• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How Much Does Heat Affect LSD and Will My Tabs Be Okay?

SaladDays

Greenlighter
Hey! I looked all over the site in search of some information on this topic but I still had some questions and also just wanted some opinions. I'm sorry if starting a new thread is a bad idea, still VERY new to this site! Be kind please!

Anyway, I was wondering how heat affects the LSD. I live in an EXTREMELY hot part of the USA. The other day was 103 and I was walking home with some goodies at the bottom of my book bag. It's always in tin foil and it made me wonder if that heats it up even more. I was sitting around thinking about it. It would be useless to do an expeirment because everytime I pick up my goodies it will be AT LEAST 90 degrees out and I will have to make the 15-20 minute walk home. Once home, I always put it in my dark little place (room temp inside it most likely between 70-76).

The question is: Is the 20 minute walk from a friends house to my house in 90-100 degree weather affecting my tabs? Each time I take it, I can sometimes sense lower or stronger affects but this is mostly likely from the dosage I get being a bit different each time. Has anyone ever had their stuff affected by heat or light? Thanks

The question is: Is the 20 minute walk from a friends house to my house in 90-100 degree weather affecting my tabs?

No, degradation doesn´t happen that fast.

Variability in the strength of your blotters is most certainly due to them containing different doses.

LSD's sensitivity to heat is greatly exaggerated a lot of the time, it seems. It can be kept at room temperature for months with only minor loss of potency, and it would take pretty extreme conditions to make it degrade significantly over the course of 20 minutes. Light and moisture are bigger concerns, but it really isn't as delicate in storage as many people seem to believe it is. Probably doesn't help that every dishonest dealer who's ever sold weak tabs has blamed degradation rather than admitting they were just laid with a low dose to begin with.

If you're really worried about it, you could get some of those cold packs that people use for picnics/lunchboxes - basically just a pouch of chemicals that stays cold longer than ice. Just make sure there are watertight layers between the goodies and the cold packs, since they will probably have condensed tap water on them coming out of the freezer and the chlorine in tap water will do far more harm to LSD than a brief exposure to the summer heat.

This article lead me to believe that LSD is quite heat resistant:

The Analysis of LSD (Chapter 3). The Analysis of Controlled Substances. Michael D. Cole. 2003. DOWNLOAD

The excess water was then removed from the blotter, which was subsequently placed on a KBr disc and heated to 120°C for 1 min.

And note the following temperature indications in regard to lysergic acid amide:

AFOAF has not noticed much from light degradation, but even in a light proof air tight container LSA only lasts a few years and starts going bad.

So don’t extract a giant amount and expect it to keep for many years.

One thing that AFOAF has noticed which damages LSA easily is boiling it in water. It’s ok for the first 5 minutes or so, but if you keep boiling it all gets destroyed.

27-01-2011 - 69Ron - http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=945930&postcount=8

Chop it up as fine as possible: a blender comes in handy. You may wish to chop then dry. A word of caution : try to avoid exposing your stuff to excessive heat. I dry in low heat oven. Heat and air destroy good compounds from upwards of 100 degs C. All this bit will depend on exactly what you are extracting.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction1.shtml

In the following thread, VisualDistortion posted a morning glory seed extraction method that involves "boiling acetone." He was questioned on this and these are his responses:

I know for a fact that that LSA extraction tek works

It seems like the ergoline alkoloids present in morning glories, Rivea Corymbosa, and Argyreia Nervosa seem to be resistant to heat. Or at least the important ones seem to be.

Circa 2009 - https://www.zoklet.net/bbs/showthread.php?t=14328&page=8

Stanley Krippner in 'The Ecstatic Adventure' reports 'crushing and boiling' morning glory seeds and he indicates that the morning glory seeds made him trip:

I opened my eyes and noticed that the carpet in my apartment was a luxurious shade of green interwoven with threads of vivid blue. It was almost like a small lake with ripples catching the gleams of the sun.

The Ecstatic Adventure. Metzner, Ralph (editor). 1968. Chapter 3: Of Hell and Heavenly Blue

Last edited:
Steve left his LSD in his car for about 3 days with the temperature ranging from 60 to 75 degrees. The car was parked in the sun for about 30 percent of the time. Should Steve expect any loss of potency???