• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How much is too much methylone (bk-mdma)??

applehead142

Greenlighter
Hey guys this is my first post ever on any drug forum so tell me if it sucks ass or if im doing it all wrong haha.

So i have been getting into methylone recently. taking it every 2-3 days for the past three weeks. (i know i need to slow down)
But anyways just a quick question. I have done research and cant seem to find much info on overdoses from this drug. How much would it take? Are the effects just like "seretonin syndrome or what? I ask this because i just took .3 and i didnt feel it so i dosed another .3 about an hour and a half later and of course right when i took the second dose the first one hit me. just making sure ill be straight. im sure i will be. thanks guys !

I have taken over a gram in six hours. I have seen others take it much higher. I always thought it was nearly impossible to OD on methylone until the two recently reported deaths. It goes to show that you never know and thus it is unwise to disrespect any drug.

I would say your frequency of use is the most troubling in your case. You need to rake a rest.

For your own sake stop now. This should be a clear indication for you considering you had to dose 600mgs....

Yeah seriously slow down on the methylone... I've gone through multiple grams in a day before... I'm pretty sure Help?!?! would remember how much I messed myself up with methylone. Methylone was even more compulsive for me than mephedrone was although they both were among the most compulsive drugs I've ever done.

I never got my tolerance so high that I didn't feel anything off of 300mg though... Seriously, 600mg is a LOT of methylone. I doubt it would kill anyone but I can't imagine that it would be possible to function at all on that high of a dose. The highest I ever bombed at once was like 250mg and I was *destroyed*

Back off of the methylone - it gets really bad when you abuse it. Any of the cathinones do.

Hey USA
Europe is back
I am not goin to lecture you sayin this or that.
But Ive had very pure methylone fact is i mention pure because half you wont even believe it
And the way to really experience a mdma-like experience on methylone is basic in europe: if you have methy, you drop 5-700mg in one go, it's not overwhelming. but hell, i've never been really overwhelmed by 250-300mg pure mdma either cuz im a strung out. fact is: no one that ive partied with around in europe(esp. german) has ever felt overwhelmed and all agree that high dose methy is the only way to go. that was my point. trust me half you gats would function way better on 5-600mg methy then you really really think off of yourself.

If you're taking 5-700mg of methylone then you're not getting pure product. I've had GC/MS and NMR tested methylone - 98.2% - and 200mg had me completely floored. Methylone isn't as forgiving as MDMA either - less is more with methylone.

You're giving extremely poor advice. I don't know anyone who recommends such ridiculous doses of methylone. As for the MDMA, 250-300mg seems to be common over in Europe. But that doesn't make it necessary. Higher doses just increase the damage you're doing and do little to benefit the high. It has a ceiling that is totally based on serotonin. Once you hit that saturation point, you're just increasing neurotoxicity exponentially.

Was waiting for it.
I'mma say its not a poor product. Over the sea my brother, we drop way higher dosages then you for some reason and i'm ready to believe Europe also has way better quality and quantity then you got. (please; do not read this as brag,showoff or anything. from what I understand it is the truth)....
Nah man below 200mg mdma doesnt do that kick for me really, it's nice and all but I prefer 250-270mg no redose.

If you'd be to visit some scandinavian drugforums or german you'll see many would say that methy indeed at 5-600mg+ resemble mdma alot.

I'm not going to get into an argument about it. These are guidelines that have been defined in the community and those are the guidelines that we go by.

If you haven't sent your product off to be analyzed then you don't know the purity of the drug that you have.

I can tell you that I know for a fact that at 170mg, I would have a hard time telling it apart from 100-120mg of MDMA if it were not for the urge to redose, the short duration, and the stimulating crash at the end. Higher doses just make that worse.

There is no way for us to draw a direct comparison between doses because we have different markets and we don't have uniform quality between them.

I've always found it quite interesting though that in Europe, the dose to get to the same place we get here in the US seems to be pretty much universally reported to be higher. 150mg of high quality MDMA will have me rolling so hard that I'm sitting in the middle of the floor having explosions of euphoria so intense that I actually have dry orgasms, moans and all...

I would say we in Europe are more used to drug culture and alcohol culture hence why russian polacks eastearn europe can drink copious amounts of alcohol and do extreme amounts of amphetamine without bein too much. I'd say we are just more strung out, i've never even been floored and i know no one that has been floored we havnt even heared of it over here.

It could be a genetic pre-disposed tolerance. I know that I have a genetic pre-disposed alcohol tolerance from my Irish and German descent.

Either way, since this is a harm reduction forum, we don't ever advocate starting off with doses that can be considered excessive. You can always work up to a higher dose when you're more familiar with the material but once you take it, its too late to do much about it and that's where the danger comes in, especially with drug sensitivities, misidentified drugs, research chemicals, etc.

Too much bk MDMA? Well if you shove any bk MDMA in your face (or elsewhere) it's too much. As a bonus it's shithouse.

we drop way higher dosages
no we don't. well, actually we do; i don't know any ecstasy user who hasn't gone past 5 good pills in a night. but we learn from our mistakes and adept our dosages. after all we're more intelligent than the dumb, uneducated americans, are we? ;)
i'm fine for a whole night with 120mg mdma + 75mg redose. a friend of mine who's a particular hardhead to most drugs is completely satisfied with 160mg + 85mg redose.

for methylone, i haven't found a dose that feels as strong as mdma. comparing methylone to mdma is sort of like comparing tramadol to morphine imho. the fromer is a "weaker drug" that just cannot give you the full spectrum of the latter (not only but also due to the side effects increasing more rapidly as you increase the dosage compared to the pleasant effects). the horrible comedown from 200mg methylone was enough for me to never touch that shitty excuse for a drug again. that of course varies from person to person, but judging from the reports here on the forum i'm definitely not alone here.

Europe also has way better quality and quantity then you got.
we surely do :)
we also have free government-funded lab testing that give us detailed results considering purity. did you have your mdma (the stuff you use for dosing 250+mg in a single dose) tested that way?

Last edited:
Yeah seriously slow down on the methylone... I've gone through multiple grams in a day before... I'm pretty sure Help?!?! would remember how much I messed myself up with methylone. Methylone was even more compulsive for me than mephedrone was although they both were among the most compulsive drugs I've ever done.

I never got my tolerance so high that I didn't feel anything off of 300mg though... Seriously, 600mg is a LOT of methylone. I doubt it would kill anyone but I can't imagine that it would be possible to function at all on that high of a dose. The highest I ever bombed at once was like 250mg and I was *destroyed*

Back off of the methylone - it gets really bad when you abuse it. Any of the cathinones do.
That I do, was not good times! From reading though I always found it a bit inverse because most people couldn't put down the meph but you always did loveeee your entactogens! From what I remember methylones pharma leads it to be much more stimulating than MDMA by a fair margin, which would probably lead to even worse things in certain terms. I also have to agree, 250mgs of methylone would mess me up, I wouldn't even do 400mgs let alone 600! I would agree as well though that methylone never really feels like MDMA but i'm fairly good at recognizing individual effects/don't enjoy stimulants.

Oh and euros can suck it, we get more droogs den you guys will ever get and your land mass is far bigger, as well as your population, nice fail!!;) ;) :p How do any of you know your drugs are better quality, sounds like some imaginative dreaming/wishing to me.....as I wouldn't be quite playing the fool pretending as if my chemicals were better quality unless I tested them, then found another person from the US who was a tested source to weigh that against, I mean damn, they say Americans are cocky, eh?!? ;) Oh and don't worry, you guys can have the gold medal for unsafely using drugs then becoming addicts, not the sort of thing I want displayed on my mantel......:\

Oh and euros can suck it, we get more droogs den you guys will ever get and your land mass is far bigger, as well as your population, nice fail!!;) ;) :p How do any of you know your drugs are better quality, sounds like some imaginative dreaming/wishing to me.....as I wouldn't be quite playing the fool pretending as if my chemicals were better quality unless I tested them, then found another person from the US who was a tested source to weigh that against, I mean damn, they say Americans are cocky, eh?!? ;)

:D ;)

but seriously, we can compare the results of our pill testing websites with ecstasydata. i always see a much larger percentage of nicely dosed mdma pills (and better mdma powder) on average on our side of the atlantic, but compared to you over there we're totally lacking in mda :(

also, i'm pretty sure that north america totally eclipses europe in land area. europe must seem as at least as overcrowded to you as india is to us.

I've never had a comedown from methylone really even after a 1g binge over 4 hours.

But the side effects start to get scary after you have 400mg active methylone in your body. You start to get these really strong muscle spasms, you phase in and out of reality, and you start losing control.