• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many Bluelighters are celebrities IRL??

We had John McAfee (of McAfee anti-virus software) on here a long time ago, there's an epic thread about it somewhere, maybe someone knows where it is and can link it. I think it was before my time.

When I joined Bluelight I was starstruck to see morninggloryseed and Jamshyd and some others who helped shape my learning about psychedelics with their Erowid reports. To me they were famous.

Okay someone already mentioned that:

The most famous example is John McAfee, the antivirus software tycoon, who posted here as "stuffmonger".

Lol, that his mdpv purification thread?
Here it is, one huge troll, makes the current trolling seem lazy and boring tbh.

Even if anyone is a celeb' they would be pretty stupid to mention it here : /

Agree, and this is as far as I'm willing to go on here. Back in the day I was a professional musician and two of my band mates went on to play with and in bands most everyone would know. One in particular, is an absolute guitar savant and now tours with one of the most successful bands in US history, based on record sales. I haven't seen him in years but he pops up on TV pretty often. I definitely get a major kick out of it all and say even though I "cut my hair and got a real job" I still love to live vicariously through him. Those were truly some good times!.

Aeon, now you are under suspicion of being a celebrity.

at age 11 i was on a british kids tv show called 'Wide Awake Club'.....i was on twice, first time was with my 'talking' guinea-pig (RIP Timothy aka Tim-Tims) second time was playing 'the bed making competition' making candy-floss and i won!!!.....the prize was a WAC (Wide Awake Club) pillowcase filled with 'goodies' (or rather loads of useless crap)....but i did meet 'Sandy Shaw' (my dad had to tell me she was famous...he referred to her as the 'Madonna' of his youth...errr...hardly)....got Owen Pauls autograph!! <<<<Fucking WHO??...exactly...he sang 'my favourate waste of time'....<<<<wtf??!!.....BUT got The Real Thing's autograph....

Sorry, I know this is going back ages, but I remember WAC very well. Around 2000 I was a resident DJ at a nightclub, they used to get me to warm up for bigger acts because I would get the dancefloor full (lots of bigger name DJs won't start if the floor is half empty). Having warmed up for a few moderately famous DJs, I turned down Timmy Mallet, host of WAC. I said even I wasn't going to warm up for a children's TV star from the 80s. A friend took the job, and Timmy Mallet was a thoroughly nice guy and perfectly aware his audience were there in an ironic/nostaligic sense. (Also for a British children's TV star from the 80s not to turn out to be a paedo or rapist is always a plus!) I really regretted my decision.