• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth How many days of use until meth has no effect?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
If I dose 50mg today after using no stims for a week or two I'll feel it real good. But redosing the same day or the next day or two does almost nothing. Only leads to insomnia and feeling mentally destabilized if I push the dose to try to get an effect. Is this normal for tolerance to rapidly develop or that something that varies from person to person? I can't understand people using everyday or going on binges and it still working. It seems impossible to do this for me and quickly becomes a waste of money. At least this restricts my use to occasional moderate doses.

Yeah, that's known as tachyphylaxis, acute tolerance and happens with many psychoactive substances.

I don't know if it's possible to give an exact amount or even estimate of days meth will stay active, this is very different between individuals. As you might know, people with ADHD get stims prescribed and some have to fight with the same problematics recreative users face while for others the drugs stay effective for months or years.

When I was prescribed methylphenidate or d-amphetamine for (legitimate) AD(H)D, and if I used them alone, then after a week at max the efficacy was down to 1/2 or so, and after maybe 3 weeks the effects as well as side effects were almost diminished. Now if I took a NMDA receptor antagonist (dissociative) like DXM or memantine together with the stimulant, its efficacy was preserved for much longer. With DXM (100-200mg/d) and methylphenidate (18mg) I had to stop after roughly 3 months because of overstimulation and chest pains but no diminished efficacy of the MPH at all. Memantine is much lighter on the body and mind, medically prescribe able and can be ordered from online pharmacies. DXM is available OTC and might be interesting if you're somebody who doesn't mind a nice trip. The combination was quite empathogenic and warm due to DXM's serotonergic effects.

As a side note, DXM + meth aren't safe to take together because both are serotonergic and might thus induce serotonin syndrome if you do too much, too fast or are susceptible to it. I think that it's exceedingly rare when you limit yourself to the lowest dose possible/necessary of both agents and specially if you have pre-existing tolerance but it is relevant to taper up instead of just guessing a dose and taking it.

I myself got warning symptoms of beginning serotonin syndrome when I did DXM on top of fluoxetine but never with stims or venlafaxine. I'd say SSRIs are more dangerous than meth. It might be worse for the body to take ever increasing doses of meth than some DXM.

Finally I got an explanation for this. I took 10mg dexedrine yesterday and it worked good. Today I took a 54mg ritalin and it did next to nothing. Later I smoked 20mg good quality shard and nothing. Sucks my tolerance goes up insanely high and quickly.

Yeah, that's known as tachyphylaxis, acute tolerance and happens with many psychoactive substances.

I don't know if it's possible to give an exact amount or even estimate of days meth will stay active, this is very different between individuals. As you might know, people with ADHD get stims prescribed and some have to fight with the same problematics recreative users face while for others the drugs stay effective for months or years.

When I was prescribed methylphenidate or d-amphetamine for (legitimate) AD(H)D, and if I used them alone, then after a week at max the efficacy was down to 1/2 or so, and after maybe 3 weeks the effects as well as side effects were almost diminished. Now if I took a NMDA receptor antagonist (dissociative) like DXM or memantine together with the stimulant, its efficacy was preserved for much longer. With DXM (100-200mg/d) and methylphenidate (18mg) I had to stop after roughly 3 months because of overstimulation and chest pains but no diminished efficacy of the MPH at all. Memantine is much lighter on the body and mind, medically prescribe able and can be ordered from online pharmacies. DXM is available OTC and might be interesting if you're somebody who doesn't mind a nice trip. The combination was quite empathogenic and warm due to DXM's serotonergic effects.

As a side note, DXM + meth aren't safe to take together because both are serotonergic and might thus induce serotonin syndrome if you do too much, too fast or are susceptible to it. I think that it's exceedingly rare when you limit yourself to the lowest dose possible/necessary of both agents and specially if you have pre-existing tolerance but it is relevant to taper up instead of just guessing a dose and taking it.

I myself got warning symptoms of beginning serotonin syndrome when I did DXM on top of fluoxetine but never with stims or venlafaxine. I'd say SSRIs are more dangerous than meth. It might be worse for the body to take ever increasing doses of meth than some DXM.
Does memantine work better than dxm? Do I take it at the same time or some time before the stimulant?

Does memantine work better than dxm? Do I take it at the same time or some time before the stimulant?
I didn't really test a stim with memantine yet but if you can get it, it might be superior (it comes with a very clean headspace, some even call it a nootropic, and leaves serotonin alone). DXM is pretty promiscuous and comes with a slight trip - I got something almost MDMA-esque when I was younger but with age this seems to change and for some it is even dysphoric.

I took the DXM + methylphenidate together in the morning and sometimes redosed some DXM over the day if I wanted more trippiness. Both dissociatives have fairly long half lifes, so they can be taken once in the morning or together with the stim, but it might be beneficial to take the stim a bit later. There's still much to research about this interaction, imo does it deserve more attention from neurologists/psychiatrists who prescribe stimulants.

I didn't really test a stim with memantine yet but if you can get it, it might be superior (it comes with a very clean headspace, some even call it a nootropic, and leaves serotonin alone). DXM is pretty promiscuous and comes with a slight trip - I got something almost MDMA-esque when I was younger but with age this seems to change and for some it is even dysphoric.

I took the DXM + methylphenidate together in the morning and sometimes redosed some DXM over the day if I wanted more trippiness. Both dissociatives have fairly long half lifes, so they can be taken once in the morning or together with the stim, but it might be beneficial to take the stim a bit later. There's still much to research about this interaction, imo does it deserve more attention from neurologists/psychiatrists who prescribe stimulants.
Happy birth day man!👍🎤🎸🎺🎻🪕🎺🍀Wish u all the best&be well&happy as possible!

Yeah, this is a typical tolerance. Like pretty much anything, to much of something is not good.

People using for a week in a row are just as you say, staying awake and get mentally unstable.

It is possible to up the dosage on Day 1 to 200mg and have an amazing time, sort of a mini-binge. But the Day 2 the dosing needs to end.

^ 200mg would probably have me in a mental ward or hospital. One time 80mg smoked throughout the day had me almost tripping out the next day. Shaking, confusion, panic.

That’s good that your tolerance is low. After several years of this once a month habit, I just don’t have time for it anymore, Also I’m bored of the cycle. Use - Have an Amazing Time - Exhaustion - Recovery - Regained Energy - Use.

It depends, on the individual and their mindset as and body, every one is different.

But if you are a addict, or daily user then it is possible for up to 3 days at most to get high again from redosing. If you keep going to almost a week with no sleep then you will just be like a zombie or psychosis may kick in. Anything past three days theres no point in getting up again you'll just stay the same high.

Just stick to the 2 day rule i use to do, stay awake two days max, after the first day or night you can redose and get a nice high again but it may last and make you stay up to 3 days. If youre a weekly user or w.e then it would be nice to just stop smoking on for example day 2, 8 hrs of not touching the pipe. Then you can come down and sleep. Having a sleeping pill and benzo will help a lot. Its like its meant for it.

S
That’s good that your tolerance is low. After several years of this once a month habit, I just don’t have time for it anymore, Also I’m bored of the cycle. Use - Have an Amazing Time - Exhaustion - Recovery - Regained Energy - Use.
Same, i stopped using a few years ago, started smoking again after quitting for a a year and smoked every weekend.. friday and sleep sunday night. Wake up tired and weird, but thats not it, it takes the next day til its all outta your system, and when you sleep the next day, itll be a 12+ hr sleep to recover your bodys abuse by it. And by the time you fee back to normal and health its already wednseday or thursday.. like you said, rinse and repeat. . .