• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How much Subutex (Buprenorphine) would I need for a 200-400mg per day oral Morphine habit?

pally pete

Bluelighter
How much Subutex (Buprenorphine) would I need for a 200-400mg per day oral Morphine habit?

I'm in the UK so no Naloxone in these pills.

Thanks

I use 30 -50 mg of Dilaudid a day , do I can answer this as I have used bupe in past . Hydromorphone is around 8 times stronger than morphine so our use is around the same . my Estimate would be 16-20mg a day should keep the sickness away

I use 30 -50 mg of Dilaudid a day , do I can answer this as I have used bupe in past . Hydromorphone is around 8 times stronger than morphine so our use is around the same . my Estimate would be 16-20mg a day should keep the sickness away
Thanks.

I've taken 8mg and it's made me feel majorly depressed.

Is this normal?

I know , hey I can’t take the stuff either makes me feel sick every time . I take it you want to cut down your useage ? Are you using for pain , or just for rec ? If you want to cut down just drop your usage slightly every day , you will probably have to get someone else involved and get a certain amount everyday so you don’t indulge too much . please give us a bit more info

I know , hey I can’t take the stuff either makes me feel sick every time . I take it you want to cut down your useage ? Are you using for pain , or just for rec ? If you want to cut down just drop your usage slightly every day , you will probably have to get someone else involved and get a certain amount everyday so you don’t indulge too much . please give us a bit more info
Recreational. I took 8 mg about 3&12 hours ago

I have 24 mg Buprenorphine left to use to hopefully feel good.

You will feel down , so probably totally normal . This is your mind saying hey where the fuck is my normal morphine , which feels heaps better and makes more endorphins as I find Bupe makes none . Your normal endorphins will come back after a few days I find so hang in there bud .
can you get more bupe ? , so you don’t run out and start on the morphine again ?

You will feel down , so probably totally normal . This is your mind saying hey where the fuck is my normal morphine , which feels heaps better and makes more endorphins as I find Bupe makes none . Your normal endorphins will come back after a few days I find so hang in there bud .
can you get more bupe ? , so you don’t run out and start on the morphine again ?
I have 3 x 8mg Buprenorphine tabs.

I'm not worried about running out, as I've cold turkey rattled hundred's of time of alsorts of Opiates...

Me too , it’s horrible hey , but I want you to stay off and not start up again . You need to continue with taking bupe for a few months probably to get into a routine again of not using . Cold turkey inevitably fails in my experience as I just start using again . Bupe will also take over your opiod receptors making it shit if you do use other opioids

Me too , it’s horrible hey , but I want you to stay off and not start up again . You need to continue with taking bupe for a few months probably to get into a routine again of not using . Cold turkey inevitably fails in my experience as I just start using again . Bupe will also take over your opiod receptors making it shit if you do use other opioids
But i wanna catch a buzz off the bupe...

It’s not going to happen dude , that’s why they give it to all the addicts . It stops withdrawal , but don’t get you high at all

Buprenorphine does wonders to my depression but i had to take at least 18mg/day subliangually. Now i've switched the weekly buvidal 32mg depot injection and it's even better. I know not a lot of people get shit out bupe but to me it has been godsent. The injection took two weeks to start properly work. It has to pile up on your body to certain degree of stability is reached. I can feel it hitting me on an injection day and i can be a bit noddy but otherwise it's just as steady as it can be. I love it. I can live my love without even thinking of taking substances.

Buprenorphine does wonders to my depression but i had to take at least 18mg/day subliangually. Now i've switched the weekly buvidal 32mg depot injection and it's even better. I know not a lot of people get shit out bupe but to me it has been godsent. The injection took two weeks to start properly work. It has to pile up on your body to certain degree of stability is reached. I can feel it hitting me on an injection day and i can be a bit noddy but otherwise it's just as steady as it can be. I love it. I can live my love without even thinking of taking substances.
Sounds great hey , how does 32mg work all week when you had 18 mg a day oral out of interest ? . I have never stuck it out with the stuff and yeah I heard the same it has to build up , and takes 2 weeks . I got told at one point I could have a shot of Bupe that would last a month or 3 months some crazy long period , you heard of that ?

Sounds great hey , how does 32mg work all week when you had 18 mg a day oral out of interest ? . I have never stuck it out with the stuff and yeah I heard the same it has to build up , and takes 2 weeks . I got told at one point I could have a shot of Bupe that would last a month or 3 months some crazy long period , you heard of that ?
I also hoped it would have a positive effect on my crippling depression & anxiety....

Buprenorphine is a mixed agonist/antagonist with uniqure properties that make it difficult to chart it's effects. In lower dosages, it seems to stimulate the Mu Opioid receptor at a much greater proportion relative to other Opioid I receptors. Buprenorphine (Buprenex) is a drug used in the clinical setting for pain management and the dosage units come in the form of 0.3mg intravenous if my memory serves me. This is just food for thought.

I typically never advise anyone t go above 8mg in any setting. I know there are so many conflicting experiences here, but I feel and also based upon personal research believe that anything above 8mg is going to increase physical dependence with a rapidly diminishing Mu receptor effect as the dosage is raised. In short, it's not linear. Yes, we are junkies and we're probably gonna take more and more until we're almost dead, but the smart move would be to induct using the microdosing method and get up to 8mg as quickly as possible.

200mg-400mg definitely isn't the worst I've ever worked on case-wise, but it's definitely gonna give you a nice rattle upon cessation, so being prepared is great, as you're trying to be. I encourage you very much to do your research on microdose induction as well as high-dose vs. low-dose benefits and make an informed decision.

If you have any questions or just wanna chat, hit me the fuck up dude.