• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How much info do drug test kits give you in terms of increasing safety?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I mean for 2-fa for example it supposedly goes clear with the maquis test but what does that tell you?

It narrows things down a bit but not totally right? ie better than nothing.

It would also tell you if it is cut with anything if the other drug happened to turn a differnet color right? so the expected color indicates the correct substance and no cuts?

but it may still be cut with something that turns the same color as 2-fa? or is that less likely.

Is a test kit 'good enough' in most cases to be fairly confident about what you're getting? provided you take other best practices to attain the sample such as dealing with reputable vendors.

This thread treads on a fine line as it's a UA question which is not allowed, though the question is somewhat legitimate. I read somewhere that 2-FA will test positive for amphetamine, which would not do you much good as it would only assure you that what you had was indeed an amphetamine, but not what type. The only way the test could confirm something it was cut with would be if it was cut with one of the other drugs the kit tested for which would be unlikely.

Am I supposed to have any idea what a UA question is?

As far as I am concerned it's a very important harm reduction question.

Am I supposed to have any idea what a UA question is?

As far as I am concerned it's a very important harm reduction question.

If you read the BLUA and OD Guidelines then you should have an idea, yes. But I tentatively agree with you on the second part so I'll keep this open for now but reserve the right to close it in the future.