• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How much can you really trust BL?

PinK~cloud

Bluelighter
Title explains itself :) how much can we really trust all these answers and facts people tell us here?

I know I personally believe a lot of it... Not sure if I should tho

=P

All of the information people express here can be easily and quickly confirmed or denied with a Google search. If you don't trust the information, search for confirmation elsewhere.

There would be no benefit in anyone lying to anyone else here.

We all have one common goal in mind (the safe use of substances (aka- Harm reduction)). The way I see things is that people are going to use drugs recreationally- they may as well be safe doing it!

I would say that the majority of stuff on Bluelight is trust worthy.

If someone told you that putting a loaded gun in your mouth and squeezing the trigger was a surefire recipe to have a great time, would you do it?

Generally incorrect information gets called pretty quickly here, and, generally, intelligent people double-check anything they're not sure about with another source. Combine that with a bit of common sense about the subject, question answered.

Title explains itself :) how much can we really trust all these answers and facts people tell us here?

I know I personally believe a lot of it... Not sure if I should tho

=P

The information on BL provided as fact, especially in regards to the pharmacology of substances, is provided by anonymous individuals with drug problems/who use substances. There is, for the most part, no way to verify that such information is accurate or anything beyond speculation. Unfortunately, if one were to attempt to fact check elsewhere online they would likely only have similar data volunteered by other drug users to compare, which does not solve the issue of legitimacy.

I believe that any 'information' available here should not be taken very seriously at all; it is not possible for persons volunteering such information to provide credentials or any convincing evidence as to the accuracy of the data presented. I see how biased many people here are and this further dissuades me from taking most of them seriously.

I find it odd and somewhat unsettling that people take for sooth what is laid out about unstudied drugs, especially in regards to mephedrone.

Still, I cannot avert my eyes for very long, as reading BL allows me to see the tools of addicts employed in full force; their ability to intellectualize and justify their actions is quite eerie to see in practice, and reminds me of my past.

Of course, this is only the opinion that I hold and I hope that people will take that into consideration.

Usually when bullshit is posted, a mod or a knowledgeable person will call it out.

It would be stupid to believe whatever you read anywhere.

I wouldn't say a simple google search would solve any issues either. It would be easy to find a lot of resources backing up any side of an argument.

I guess it really depends on what we are talking about to me. If its something that has been tested here over and over than I'll be more likely to believe it. If its any type of first time info, although I may find it interesting I certainly won't toute it as fact. Like a lot of other stuff if the information stands the test of time, to me that's often the best resource but, not always. I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Don't believe anything you read right off. Do a bit of reading to validate one's statement.

Yes, BL is just here to provide harm reduction related information. It should be considered a secondary source for supporting/disproving arguments to a question you have(and also a gathering place for like minded people). Primarily you should receive your drug/health related assessments from a doctor or professional health care personnel.

I tell you what, I'd believe a bluelighter without doing backup research sooner than I'd trust a doctor off the bat.

lol i think about this sometimes. like i cant believe i started plugging opiates cause i read about it online. and that i would take a whole bottle of robitussin cause i read online that it gets you high

i know its all true information and shit, but just the thought of it is funy to me

^*cough* you mean BL showed you how to do something you were already gonna do, safely*cough*;)

God just spoke to me and told me to post this gif

80s neon GIF by Bubble Punk

I think Bluelight is an invaluable harm reduction resource because it is often based on a combination of anecdotal stuff about drugs and then oftentimes follow up by substantiation by those truly in the know (those providing citations, credible research and stats etc). It has helped prevent harm to myself more than once, even just as a community, not just the info. You can always cross-check with sites like Erowid, PsychonautWiki or Pubmed. Critical thinking is a must and though I definitely wouldn't say everything on BL is gospel, I think people generally get things right (though it may take a bit of discussion to get there).