• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How much methadone to get out of withdrawal (with a heavy tolerance)?

mankind

Bluelighter
I have been chipping the past few months. Been on this roller coaster for the past 15 years or so. I use dope maybe once every 2 to 3 weeks, normally shoot about a gram or so within 24-36 hours. I get super high for a day, then get fairly dope sick for about 3 to 4 days. Then I am somewhat healthy for about 10 days. It's been a constant cycle for the past 4 or 5 months. I am actually surprised that I get significant withdrawal from only using for a little more than a day, but admittedly it is a lot to do in a day. I'd say it's about a 5-6 on the withdrawal scale.

So for probably the first time in my life, I am actually trying to plan ahead to soothe my withdrawals. I have 2 grams of fire coming Friday or Saturday. Not packaged bundles from a corner boy, it's actually a solid rock that weighs a little over 2 grams and is tried and true fire. I know everyone here claims they get fire dope straight from the Taliban, but this is actual fire. I know because I have had enough garbage dope to know what's what.

So finally after that long preamble, my question: How much methadone will it take to soothe my withdrawals? Having been in county detox a handful of times, they would start you off on 10mg, then give you another 10mg in 12 hours or so, then another 10mg in another 12 hours, then start tapering you down, and boot you out in 5 days. I can honestly say I didn't get any relief at all the first two days or so from those doses. I suppose MAYBE that it expedited recovering, and even that was MAYBE 10%ish or so. The weird thing is I had done methadone three or four times many years ago (well over a decade ago), and I remember taking 100mg and loving it. I was high literally all day. It was that really lovely sleepy, itchy, nodding high, with that strong buzzing euphoria. It very well could be me looking back and romanticizing it though. So, after I finishing shooting the 2 grams, I know I am going to be fairly ill in withdrawal. I am wondering how much methadone is a fair amount to take for someone with a good tolerance for opiates. How could one effectively help withdrawal with 90mg of methadone (that's all I'll have - nine 10mg pills)? I am thinking of taking 40mg the first day, then 30mg , then 20mg on the last. I will also have some lovely klonopins to assist as well.

Also, when should I time taking the methadone? I remember it taking a fair amount of time to kick in. Should I wait till I am in significant withdrawal? I know from being on subs for 8 years that I don't have to worry about any of those dangers with methadone.

I'm curious what you guys think. Thanks!

"I've got enough garbage dope to know what good smack is." <lmao x] that made no sense to me, but made me laugh. OK onto your questions.. With methadone you don't have to wait until you're in wds, so essenessentially you can take it whenever you want to. The question is, are you detoxing until you can score again, or are you quitting altogether? If you're quitting altogether, I would try to make the 2g's last as long as possible, and do a taper with that, and not even bother with the 'dones. If you're trying to make it to your next fix, I would try to make the dope last as long as you can, then wait until you're in slight to moderate wd to administer the methadone. This way you can notice if the methadone is working, or not. So after you're in wd, start with 10mg, and redose 10mg every 2 hours, until you feel relief.. you'll probably need 30-40mg in the end, to feel better after that type of binge. But like I stated before,.start with 10mg, and wait 2 hours before taking another 10mg.

- Hopeless Soul

i would say 40-60mg has cured even the worst of withdrawal for me. Methadone is fucking potent. But i give you one advise dont stay on the done one day longer as needed. I acctually cycled this way in the beginning, weekend heroin, one dose methadone to come down during two days. Obviously doesnt work if you use every weekend. But i can see it working with your usage. But 2g fire should last longer then 1-2 days anyway.

Guys take care to read mankind's post - dude has been using/chipping for 15years ffs and expectedly clearly is familiar with methadone and has 8years of that lime tasting shit under his tongue or up his arm under his belt.

As I understand things and it makes perfect sense, methadone is given in 10mg increments so the clinic doesn't end up with a dead body on their clinic floor cos how do they really know the junkster in front of them has really been "shooting a gram a day of fire".....yeah right buddy more like 200mgs hidden in amongst that black shit you're sold as Heroin.

Anyway, my point is as you have all rightly stated 40-50mgs will make the world of difference for the first of a few days of 5-6/10 H WD's. Mind you as you have stated mankind, after that 2g's your WD's may be a little worse as you creep closer towards daily use (again, I'm guessing). You lucky bastard, I could IV that whole rock and not get a tickle due to the 32+mgs of that lime tasting shit called Suboxone that's stuck to my receptors like this 'face huggers' from the Alien movies. Probably why I'm so prickly, apologies if I sound like a dick.

Last edited:
And it should be noted that 100mgs of done had you nodding all day as it should if your dose and tolerance aren't in sync if you get my drift, but maybe use that as a guide - how much dope were you doing around that time?

If someone opiate naïve tried methadone they probably wouldn't chase anything but methadone. There's nothing better than pharmaceutical grade drugs, I know cos I only recently came off up to 500mgs of oxycodone per day and that amount did fuck all in the 'high' department let alone the 'pain relief' department I used it for. Fucking opiates and my tolerance to them.

Hopeless Soul - mankind meant he has done plenty of garbage H to know what's what.

start with 40 mg, make sure to give it time to kick in, like don't redose for three hours at least, when starting methadone, IME it always takes a ridiculous amount of time to kick in. Back when I was shooting about a gram of medium grade tar, 40mg would barely get me out of withdrawal, it felt like an extended release cotton shot, I don't know if this was because of other alkaloids remaining in the dope or what because I never had that problem when I was shooting high quality china white, but for some reason it seemed I'd need a rather large starting dose with the tar heroin.