View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How much acid/shrooms is too much???

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
i was wondering what happens if you take a really large amount of acid or shrooms at once!!! like if you just kept taking acid/shrooms and taking acid/shrooms and taking acid/shrooms lol because i heard that its not really that harmful to your body and if thats true then what happens??? can you die??? or will it just do some really messed up things to your brain??? can psychedelics cause depression???

When you take too much you usually call the police for "help" and when they arrive you set off running down the street naked save for one sock with the patrol car hot on your heels. You are then tasared and taken to hospital where you believe you are a glass of orange juice for the next 45 hours terrified of rolling over incase you "spill".

Do NOT take too much.

Psychedelics don't (pharmacologically) tend to cause depression, on the contrary... however some psychedelic experiences can initiate or exacerbate depressive episodes for example when they are very confronting and one is unable to work through it.

Taking too much LSD or mushrooms is an extremely bad idea, there are problems that can come from doing that that can be every bit as bad as organic issues with the brain, a big one being having a traumatic experience.
If you didn't know this already, taking psychedelics is not like putting on a movie so that you can remove yourself from anything happening... it is much more involving than that and it can be very confusing and psychologically difficult to deal with, if you are not careful and even sometimes when you are.

A lot of psychedelics do not seem to be physically harmful in reasonable dosages and even quite a bit above that, but some do show toxicity issues especially from secondary action that doesn't really have anything to do with the psychedelic action they have in the brain. It is very hard to get lasting damage that is purely physical from mushrooms or LSD, but there can certainly be complications. Most of all, overdoses are good at causing phobia or anxiety / fear disorder like phenomenology (I know this from experience and I didn't even take an overdose, I was just overburdened by very umcomfortable things happening), raising more philosophical questions than you can elucidate for yourself in the next several years, if not trigger underlying mental issues.

Mild ODs / difficult trips are already something to not underestimate but they can be a reasonable part of tripping habits. But trust me, very high dose incidents can ruin more things than you can imagine.

We try to do our best on this forum to help people avoid making such mistakes, so don't take this lightly.

i was wondering what happens if you take a really large amount of acid or shrooms at once!!!
You will have an extremely intense psychedelic experience, probably dissociating from reality. You might scream, run into traffic, take off your clothes, punch a wall, punch a person, etc.

can you die???
Yes. (Think about it.)

or will it just do some really messed up things to your brain???
Quite possibly. Some people who have experienced having a "messed up brain" claim that it's worse than death.

can psychedelics cause depression???
This is a tricky question. It's not common but it's certainly not impossible, especially if taking a large dose causes you to do something you regret.

Yes. (Think about it.)

You'd be especially unlucky to both run down the street with your underpants on your head and then get hit by a truck tho.

Some people who have experienced having a "messed up brain" claim that it's worse than death.

I don't believe LSD can't "mess up your brain" clock.

How much is too much?
Running down the street with underwear on my head sounds like a decent dose...definitely not too much.

My friend experienced shrooms for his first time last year. We all soaked 2 grams of very good shrooms in lemon juice for a half hour. He ended up puking right after getting it all down. We thought he had wasted the shrooms by throwing up but that was not correct. He ended up taking another 2 grams orally. A half hour into it he was acting different. I didn't think anything of it, becuse shrroms make u act very differently. But another hour into it is when things went bad. My friend started talking to himself, and just started saying random stuff. He looked like a crazy person. The trip ended up lasting around 7 hours for him which is very unlikely long for shrooms. The next morning he was real shaken up and told us it was the worst time he's ever had. he said when it started kicking in that every step he took set off a bell in his head that rang every step. It sounded just awful. He then went on to tell us that he just blacked out after that and has no idea what happened. To this day the kid won't touch shrooms again and has stopped smoking marijuana. Although they did not effect him physically his mind was pretty messed up for a couple of days after. Psychedelics effect everyone differently. Sometimes all you need is some good shit and even a small dosage can set you off the wall.

How much mushrooms is too much?

When you can't control the music playlist through your iPad because multi coloured flourescent neon worms are floating up from it and getting in the way of keypresses. At this point, all you can do is curl up into a ball on the sofa, close your eyes and watch rainbows being born.

That is too much (or just about right).

Don't really know. I tend not to move when I'm tripping, so being curled up into a ball isn't all that much different from sitting up cross legged to me. Sometimes when tripping I'll wish that I hadn't taken anything; does this count as too much? But I've never actually wished I'd taken less. I suppose too much (for me) is when I start to do stupid things. And that includes all amounts taken.

Depression? No, I feel dull and grey when not tripping.

Tom

Visual artifacts, lessers to those acutely experienced during peak intoxication, may simply be normal (not previously noticed) visual phenomena that one falsely attributes to the drug; others are rarely explained as natural (non-psychedelic) phenomena. These diminish, perhaps over the course of several years; likewise, non-visual sensations can be associated with tripping, long afterward.

I would say this is fairly common and may become worrisome reminders (neurosis) following a bad trip.

Other things not really explained can occur afterwards, such as brain zaps, HPPD, and prolonged psychosis.

HPPD is when visual acuity is disrupted to a degree causing a disability; these are described as visual snow or intrusions of color in the field of vision. The risk of HPPD does not seem dose-dependent. Flashbacks have been subjugated as HPPD.

The risk of real psychosis, where you get delusions or experience hallucinations, increases from mixing drugs, e.g. marijuana, or taking higher psychedelic doses.

Brain zaps, to my estimation, are like confused electrical impulses in the brain that produce a mild seizure.