• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many Hydrocodone ( Norco ) should I take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only closed the other thread because it was the third time the OP had asked the same question. Cross-posting across multiple forums and/or asking the same question over and over is prohibited by the posting guidelines.

The other day i took 25 mg ( 5 X 5 / 325 mg) of Hydrocodone orally. That was 9 days ago. It kicked in nicely and I felt a rush with a very happy warm and cozy feeling. Was nodding at times. Sitting on the couch watching a movie. Worked well. Also did this about 4 hours after dinner and had nothing to eat since dinner. Which is normal for me since I have dinner at 6 then dont eat again till the next morning. No tolerance.

5 days after that I took 12 mg of Dilaudid orally. I took 8 mg and then an hour and 20 minutes later took the other 4 mg. No effect at all. Very itchy thats about it. I know about the low BA with hydromorphone. The next day after taking the dilaudid, I took 3 X 7.5 / 325 Norco making the dose 22.5 mg total orally. It didnt do much at all. Little bit of a buzz but nowhere near anything like the 25 mg I took the first time. That was 2 days ago.

Tonight I would like to take 30 mg Hydrocodone orally. 4 X 7.5 / 325 making the dose 30 mg Norco in total. Think I will feel good like the first time?

Also the 5 mg ones where white. These 7.5 mg ones are yellow. Does that make any difference at all?

Thanks to all who answer.

Hey man, in response to the new thread that got closed... 30mg now should get you high yeah. Hydrocodone orally is one of the most euphoric opiates in my opinion (which is often overlooked by IV users who forget what it's like), so don't start messing with the strong ones like hydromorphone. They will just raise your tolerance and not get you as euphorically high.

Thanks man. You guys recommend breaking them in half and swallowing them like that or just taking all 4 of them whole?
Im not necessarily looking for the quickest hitting high, but rather the longegevity of the high

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking em in half increases surface area, it's not a bad idea.. I used to chew them but don't do that if you have a touchy gag reflex. That increases peak high and lessens duration slightly. Eating whole gives the longest experience.

Tonight I would like to take 30 mg Hydrocodone orally. 4 X 7.5 / 325 making the dose 30 mg Norco in total. Think I will feel good like the first time?

Also the 5 mg ones where white. These 7.5 mg ones are yellow. Does that make any difference at all?

Thanks to all who answer.

as for chasing that first high? i think we ALL wish we could get that FIRST high again :\.
and the color shouldnt make any difference. just a different manufacturer probably.

^ Yep, color / manufacturer usually makes very little difference. You can chase the first high forever, but it's something you'll never catch. Just be careful if you increase your doses in an attempt to do this that the amount of APAP you intake doesn't exceed the 3000mg - 4000mg range in a 24 hour period.

At that point very dangerous liver toxicity becomes an issue, and a cold water extraction is highly advised.

I'm pretty sure that the official Tylenol website says that 4,000 mg in a 24 hour period will not cause liver damage.

cant figure out how to use this website! Oral surgeon gave me norco. The ingredients are just like vicodin, but have biatrate in it. Is this so that you cannot get high on it? I told him i was in methadone maitenance for addiction, and he gave me norco. What is this stuff?

Hydrocodone bitartarate is the stuff you always get. It's a type of salt. It's just not always on the bottle. Hydrocodone itself isn't really soluble but add the bitartarate and it makes it easy for your body to absorb.

RCMILL/OP- If you are still following your post...I would just like to chime in. Considering that you don't have an opiate tolerance (assuming this is your first time), I would recommend not taking such high doses, unless of course you don't feel anything say off a 10/235 Norco. I would consider 25 mg a rather large dose for someone who is opiate naiive.
Like many North Americans, I had my first opiate experience with Hydrocodone...and for many years it only took 7.5 - 10 mg to get me feeling good....for a strong nod I would say 15 mg would do it back then. I remember when I was about 16 a friend of mine gave me 50 Norco 10's and those lasted me for like a month. I'd pop one every few days and get just as high as I did the first time! What great memories!

Anyways, for the sake of your future tolerance and your wallet...find the dose that works for you and stick with it, try not to increase your dosage if you can avoid it. Also as you probably know, space your doses out as much as possible...try not to use every day for extended periods. I'm just saying all this cause you seem new to opioids and I don't want to see your tolerance going...means ther'll be less hydrocodone out there for more efficient livers like my own! (just kidding).

Dude don't listen to the people that take you to take crazy amounts they are just trying to sound cool like the guys that say they take 120 mg of hydrocodone that's bullshit. If you have a low tolerance 7.5 will make you feel great and if you want to go to 10 if you can and if you want to nod off or get really messed up take 15 but do not go higher than that you can overdose due to the amount of Tylenol in the medicine . Be carful dude I'm a nurse I try to help on these sites and tell people a safe amount of medicine to take I don't condone abusing them but if you are you need to know what you're doing !! Let me know if you have any questions brother

Dude don't listen to the people that take you to take crazy amounts they are just trying to sound cool like the guys that say they take 120 mg of hydrocodone that's bullshit. If you have a low tolerance 7.5 will make you feel great and if you want to go to 10 if you can and if you want to nod off or get really messed up take 15 but do not go higher than that you can overdose due to the amount of Tylenol in the medicine . Be carful dude I'm a nurse I try to help on these sites and tell people a safe amount of medicine to take I don't condone abusing them but if you are you need to know what you're doing !! Let me know if you have any questions brother

This is an old thread from 2 years ago.

Yes people easily take amounts of 120mg+. I took around 160mg a few weeks ago and it wasn't even that strong of a buzz. It's called a tolerance.

Im planing on taking 10 10mlg hydrocodones in a few days any thoughts will this make me super hi or super sick

I know this is old, but my bearded dragon has taken 30 mg hydrocodone today. He says it's a nice calming buzz.

45 is the highest I've experienced

That's way too much for a lizard, theyre like 3 pounds right? Hope he dont die

I know this is old, but my bearded dragon has taken 30 mg hydrocodone today. He says it's a nice calming buzz.
If you have a question, it's recommended to start a thread as opposed to bumping an old one. Please speak in the first person, as Bluelight does not allow the use of swim or talk of medicating animals. See the links below. Thanks.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/441015-BDD-Guidelines

http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php/Bluelight_User_Agreement_(BLUA)

Status
Not open for further replies.