what? 2% saturated? Obviously the culture who have used weed the longest and invented bhang figured this out, even if you didn't, greenthumb.

Last edited:
I did both use milk alone (at 3.5% fat) and a mixture of milk and cream (30% fat) and both worked equally... I guess there is enough fat in a cup of milk to dissolve all cannabinoids in 1 gram of weed (at 10% THC this would only be 100mg of compound). Cannabinoids are very soluble in fat so, I'm inclined to believe that adding more fat to the milk is unnecessary.

I think it is more important to let it simmer for a while to get it all out.

If it's taking a full gram to get high the process could be improved.

Weed with 10% THC isn't 10% THC by weight but 10% of its resins are THC. I'm not sure how easy it is to get THC content by weight. Also milk isn't great at extracting I'd drink at least 25%; that probably won't do anything, then you can go for 75% of the remainder if you're really trying to be cautious and stuff, that'd be .5g.

Compared to what? I'd say .4 would be a great dose in coconut oil, which has literally ten times the amount of saturated fat. If milk's a good carrier for THC, why would you need to drink an entire gram's worth to get high? If milk's a good carrier for THC why do they add ghee to it in India?

Edit: sorry, did the calculation wrong. It's actually 30 times as much. It's around 90% saturated. Ghee, which is over 60%, is an absolutely excellent medium for cannabinoids as well. Whole milk is what? 2% saturated? Obviously the culture who have used weed the longest and invented bhang figured this out, even if you didn't, greenthumb.

Whole milk is about 4% fat, so there's 10 grams of fat in 250ml, that's plenty for the cannabinoids in a gram of bud, there's only so much thc in a gram of bud & adding more fat wont make it any stronger. Milk is so good because it's not all fat, it's an emulsion of tiny droplets of fat suspended in water (along with the sugars, protein, etc) with lecithin, this makes it easier for your body to absorb, the thc is more bioavailable in an emulsion.

I never said a gram was the minimum, but it's guaranteed to get anybody stoned, even with not so great weed, if it's great weed & a low tolerance then that would be very stoned. I just said I'd drink the whole glass & expect to get stoned, what else are you going to do, waste half a glass of weed milk? It's not going to save for a long time.

1 gram extracted properly should be uncomfortably powerful even for someone with a tolerance.

yeah I think so as well. didn't consume orally in a long time, but I think next time I'll do it at 150-250mg of marijuana extracted in whole milk. (with added kardamom and cinnamon ;) )

If you extract correctly into whole milk, a shot glass full can get you obliterated. It most certainly is a fantastic carrier. You can even bake edibles with it.

1 gram extracted properly should be uncomfortably powerful even for someone with a tolerance.

There are too many variables to say that. It takes quite a lot to get me high as a daily smoker/vaper for 20 years, since I was a young teen. It'd have to be some very high grade hash or oil for a gram to get close to getting me uncomfortably stoned, something over 40% thc, but 10% thc isn't very strong, 15%-25% weed isn't uncommon. Eating a gram should certainly be powerful, but even with better weed I wouldn't say a gram would be uncomfortably strong for somebody with a tolerance, if you can handle smoking or vaping a gram then eating it isn't going to cause you a problem either.

It seems to hit faster & harder with milk or yogurt than with other edibles. I've tried many different types of edible over the last 20 years & settled on weed hot chocolate or hash yogurts as the easiest & most effective. I don't think the whole of India is wrong either, they know about cannabis, bhang is a fantastic drink.

It could be uncomfortably strong for somebody with no tolerance, it was maybe a little irresponsible to say drink the whole thing, but it wasn't going to save for long anyway. Maybe it was too much for him as he says he's still high 7 days later.

There is some research on emulsions (like milk) improving the absorption of lipid soluble drugs that don't easily dissolve in water (like thc), it works well, it saves a step in digestion. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211383513000919

Last edited: