• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How many fly agaric caps?

You need to eat them. Save your piss and drink that. If I remember correctly your body breaks the "drugs?" Down to psychedelics and excrete them out through urine. Then they become active.
Correct me if I'm thinking something else

You need to eat them. Save your piss and drink that. If I remember correctly your body breaks the "drugs?" Down to psychedelics and excrete them out through urine. Then they become active.
Correct me if I'm thinking something else

You're not wrong. Traditionally the caps are eaten, then once you pee you chug the urine and you're in space.

Be very careful though, Amanita Muscaria has shown a wide array of effects. Anywhere from interesting and (depending on the person) enjoyable, controllable deliriant trip to full on zombie mode for up to 3 days.

You don't need to drink your pee. Heat converts the ibotenic acid to muscimol. The problem is, I've never seen straightforward instructions for how hot and how long, so it's a guessing game right now. I usually read about people taking 1-3 caps.

It's not like the caps are inactive unless you piss them out. The conversion of ibotenic acid to muscimol would happen in the body and make you trip anyway, even on the "first pass"... and countless instances of people consuming dried caps and getting effects suggest otherwise.

Start with one cap but don't drink all of the tea at once! The problem is there's no good way to tell how strong it is until you try it... so you want to err on the side of caution and drink slowly.

Not sure I am ready for the whole drinking my piss yet 8(

I think I will chuck a couple in with 4 cups of water, its for two of us, will let you know how we get on...

They kind of remind me of Mario. Anyway there is no way I'm drinking my piss that's just gross :(

Don’t eat them directly or you may feel sick as hell! Spring and summer agarics have dangerous amounts of Ibotenic acid and Muscimol. Just make a tea out of them and drink it very carefully over a period of time. I say start with one or two medium caps and wait for at least an hour, then increase your dosage if you want.

Have a good trip. Its so magical! ;)

Normally when mushrooms are dried over heat in an oven it is at the lowest oven setting, I did this with gourmet mushrooms I found in the woods in France about a week ago and over the course of an evening so several hours... it made the mushrooms pretty dry. Instructions said about 12 hours. The oven setting I used was 50 degrees Centigrade, the oven lid was opened slightly to allow evolved water vapor to escape.
But, no I'm not sure if this is appropriate for Amanita Muscaria... drying over heat is supposed to catalyze enzymatic decarboxylation of ibotenic acid, so I would think you need to stay well under 100 degrees C to avoid denaturation of the decarboxylase enzymes.

I once ate 5 dried caps and did not feel much besides slight sedation. As far as I recall it is better to harvest them in September/October; if picked "offseason", they offer little in psychedelic department. If anything, those mushrooms are deliciously tasty!

If/ when you do sample the fly agarics, I'd love to hear your experience. I've been interested in them for a while.

So, the results.....

We took two large caps. Put them in the oven on a low heat with door slightly open. I kept checking them, when they felt dry, kinda like brittle, (about 25mins) I took them out crushed them and put them on a low heat in five cups of water for 45 mins. The water went brown and it smelt of bovril!

We we had one cup each, waited 1.5 hours, not much, a slight feeling maybe. So we shared the rest of the water. Another 2 hours and nothing. Disappointing.

Sorry to hear that, if you have more or are getting more to proceed... go easy with steady and slow increments.

The best way to approach this whole thing in my opinion would be to get a nice quantity extra so that you have plenty of fly agarics, cut them in slices (I didn't mention that before but it maximizes surface area for drying everything about equally), dry them until cracker dry, don't test brittle parts but the most chunky meaty parts you see. If done, it should be possible to grind them well. When you grind them you mix them thoroughly, well continue mixing everything a little extra at the end there. Ideally use a machine to grind into powder, but otherwise try to come close to that.

Now the potency of your whole batch should be relatively even (= called homogenous), this makes it a lot safer to work up your dose level until reaching desired effects. Mushrooms are of course products of nature, and every specimen is different, and so they can vary in potency even if they grew side by side.
If you have not made your batch homogenous, you have that variability to take into account.
There may be other factors that could affect intensity of your results, I'm not sure which but possibly what / how much you ate before could be one of those factors.

So that is why I said go easy, other caps may be more potent ;)