• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much hydrocodone to feel like I took 30mg oxycodone

Blueteva

Greenlighter
don't find that it's 1.5x as potent meaning 45 hydro would equal 30mg oxy

How much do you guys with a decent tolerance feels equals out

have this issue where can eat hydro like nothing and get nothing feeling wise but take 3 perc 10's and feel it

Rather just take x amount of hydro at a time then keep taking them 3 at a time till worried about the possibility of od

They are 7.5s mixed with Motrin not apap so not worried about that end of it, not gonna do a cwe either

Last edited:
Well, you have the conversion right, as far as that goes. I do hear you though in that hydro-anything doesn't usually do anything much for me either. For some reason, and I'm sure there's a technical/chemical explanation for why my body (and apparently yours too) has a much better effectiveness rate with oxy drugs as opposed to hydro meds. But it is a fact!

Sounds like you have the right idea. Start with the conversion tables and slowly add a bit until you get where you want to be. Just leave a decent amount of time in between doses, so you're sure you don't take too many. You know, the whole "proceed with caution" routine. Hope this helps you out a little and Enjoy!

Well, you have the conversion right, as far as that goes. I do hear you though in that hydro-anything doesn't usually do anything much for me either. For some reason, and I'm sure there's a technical/chemical explanation for why my body (and apparently yours too) has a much better effectiveness rate with oxy drugs as opposed to hydro meds. But it is a fact!

Sounds like you have the right idea. Start with the conversion tables and slowly add a bit until you get where you want to be. Just leave a decent amount of time in between doses, so you're sure you don't take too many. You know, the whole "proceed with caution" routine. Hope this helps you out a little and Enjoy!

I'm looking to put a number to it, it sure in hell cant be 1.5, maybe not even 2x

And not sure about that chemical thing because 20ish mgs before I was switched on/off to oxy was the greatest thing, I guess I miss that warm fuzzy crystal clear headed feeling vics gives

Don't get me wrong percs are nice and more effective but they only last like 2 hours tops and I would say the hydro feeling tops the oxy feeling

Where as hydro are less effective and hit and miss but they last so much longer then percs

I still get pain relief from hydro, wouldn't call it a pain KILLER but not that feeling anymore where as I would totally call oxy a pain KILLER that comes with that feeling

Hydro is garbage for me. No amount could equal oxy.

I like kratom much better than both.

Consult an opioid conversion chart/application. In my own experience, I would take 40mg-45mg of hydrocodone to achieve similar effect to 30mg of oxycodone. The effects from each drug respectively will never be identical, like all opioids/ates, there are subtle differences between each. I, myself prefer hydrocodone over oxycodone significantly.

I've talked to people who have said the same thing, that they really don't get anything out hydro for some reason, I'm not sure why because the two drugs are chemically very similar and get metabolized in the same way. My general rule of thumb is to wait about one hour before redosing. Start with 45 mg hydro and then another 20 mg after 1 h. Redosing a third time probably won't do much for you, if you still aren't feeling much I would might just give it a rest and stick with oxy.

Oxycodone is in FACT 1.5x stronger than Hydrocodone.

the problem here is, IMO is that Hydrocodone products contain APAP (Tylenol)...
So that's why you probably feel 'heavier' on the Hydrocodone.

Even when you do Cold Water Extraction to remove the APAP, it's pretty much impossible to remove it ALL.

They DO have a newer formulation of Hydrocodone without APAP, in ER form called ZoHydro.
Ive personally NEVER seen it in person, Nor have I met someone who has.

NSAID's do make opiates work better, according to many sources (do re search and you'll see what I'm talking about)

For me, in all honesty, a 10mg Percocet (10mg Oxycodone/325mg APAP) feels the same as a 15mg Roxy (Pure Oxycodone IR).

It's very confusing. I know.

If you have Norco 10/325s, take 4, to equal out 40mg of Hydrocodone and 1300mg APAP, you should feel just as good as taking a 30mg Roxy IR.
But careful! If you have the 5/325 Norco pills, MAKE SURE you do a Cold water extraction, you don't want to take 2600mg of APAP in just ONE DOSE. You'll cause damage to the liver.

Hope that helps,
-Methacodone

I dunno exactly, but I feel like 15mg is about the ceiling for me when it comes to hydrocodone. Then again, maybe that's about as much as I have ever taken at one time. I can't really recall. Basically, though, I find the two drugs to be largely similar in a dosing scale, though oxycodone is a lot easier for me to get sick on and puke uncontrollably on my friend while he's driving us around. As far as euphoria, I think oxycodone and hydrocodone are largely similar, despite the widespread assumption that oxycodone is much more powerful; what I am saying is that I don't necessarily find that assumption holds water. For some reason, I also want to say that oxycodone is more stimulating. I know I have trouble falling back asleep at 5am on 30mg of oxycodone 12 hours earlier. I don't know, to be honest, if that is an issue with higher dose hydrocodone at all, but I have a hunch it is smoother / less stimulating.

Oxy & Roxy are 1.5 times stronger then Hydrocodone. So 45mg hydro is equal to 30mg oxy/roxy. It doesn't feel that way especially because I ran out of my script of roxys and am taking 10mg norcs and 30mg zohydro and cant get comfortable without my roxys and have been taking a shitload of hydro.
By the way if your going to take Hydro(Norco, Vicodin etc) make sure to ask your dr for Zohydro. It contains no APAP. And there is a ER version and IR. So pick your poison.
If your wondering how to ask your dr for zohydro you just say the APAP is worrysome for long term effects and that should be enough for your dr to understand this is the healthier way to get the relief from your pain. Worked for me. Lowered down from 40mg oxys - 30s - 20s then just asked for Zohydro. My dr gave it to me with no questions.
Even thought the buzz sucks after being on Roxy's/Oxys to switch down to Hydro. Just a heads up

Wow. I walk around most of the time with either low or no tolerance. Had a couple of scripts last month for Oxy and Hydro both. For me, 15mg of Hydro was easily better than 10mg of Oxy. Couldn't compare the higher dosages because although I've been up to 60mg of hydro at a time, I've never come close to 40mg of Oxy at one time.