• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much alcohol with klonopin?

Oneironaut123

Greenlighter
Hi,
I'm prescribed klonopin PRN (0.5-1.0mg) for panic attacks. I usually only take 0.5mg once or twice a month for its intended purposes and haven't developed a tolerance to it.
I have a good stash of klonopin (40mg) and have been experimenting mixing it with alcohol because I like how it feels. I've experimented with a variety of doses of klonopin (0.5 to 5.0mg) with alcohol, but have always been unsure how much alcohol I could drink with it. I took 5mg followed by a few shots of vodka the other night and all that happened was that I slept for a long time. What's the maximum you think I could drink before it would become lethal? I don't regularly drink that much, maybe 2 beers a month. I'm pretty overweight. I would probably do it a few hours after eating dinner.

Also, do you guys know of any medicines that prevent you from throwing up? Anti-emetics? I heard that Dramamine and other seasickness meds don't help for preventing vomiting due to overdose.

Thanks!

Basically an identical question to what I posted the other day. Just go down the page to the one about CNS Depression

We really can't condone this. You're not really just "experimenting" with drugs at this point. You're really playing with your life and I don't want outsiders to get the idea that we think this is normal or acceptable behavior. We all do dangerous things, sometimes out of necessity, but there's really no excuse for deliberately setting out to take potentially lethal dosages of medication. Through Harm Reduction philosophy, we can only try to reduce the harm people cause to themselves through drug use, but what you're doing here pretty much violates those principles.

For anyone reading, this doesn't reflect the Harm Reduction philosophy we try to stick to. There's nothing safe about it and there's no way to truly make massive Benzodiazepine/Alcohol intake safe. You're correct that most over the counter antiemetics won't do anything to prevent aspiration of vomit if that's what you're asking. Ondansetron (Zofran) is the most effective antiemetic I've ever used.

I really encourage you to stop doing these sorts of things. You can still have fun OP, but you don't have to risk your life so blatantly to do it :(.

I wouldnt try to find your limits on this combination but, as a general rule that i use for myself I usually balance about 1mg of kpens to about 1-2 drinks at the most. So if you have 3 kpens and take 3 shots you willbe fuuuucked up, but be VERY careful this combination is very lethal don't take anyones word for dosages because everybody has different threshholds.

One study I read for alcohol withdrawal protocol used 50% of daily alcohol intake plus 2 mg ativan every 12 hrs. This equates to about 1 mg of kpin, so if mixing you'd want to consider 1 drink to be at least 2 and probably more like 4. Of course this combo is never safe and your question about the most you could do would be purely speculative. I would say 5 mg of kpin plus a few shots of vodka puts you in danger mainly from doing god knows what during a blackout but also puts you at some risk of dying in your sleep.

^You guys have some good information. Unfortunately, the guy basically said that he's attempting to test the physical limits of his nervous system, not take the appropriate amount of medication for a good time. No judgement.

At most I've taken 1mg of clonazapam a few hours before drinking (about 10-12) drinks a few times, and .5mg quite a few. The main thing I noticed is you will black out after about 6 beers and not remember a thing a you from that point on. I've woken up the next day and with posts on facebook, laundry done, dishes cleaned, etc with no memory of ever doing it.

As a harm reduction forum it would not be smart for anybody to entertain your idea that this is a good idea and you can live through it. mixing Benzos and alcohol.. not good. LD50 of Xanax is in the hundreds of mgs I beleive (Someone will know. ) honestly somewhat hard from an OD with benzodiazapines alone. ( it is very easy to take some.. blackout and wake up in jail or a hospital room) drink enough alcohol and I'm sure it wouldn't take many Benzos to put you under ground. Vice versa.

Edit: basically what I'm saying is the affects are so close... just do one or the other.

The fact youd even consider asking the maximum amount you can drink without dying immediately screams more than mild occasional anxiety. I highly recommend you go to therapy if you have insurance it may be the same price as that bottle of booze.

Btw every time I tried benzos with more the one drink I couldnt even tell you what happened.

Dont do it under any circumstance, blacking out is very possible