• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How much does it take to overdose on Xanax and alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmagerz

Greenlighter
Hi
Sorry if Im posting in the wrong place but Im a bit freaked out and in a hurry

So my girlfriend's taken about 10-15 mg of Xanax, to which she has quite a resistance, been taking about 4 every night for a long time and been taking 8-10 every once in a while.

Now I wasn't that worried until she told me she also had two glasses of wine before. She's in really bad depressive state.

Is that dangerous? I know for sure its around 13mg of xanax but I cant verify how much alcohol she actually had.
But right now she's fallen asleep, shes snoring breathing regularly which I think is a good sign... Should I be worried? what should I look for? any signs I should call an ambulance?

many many thanks

Is that dangerous?

Yeah for sure, but there's way too many variables for anyone to try and assess the risk.. Her tolerance, the strength of the wine.. how big is a glass.. timing etc.

I wouldn't worry too much.. but,, Ideally you wanna make sure she can't roll over onto her back while she's out.. and keep an eye on her breathing.
If she's unresponsive and you notice her breathing becoming progressively more shallow, that's pretty much your cue to get the ambulance out.

Sending positive vibes your way

If your not going to call the ambulance you better stay awake and sober all night. I'd let her sleep for a couple hours wake her up make sure she's alert and let her go back to sleep and repeat a couple hours later.

You said how she's depressed. I would get medical help, and call an ambulance; but I have personally never taken benzos; but I do know that people have died from combining benzos and alcohol, and it was not always a lot of either that did this. Stay safe.

Benzos and alcohol are tricky, some people have huge tolerances and literally eat them like candy + drink a bottle of vodka on top. O others take very little and drink a beer and od. I'm probably a little late answering this since anything bad that was going to happen probably happened (or didn't happen). But in these situations if you don't want to call an ambulance then the best thing to do is turn the person on their side (so if they vomit they don't aspirate it) and stay with them to make sure they are still breathing (if they stop breathing well then you really do have to call an ambulance.

Hope your gf is fine and just slept it off.

Glad to hear everything was alright, try to educate her about mixing CNS depressants and how it's a two ingredient recipe for one's lungs to stop breathing and the body begins shutting down. It's extremely dangerous to mix CNS depressants, doing so kills millions of people every year, and more people every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.