• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How much/many xanax can you take and not build dependence?

its more about length but if you take a lot in a short amount of time you'll probably get sick though. This will sound like an exaggeration cause im anonymous but I got my hands on a decent amount and they were 3.5 mgs which must be a lie right? well im sure some of you know where I got them but I got 250 of those bars sold sixty and went crazy eating/snorting 8-12 a day for 2 weeks and was fine after I stopped for a bit just brain dead then on the fourth day I collapsed in lawn and dry heaved and shit all the way to the hospital. x is time and y is amount. lets see how faggot I can get haha. x+y=fine x+Y=sick X+Y=fucked/dependant. god I sound so stupid

Nobody can really answer this. A lot of dependence can be in the mind, you could enjoy that first pill so much you instantly develop an addiction, always craving that same, blissful feeling.

As stated previously, this question really can't be answered as everybody reacts differently to everything. There are literally dozens of factors at play to determine that; susceptibility to addictions, genetic factors, metabolism, body type, etc. What I can say is a good friend of mine went on a 5 day xanax binge, taking between 4-8mg/day for those five days and like GenitalWarts said; he was totally fine for a day as the half life of the drug (which is short in comparison to other benzodiazepines) allowed for 'some' (but very little) seizure protection, in his case on day 2 he had a seizure and aspirated into his lungs, almost dying had he not been found so quickly. He was lucky. Take it from me, I'm extremely physically addicted to benzo's (I'm truly embarrassed to tell you my daily intake, but if you read my thread I wrote this morning you'll see it's terrible), and if I were you and knowing what I know now. I would not take more than 1-2mg of the stuff *maybe* every ten days. It can ruin your life fast. It certainly has for me.
And as mysafehome01 stated, some drugs were just meant/not meant for certain people to even try once, as they become instant addicts. I'm a recovering heroin addict and all it took was 5$ worth to steal 5 years of my life, including 2 in Prison... Xanax was like that for me too to a lesser extent.

Just giving you a fair warning to beware.

There isn't a specific answer and by dependence do you mean physical or psychological?

I mean it obviously depends on how often / the person's metabolism. I took Xanax .5 mg every couple of hours for a couple months back in 2013, didn't feel like I was dependent on it, was just having a rough spell. Haven't used it in six months at least, now, though I carry it with me everywhere I go.

If you have a history of addiction then I think someone taking doses like that would probably get dependent.