• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much hydrazine to potentiate opiates?

MrRoot

Bluelight Crew
I just stumbled upon the fact that somewhere in the internet I can use hydrazine to boost opiates.

I haven't thought about that as we don't have hydrazine as antihistamine in our pharmacies but I have it as solutions and powderous forms as I do amateur rocketry as my hobby and it is used as rocket fuel too.

How much hydrazine I should use to boost my oxycodone taken orally? I have some tolerance as it currently takes 240mgs to 280mgs to get nod out of then.

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/hydrazine#section=Top

By the description of hydrazine on this site I would not contemplate using it to potentiate opiates. It's labeled a possible carcinogen for one and it is also an irritant and might damage your mouth, throat, and stomach.

Hydroxyzine however is a safe method that some people use to potentiate their opiates. I've tried Hydroxyzine and it didn't work very well for me but it's definitely worth trying especially compared to hydrazine. I've found that if you are taking opiates orally the best method of potentiation is tums beforehand and a completely empty stomach.

Also I don't mean to discourage you but it seems like potentiation techniques are effectively useless on drugs with high oral bioavailability like oxycodone. Since the oral bio of oxycodone is anywhere between 80-90% (from what I remember) there isn't much more room for improvement, unlike drugs like morphine which have an oral bio of ~40%.

Oh derp. I feel like an total idiot now.

I definately thought I read hydrazine instead of hydroxyzine but now that I checked out my browser history it was hydroxyzine that the page was about.

It struck me a bit odd that in states they would have stuff I use as a rocket propellant as an antihistamine but since it even mentioned brand names I thought that maybe it could be used as drug in small amounts because things like lithium are used too as a drug.

I might try hydroxyzine out though.

falsifiedhypothesi, I have thought about boosting or potentiating bit broader thing than just improving BA of any given route. As for example if I take something that inhibits enzymes that play vital role in oxycodone clearance I can have longer high and for example if I take anything that synergizes with oxycodone in terms such as having same kind of effects as opiates (benzos for example to intensify nodding experience) I can have more intense high. Actually oxycodone is my DOC due the fact it has such high oral BA so that I don't have to even think about using a needle. Also it doesn't have atleast for me (I have had Oxanest injections in a hospital setting few times) any kind of highly noticeable rush when IVed or insufflated so the needle stays out because of that too.

Wow, this thread could've ended badly. Glad you asked.

Be careful and enjoy!

http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/hydrazine#section=Top By the description of hydrazine on this site I would not contemplate using it to potentiate opiates. It's labeled a possible carcinogen for one and it is also an irritant and might damage your mouth, throat, and stomach. Hydroxyzine however is a safe method that some people use to potentiate their opiates. I've tried Hydroxyzine and it didn't work very well for me but it's definitely worth trying especially compared to hydrazine. I've found that if you are taking opiates orally the best method of potentiation is tums beforehand and a completely empty stomach. Also I don't mean to discourage you but it seems like potentiation techniques are effectively useless on drugs with high oral bioavailability like oxycodone. Since the oral bio of oxycodone is anywhere between 80-90% (from what I remember) there isn't much more room for improvement, unlike drugs like morphine which have an oral bio of ~40%.
Thanks for elaborating on my post. Hydroxyzine is better than nothing. It may still have an effect. Glad this thread turned out okay. Speed king.

Some of your thoughts, MrRoot on potentiation mirror my own on the topic. To me, taking something to inhibit the metabolism of a drug and specifically opioids, is not much different than just taking more of the drug itself. I do understand that this method can perhaps decrease how quickly you blow through your stash and be more cost effective, but if you are going to take a drug to enhance the effects of another, you get a far better experience if the second drug is one who has similar effects through a different mechanism than the first. This may be thought of more of being additive rather than true potentiation.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend combining two drugs in naive users (or even those experienced in one drug but not the other) as it is foolish and dangerous, but a pharmacodynamic interaction (as in oxycodone and hydroxyzine) beats a pharmacokinetic one any day for me.

An interesting side note or bit of trivia about hydroxyzine. Hydroxyzine has many effects besides simply being an antihistamine. It is a sedative, anxiolytic, and analgesic in its own right (equivalent to 8mg of morphine by some accounts). But it has also been described as an ataraxiant, which is an agent that can cause tranquility or a state of dissociation from stressful inputs. This is where the branded name of hydroxyzine hcl, Atarax comes from. Pretty pharmacy geek stuff but that's what I do.

Wiki said:
Ataraxia (ἀταραξία, "tranquility") is a Greek term used by Pyrrho and Epicurus for a lucid state of robust tranquility, characterized by ongoing freedom from distress and worry.

We use this drug at work. I have used it on occasion myself. Anyone expecting BZD type anxiolysis will be disappointed but it certainly has it's place. It is decent for non panic attack tier anxiety and for sleep. It does potentiate opiates. Too many people think it's just another antihistamine like kittycat said, it isn't. Is worth looking into.

I agree with kitty, if you use another drug to add to the effects you are just going to end up with a poly-drug addiction where neither drug alone will be satisfying anymore. The only time I would not have a problem with adding another drug on top is with the antihistamines like diphenhydramine and hydroxyzine since they are generally much less addictive then benzos, z-drugs, and gabapent/preglibin.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking christ if you had taken that hydrazine you would be dead now as it is very toxic and also highly unstable (this means it can go boom) unless in a proper solution. To say this could have ended badly is a understatement and if you use this chemical for legitamite purposes you should have already have educated yourself on the potential risks involved with habdling this or any other chemical you have. That way you don't end up as a contender for the Darwin award :\

As for Hydroxyzine it is a pretty good opiate potentiator. From personal experience i can say it works fine with any opiate/opioid and i have used it to potentiate Codeine, Demerol aka Meperidine/Pethidine, Oxycodone, Morphine, Hydromorphone and Fentanyl. I would definitely say it's better then most other antihistamines at potentiating the nod and adding to the overall sedation while also stopping the itch and other Histaminic side effects of opiates. The normal dose of Hydroxyzine is 50-100mg's.