• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

How much break from alcohol is considered 'good' to reset things ?

neone

Bluelighter
Like it wasnt daily drinking but you can say on average it never passed the safety limit on most days . So i want a break from it and i want to know how long of a break from alcohol is considered good one like for example to revitalize the liver ?

A month ?

It's much more complicated than that. Not all liver damage is reversible.

BDD -> NsPD

Detox your liver for like 2 weeks taking liver detox tablets and lots and lots of water. exercise helps too. then go and see your doctor for a liver function test. the test can reveal alot about your liver enzymes and its health and ability to process things like a normal liver.

When you drink alcohol its not alcohol itself that makes you feel "drunk" its your bodies response to it, the booze goes into your stomach, liver takes it soon after (first pass metabolism) and says..."OH FUCK POISON, I NEED TO FIX THIS SITUATION" and so mr liver does somthing complicated and realeases enzymes into your blood which give you the feeling of being "drunk".

alcohol sucks.

Detox your liver for like 2 weeks taking liver detox tablets and lots and lots of water. exercise helps too. then go and see your doctor for a liver function test. the test can reveal alot about your liver enzymes and its health and ability to process things like a normal liver.

When you drink alcohol its not alcohol itself that makes you feel "drunk" its your bodies response to it, the booze goes into your stomach, liver takes it soon after (first pass metabolism) and says..."OH FUCK POISON, I NEED TO FIX THIS SITUATION" and so mr liver does somthing complicated and realeases enzymes into your blood which give you the feeling of being "drunk".

alcohol sucks.

If you have a real problem with your liver some dodgy detox tablet will only make things worse, go see your doctor for tests right away if you think you have a problem. Exercise and lots of water never hurt anyone though.

If you IV ethanol you will get drunk within 5 seconds, before the liver has had a chance to process or release anything.

If you have a real problem with your liver some dodgy detox tablet will only make things worse, go see your doctor for tests right away if you think you have a problem. Exercise and lots of water never hurt anyone though.

If you IV ethanol you will get drunk within 5 seconds, before the liver has had a chance to process or release anything.

Wait a min injecting ethanol has no side effects on the liver at all ????

My liver is good its just i want to give it a rest

Wait a min injecting ethanol has no side effects on the liver at all ????

My liver is good its just i want to give it a rest

That's not what I meant, eventually the IV alcohol will reach your liver and have the same effect on the organ as oral alcohol, but if the IV alcohol gets you drunk instantly then you know the alcohol causes the intoxication directly, not as a side effect of activating liver enzymes.

The original poster seems to be rationalizing ways to fix the loss of magic for chronic alcohol abuse, as well as deflecting. The bottom line is the magic never fully returns and you need to find another hobby.. I suggest reading.. Perhaps reading case reports on binge drinkers and their associated problems besides loss of euphoria...

The original poster seems to be rationalizing ways to fix the loss of magic for chronic alcohol abuse, as well as deflecting. The bottom line is the magic never fully returns and you need to find another hobby.. I suggest reading.. Perhaps reading case reports on binge drinkers and their associated problems besides loss of euphoria...

First alcohol never lost its magic for me

second please dont make assumptions about others based on nothing.