• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many days until my dopamine refills from doing meth

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
say i did meth and stayed up all night drawing

how many days should i rest and be sober, before i do it again

i dont wanna end up doing it the day after thinking im "high on meth" when in reality theres no dopamine left, and its just a stimulus high

In my experience dopamine depletion isn’t so much of an issue after a single night’s use. But there is a law of diminishing returns. If you get on it again the next night you’ll get close but not quite to where you were but each additional night you’ll get less and less. Each full night’s sleep tops things up a bit. The more often and the more intensely you have used in your life, the faster you will deplete with each additional use. The first thing you lose is the euphoria but that’s unlikely off of one night unless you have a history and hit it seriously hard.

Every single person is different. I seem to be able to thoroughly deplete myself with a big binge over a few days now and require about a week of abstinence before I can really get a good high (though no euphoria at all anymore unless I take literally months off).

From general harm reduction perspective and to avoid meth getting its hooks into you too much, I’d recommend you wait at least a week before having another go. Not so much for dopamine but more avoiding becoming a more regular user.

In my experience dopamine depletion isn’t so much of an issue after a single night’s use. But there is a law of diminishing returns. If you get on it again the next night you’ll get close but not quite to where you were but each additional night you’ll get less and less. Each full night’s sleep tops things up a bit. The more often and the more intensely you have used in your life, the faster you will deplete with each additional use. The first thing you lose is the euphoria but that’s unlikely off of one night unless you have a history and hit it seriously hard.

Every single person is different. I seem to be able to thoroughly deplete myself with a big binge over a few days now and require about a week of abstinence before I can really get a good high (though no euphoria at all anymore unless I take literally months off).

From general harm reduction perspective and to avoid meth getting its hooks into you too much, I’d recommend you wait at least a week before having another go. Not so much for dopamine but more avoiding becoming a more regular user.

ok thanks ill wait it out about a week

thanks for the advice atelier3

There's definitely more Dopamine to burn Hugs. The comedown is pretty severe IMO and this is often the introduction into multi-day phases of use and addiction.

I've been seeing your posts recently and the picture I'm getting is not that of a one-off user but of someone beginning to dabble in chronic usage. I definitely cant tell you an exact timeline, but I assume that the "return to normal" of your nervous system is probably long after you feel you have.

I'm not a scientist, please, please someone correct me. I wouldn't doubt it is 4 days to 90% recovery and who knows on the last 10%. I really believe this is a major reinforcing factor for addiction and dependence. I think using more than twice a week is setting one's self up for trouble, as is using specifically to abate comedown symptoms. This is all opinion.

I support that decision. :) We have people that can help you with that goal.

meth is so brutal. Almost everyone who uses it says they never come down, and that's due to immediately using to alleviate withdrawal, which is about once a week.

NOW IF you have a mood disorder like bi polar or straight depression, the aftereffects of meth can be felt for months, and basically make the drug no fun to use, unless you are using it non stop as a maintenance medicine for a much worse addiction like alcoholism. And even that is fraught with peril and is sure to destroy you. If you are dead-set on using stimulants for art inspiration or sex sessions, better just pop an adderall and let the hobby be the focus. Maybe two cups of coffee.

Last edited: