• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How many days in a row of dexedrine?

StudyBuddy

Greenlighter
Its finals season and I've been going crazy on the dexedrine for studying. In the last 3 weeks I've probably taken atleast sixteen 15mg pills of dexedrine XR. I try taking a rest day in between every now and then to give my brain a break. Is this too much? And how many days in a row is too much before I should take a break?

The real problem with using stimulants the way you are is you are going to become dependent on their function to study. This is going to happen way sooner then any other negative effect from them and I wouldnt be surprised if every time you need to study you think about Dexedrine. Maybe you dont get it maybe you do but you will eventually get to the point where you feel like you should get it and at that point even if you dont notice it your study habits will suffer. You really should use them once or twice during mid terms and finals and study sober or just with coffee for all other times. I get it finals are coming up I have been there (double majored in chemistry and psychology) believe me i was wacked out on stimulants the day before and the day of the exams but not the weeks coming to it but i was always studying as my assignments could be very demanding and in the digital age my professors would make homework do on like 4pm 2 days after issue not during class time so it was like you had even less time but i digress.

You really need to study sober and use the stimulants as an enhancement or that enhancement will be your down fall. You can not run a car on NOS constantly otherwise its performance will fail you can not constantly study on stimulants or your performance will fail. You also require more then a day to fully recover, you probably dont sleep well the day you took it so i would say you need at least 2 days off to recover better. However, even that is too much and I would reconsider how you study and look into lesser stimulants like caffeine and i had some luck with DMAA which is better then caffeine but hit and miss with some people, i loved it and used it for finals my last year there as i only had access to Focalin, instant comedown medication for me so i had to seek something else.

I agree with the above. I am scripted every day generic dextroamphetamine er 15 Mg. I take 2 caps as a dose. All I can add is when I take a day or few days break, it refreshes the effects of the medicine. Actually, thanks for the thread. I'm going to start taking breaks.