L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How much sex is too much?

Yourbaker

Bluelighter
What would you think is too little, too much and an appropriate Range?

Should there be a difference between living together vs married, gay vs straight or late in a long term relationship vs early?

EDIT:

I ask because we have sex daily, often twice and not quicky sex either. Don't get me wrong it's great but it has increased this year vs 5 years ago (we just passed 14 years living together as a gay couple). I felt this was above average but my doctor seemed to not have any real opinion. So I've come to BL, because I listen to BL people like they were trained.

I'm Mid 50's now so just concerned it anyone has "an old man and too much of a good thing story". In chatting with friends I realized when they asked how often did I have sex? They didn't mean "this morning" so I should check.

Last edited:
Depends on individual preference. I for one have a moderate sex drive and dont necessarily need sex to feel love and connection. Generally speaking when in the infatuation period of a relationship its more often then not and then after that it becomes a few times a month. I've been in two long term relationships and thats just a pattern ive noticed and something i know about myself.

My guess is it only depends on the individual, whether or not they have a high or low sex drive and how much they equate sex to love and connection. For me its moderate and not really so I can be fine with low/medium amounts provided there is enough connection outside of sex. Dont get me wrong sex is definitely an important part and creates a connection but to me it is not the whole part of a relationship.

By my late 20s I was happy with everyday to every other day. Sometimes go a few times when we went at it.

I wouldn't have sex more than twice a day and expect it not to completely define your relationship.

It also depends on how often your partner actually wants to fuck, if you both want to fuck like rabbits, ain't nothing wrong with that.

I guess the scenario in my head is sometimes on party will do anything to please the other including having sex way more than they want to. The other is someone trying to save a faling relationship by adding in more sex.

Then chaffing is a real issue.

If I'm not having sex. I mastetbate at least 4 seperate times per day. Sometimes for hours. I always want to fuck. It's all I think about.

So are you 19?

Good God when I was 17-22 I was a habitual wanker even if I was in a relationship.

I couldn't get enough sex. I slept with so many women. Still do..... but more relationships or I guess flings

I think you're doing very well and you are to be congratulated.
Some people like lots and others don't. Some want and others can't so vive la diversité. Good luck

These questions get more and more hilarious every week. Nobody can tell you what too much or too little is for your sexual behavior. Not everything in your life needs a cosign or permission or approval. Common sense says the older you get the less you want it so enjoy as much as you want as a young person and when you get older it will become harder and harder to please you due to your lengthy experience and high standards that innately became part of you as you aged.

These questions get more and more hilarious every week. Nobody can tell you what too much or too little is for your sexual behavior. Not everything in your life needs a cosign or permission or approval. Common sense says the older you get the less you want it so enjoy as much as you want as a young person and when you get older it will become harder and harder to please you due to your lengthy experience and high standards that innately became part of you as you aged.

My apologies, I didn't want to just say "Hey, I think I might have a sex addiction". This being a harm reduction site, it did actually seem like the right place to ask it. I just tried to ask it first by asking how much. I edited it later to give it some context.

I hope you can understand as an addict i want to try and avoid calling something in my life an addiction too quickly. Once that cat is out of the box it is a struggle to put it back in.

yeah sorry but its a stupid question

how long is a peice of string? whatever works for you

and i dont think twice a day is sex addiction its just frequent and high sex drive suited

There's not really such a thing as 'too much'. As long as you're being healthy and not over doing it to the point that you have uncontrollable heart palpitations and struggle to breathe, then you're good. However, if you're doing a lot of anal, use plenty of lube and try not to pink sock it. Unless you're into that sort of thing.
Maybe take a break if either of you get friction sores. ;)

My apologies, I didn't want to just say "Hey, I think I might have a sex addiction". This being a harm reduction site, it did actually seem like the right place to ask it. I just tried to ask it first by asking how much. I edited it later to give it some context.

I hope you can understand as an addict i want to try and avoid calling something in my life an addiction too quickly. Once that cat is out of the box it is a struggle to put it back in.

I was addicted to sex too as a young person. We are all in this together and anyone who tries to make you feel bad for enjoying pleasure doesn't deserve to have you in their life.