• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many here get benefits with Focalin?hi

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
This isn't about getting high. My friend gave me like twenty cuz they weren't using them. It's smooth. Kinda makes me tired. It's the XR. My doc next month after my adderall is up is prescribing Vyvanse but he said something else which I think was Ritalin LA if I need it at night. Anyways I'm just needing yalls opinions. I know I shouldn't be doing things contrary to what my PDOC wants but I'm quite impressed. It's almost better then the Adderall cuz you don't have a 2 hour rush then come down. I am taking 20mg of Adderall twice daily but it's practically burnt out.

Hey buddy!

I'm going to move this to a different sub-forum if you don't mind. The HR forums are specifically for people who have questions regarding a potential imminent danger from their drug use. For questions like this, I feel Reddit is a goldmine.

I'm not gonna weigh you down too much with information. Amphetamine is a racemic compound. These two halves are known as Levo-Amphetamine and Dextro-Amphetamine. Adderall is a patented drug containing a mixture of both Levo and Dextro isomers. The Dextroamphetamine is what produces 99% of the effects desired by users, whether addicts or students. Levoamphetamine is more a stimulant of the peripheral nervous system, similar to something like Caffeine. Levo-Meth-Amphetamine is in fact, found in some Vapor Inhalers and is considered basically unabusable.

Lisdexamphetamine (Vyvanse) is converted in vivo to Dextroamphetamine, lacking any of the left-hand isomer. This is desirable for most, as Levoamphetamine only contributes to side-effects without any of the sought-after benefits. I find the difference between Racemic Amphetamine and Dextroamphetamine to be noticeable different, with less of that "edge".

As far as the Methylphenidate (Ritalin; Concerta) is concerned: Methylphenidate is in a class of central nervous system very similar to Amphetamine. It is a weaker central nervous system stimulant. Methylphenidate thus will cause much more peripheral nervous system stimulation, think palpitations, sweating, anxiety etc. There are not many people that, if given the option would choose Methylphenidate over Amphetamine.

In short, Methylphenidate is a weaker stimulant. To get the same effect you get from Amphetamine, you would likely need a higher dosage and that higher dosage will likely produce those negative side-effects. Let us know if you have any questions.

I didn't like Focalin, it felt more norepeinphrinergic than Ritalin, a suspicion which is confirmed by the affinity data, for whatever reason. I also prefer dexamphetamine over methylphenidate even tho I get more rebound from amphetamines. But you seem to tolerate it, so go for it. Some people benefit more from amphetamines and some from phenidates.

Oh in injunction with my Vyvanse He's giving Astarsa. He wants me to have a life. A life that isn't full of suffering. I'm telling yall I was so close of letting go. Life was beyond unbearable. I was saying death would be better then this. Those who are Christians go straight into the Father's Arms cuz He knows they where suffering. Can't stand Christians who tell loved one that they went to Hell. Oh great you will heap a heavy weight in them and then tell them not to be discouraged. I cannot pharisaical Christians.

Sponsored
azstarys-pro.com
Info on a Treatment Option - Visit the HCP Website
Hey, I just read this. I hope you're doing better than thar was written.
I take Azstarys for ADD and EDS, I have to switch it up every few months because I need the amphetamine effects or I'll sleep for microseconds.
I'm responding to it pretty well. Concerta used to give me a headache, but this has been ok so far.
As my father always said, "this too, shall pass". .. hope it did.

d-threo-methylphenidate (Focalin)
d/l-threo-methylphenidate (Ritalin)

taking Ritalin 40mg IR with Ethanol 3.oz (2-3 cocktails) increases d-MPH (Focalin) by 40% significantly enhancing the subjective pleasurable/reinforcing/euphoric effects in all study participants

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) is an Extremely Euphoric dopaminergic stimulant. An “Inverse Agonist” strikingly similar to Cocaine in its MOA

Ritalin DAT>NET (3-4 times increase in DAT over NET)
Cocaine DAT>SERT>NET

Ritalin is actually nearly 2X more potent than Cocaine at inhibiting the DAT (ED-50) effective dose to inhibit 50% of Dopamine Transporters DAT which is required to induce Euphoria. Damn, Ritalin was/is Sooooo freaking pleasurable and oral Oxycodone & oral Methylphenidate (Ritalin) were the only 2 drugs to ever give me true powerful Euphoria

100% pure dopaminergic / endorphins (Opioid) euphoric bliss, comfort, pleasure, significant happiness, content, confident, warm & cozy, pleasure & reward centre being finger f@cked inside my CNS