• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much should you redose?

Trunker

Greenlighter
So far I've tried ecstasy twice in my life. This happened with 1 year of time in between sessions.

Both of the times, me and my friends have taken ecstasy 2 days in a row and redosed both days.

Even though I had "experienced" friends with me both times, they probably recommended me wrong dosages and I had a much better trip the second time, with even less ecstasy than the first time.

Anyway, I don't roll that often and I'm thinking of keeping it to very special occasions, like weekend festivals with my closest friends etc.

However I need some advice regarding the redose.

I'm a 24 year old male, 185cm tall and about 87kg.

1 pill usually works fine for me , but how much should I redose?

First time I took 1.5 pill, second time I only took 1 pill and I still had a great "second comeup".

I've seen on the forum that some people recommend only a half pill when doing a redose.

What do you guys think?

And how should I approach the second day of rolling?

Increase the amount or just stay the same?

I wouldn't recommend re-dosing. You are much more likely to be affected by negative consequences of MDMA consumption.

I wouldn't recommend re-dosing. You are much more likely to be affected by negative consequences of MDMA consumption.

I am aware of this but if I roll 1 every year I want to redose.

I've had comedowns as long as 7 days after these weekends but they are definitely worth it.

It's generally not advised to redose, but yeah if you're doing it once a year then it's certainly not the end of the world. Generally a redose should be half your initial dose taken between 1-1.5 to maybe 2 hrs after you take the initial dose. Redosing more than once is generally considered a waste.

Definitely don't bother taking it two nights in a row again, I mean even if it's 2 doses in a short period only once a year, even just a week break instead should surely yield better effects on the second time.

I am aware of this but if I roll 1 every year I want to redose.

I've had comedowns as long as 7 days after these weekends but they are definitely worth it.
Not sure why you would want to risk the worse come downs honestly?? Also if your waiting a year in between that's awesome but redosing a bunch kind of defeats the purpose...

Not sure why you would want to risk the worse come downs honestly?? Also if your waiting a year in between that's awesome but redosing a bunch kind of defeats the purpose...

Well thing is that me and my friends always visit this 3-day festival every year and we usually do ecstasy saturday and sunday.
We also redose both days.

I can agree redosing more than once is a total waste. But It's kind of boring NOT rolling on sunday if u waited a whole damn year for this weekend.
We don't do any kind of drug any time else throughout the year, barely even alcohol.

So yeah, it's not good but if done right, that would be redosing 2 hours after first drop, half of the original dose, it would be "ok" ?

First time I redosed 1.5 times as much, just stupid, last time I did same amount and next time I'll try half :)

If not ecstasy, what drug would u recommend to do on Sunday on this weekend?

Re-dosing greatly contributes to neurotoxicity. A High dose is the biggest cause of MDMA toxicity as well but maybe it would be better for you take take one big dose. Once you're out of serotonin you get diminished returns for each re-dose, your brain simply doesn't have serotonin to release at some point.

If you were hell bent on re-dosing I would advise a little smaller 1st dose and then a re-dose half the size of the first dose. Make sure you take anti-oxidants! Vitamin E every day starting the week before would be good at minimum, then vitamin C every couple hours the day of the roll. You could take 5-HTP to help replenish your serotonin if you're feeling down in the days after.

But honestly I would think about trying to get your hands on some mushrooms. They aren't that bad for your health but I wouldn't want to take them for the first time at a festival. But they won't damage your brain like MDMA abuse can.

Re-dosing greatly contributes to neurotoxicity. A High dose is the biggest cause of MDMA toxicity as well but maybe it would be better for you take take one big dose. Once you're out of serotonin you get diminished returns for each re-dose, your brain simply doesn't have serotonin to release at some point.

If you were hell bent on re-dosing I would advise a little smaller 1st dose and then a re-dose half the size of the first dose. Make sure you take anti-oxidants! Vitamin E every day starting the week before would be good at minimum, then vitamin C every couple hours the day of the roll. You could take 5-HTP to help replenish your serotonin if you're feeling down in the days after.

But honestly I would think about trying to get your hands on some mushrooms. They aren't that bad for your health but I wouldn't want to take them for the first time at a festival. But they won't damage your brain like MDMA abuse can.

I'm really stuck between knowing redosing 2 days in a row is bad but also want to max out the weekend.

But 1 pill + 0,5 pill shouldnt probably be so dangerous doing it once a year?
Me and my friends are always good with extra vitamins before, under and after the roll as well.

Re-dosing greatly contributes to neurotoxicity

Yes and no. It's all relative. If you gave a rat 1.5mg/kg followed by .5mg/kg redose I doubt any markers of neurotoxicity would significantly differ. However, if you gave a rat 1.5mg/kg + 1.5mg/kg +1.5mg/kg +1.5mg/kg then I'd hazard a guess that it would incur more damage than a 6mg/kg dose all at once. I'm skeptical about neurotoxicity actually occurring at recreational human doses (100-250mg) regardless of re-dosing. Actual death of neurons seems limited to very high dosing regimes. But that's not to say taking recreational doses of MDMA toward the higher end (300-400mg) doesn't have it's risks, it's just that these risks are likely nothing to do with actual death of cells.

I'm of the opinion that one or two redoses around half of the first dose isn't the end of the world. At least in my experiences I've not noticed worse comedowns just potential long-term loss of 'magic'. But it's hard to know whether this would have happened without re-dosing anyway. I think the critical part of re-dosing is to make sure that the remaining doses are only toward the threshold (40-80mg) and not full on (100-200mg).

Sorry I should've been clearer, some of that statement "Re-dosing greatly contributes to neurotoxicity" was in the context of OP's "Both of the times, me and my friends have taken ecstasy 2 days in a row and redosed both days.", I agree if the re-dose is around 50mg/half a pill its definitely not the end of the world, I'm just a little worried about the 4 doses in 2 days I guess.

Anyways Trunker, glad you're doing the vitamins, try to get the best sleep you can, I believe sleep is very important and if I were you I would hesitate about re-dosing or even rolling the 2nd day if you don't get much sleep after your 1st roll.

Redosing seems to be bad like many people say. What I did was, took 1 pill of maybe 150mg first, and maybe 2,5-4 hours later another pill. Sure you'll have a fun night, is it wise? I can't say.

I agree that it would be redosing too many times at too high a dose for the size of the body that is likely the main threat with regard to neurotoxicity. I think the old Dutch rule of thumb that 2mg per kg of bodyweight is a good dose, and if you are going to redoes probably 50-75% of that dose as a follow up, after that I really did begin to find that in my latter days it was a diminished return from any later dosing. Not worth it imo.

Btw seriously you do not need 1 year gaps between MDMA use. A month is probably loads, good if you want to keep it special too.

I agree that it would be redosing too many times at too high a dose for the size of the body that is likely the main threat with regard to neurotoxicity. I think the old Dutch rule of thumb that 2mg per kg of bodyweight is a good dose, and if you are going to redoes probably 50-75% of that dose as a follow up, after that I really did begin to find that in my latter days it was a diminished return from any later dosing. Not worth it imo.

Btw seriously you do not need 1 year gaps between MDMA use. A month is probably loads, good if you want to keep it special too.

I heard you "lose" the magic if u take it to often.
I have a friend of mine that takes it on "regular weekends" and I can never see myself doing that.

Ecstasy for me is like that cherry on top of a sweet milkshake ;)
I only do it on special occasions with my best friends to really enhance the moment.

Doing it to often feels like a waste. But thats maybe because we go so hard on these weekends... Maybe 1 pill wouldnt be so bad every now and then.