• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How many milligrams is an od of clonazepam?

Blackenthesun37

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been taking 4mg, and have built up a tolerance. I just want to make sure I don't overdose. Can I take 5mg or is that too much?

It could. 5mg can cause you to blackout and eat all of them along with doing other stupid shit. You may think it's a good idea to drive in your state which could kill you.

You cannot put an exact number on how much is an overdose to be honest. Benzos have been consumed in huge quantities and people lived to tell about it but as stated above, blackout occurs at lower doses in some and they themselves can be horribly dangerous.

Combining your benzos with alcohol, opioids or something would also be a very bad idea, with you more likely to have issues like OD. If you're tolerant to 4mg then it's unlikely 5mg would be a big problem though.

There is really no established lethal dose of clonazepam alone. However, mix the benzo with opiates or alcohol, as was previously mentioned, and it's a whole different ball game. If you are unfamiliar with your limits with either/or, or are just plain reckless, it can be lights out -- for good.

I had a very close call with a combo of methadone and diazepam about 13 years ago, and an even closer call with alcohol and diazepam about 6 years ago. The latter experience landed me in ICU with a ventilator keeping me alive for several days. I was noticeably out of it for a few weeks after waking up. Whether or not I have permanent damage is hard to say.

Moral of the story: benzos alone, nearly impossible to OD on, but can cause terrifying blackouts. Benzos mixed with opiates or alcohol, a great way to meet your maker if you're not careful.