• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How many benzos can I take when coming down from meth - help!!

ContraryRabbit

Greenlighter
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Whats a safe level for a comedown? Assume benzos alone (although also chamomile tea [/FONT]:D[FONT=arial, sans-serif]

[/FONT]So I have had about 24 hours on meth, last very small amount almost 8 hours ago.

I took 20mg Valium 5 hours ago, felt pretty good. Then 3 hours ago as that buzz wore off I took 20mg Tamaz.

But now I'm all jitters and I want to get into a nicer buzz and play some video games for a couple of hours then crash in maybe 3 or 4 hours? All I have left is Tamaz, and Im still feeling anxious and want to get rid of those anxiety jitters and go to sleep in say, 3 - 4 hours, can I take more tamaz?

I called poisons hotline and the chemist and they pretty much said "No thats more than dr recommended. Go to ER". Which is less than helpful.

I have had about 5mg valium a day for the past 3 days, and say 5 - 10mg tamaz past 3 days: And use it often for comedowns weekly or so, around these doses-ish (less) -- but more often codeine with a small amount of benzos. But Im not really getting enough anti-anxiety effect. Codeine is out of the picture.

The poisons hotline said that despite having a tolerance, tamaz can still depress the CNS in exactly the same way and I shouldnt even attempt sleep in the next 12 hours. But the posts I read here say differently?

I cant help feel like this doesn't really match up to most things I read on here.

Could I wait say another hour? The half life is 12 hours though....

I'd really just like to pop say about 10mg tamaz.

(I do meth once in a blue moon, its really bad for my anxiety. Im OK I just want to find a nice way to relax)

Any other suggestions? (weed makes me anxious unfortunately)

Last edited:
Sleep is EXACTLY what you need if you're coming off methamp. How much and how long have you been using recently? How long have you been awake?

By Tamaz you mean temazepam? You'll probably need far more than just 20mg of temazepam to feel any kind of recreational effect.

As you've already mixed 20mg of diazepam (an ideal benzo for coming off stims) and 20mg of what I'm assuming is temazepam you have a fair bit in your system. But you're also benzo tolerant, right (how much of what are you tolerant to?)? And you're coming down off stims. Both of those factors suggest you'd probably require higher than normally prescribed doses compared to someone not tolerant, nor coming off stims.

I've safely mixed larger quantities of diazepam and temazepam together, without much tolerance. If I were you I'd probably take another 120mg of temazepam, do something less stimulating than playing an exciting video game or intense movie, like laying down and listening to relaxing music, let the benzos kick in and go to bed man!

Do you have any atypical antipsychotics laying around? Those are ever better for some people to come off stim binges than benzos (2mg risperidone will knock me the fuck out after being up for a couple days).

I'd suggest not mixing too many drugs, so if you were to take more benzos and add an antipsychotic dose MUCH lower than my suggestion with benzos and take a fairly normal dose of antipsychotics.

Thanks so much.

The poisons lady and the chemist all told me I would "need to go to ER" if I took any more :/ which isnt helping my anxiety levels!

I started Monday night (48 hours ago), at the end of 24 or so hours of that I took about 120g Codeine and some valium, and then a tamazapam. I only got an hour sleep. Then did it again, (stupidly). And here I am, another 24 hours later unable to sleep and too scared to take any more benzos.

I have a moderate/mild tolerance. 15 mg valium will give me an effect. 5mg would do nothing. Tamaz, normally around 20mg will give me a little buzz. Ive been taking them for months but around say, 3 times a week. Though the past week I have had at least 1 val a day with my codeine for 4 days in a row (hello codeine tolerance!)

I would take codeine tonight but my tolerance to that is so high now I would have to cwe at least 150mg and I dont want to combine with benzos.

I have seroqel, Ive only taken it once before (I also usually take about 15mg Mirtazapine but I find it is actually worse for me on meth -- By which I mean crystal/shard as well as smokable base),..but my anxiety is through the roof so I would rather stick to the one sedative, tamaz and valium. As I believe they have a high LD threshold.

my main fear is that I have mild asthma and mild sleep apnea (not enough to register in a sleep study though but I snore and catch my breath a lot during sleep). increases risk of respiratory depression. Concerned about dying in my sleep. Which is my hyper vigilance (and something I struggle with even when straight). Meth really isnt my drug. I should stick to MD, or even herione/downers. They dont mess me up so much!

I can pick up two more vals in 2 hours. Tamaz Ive read is more dangerous and involved in more ODs? But its been almost 7 hours since last tamaz dose (20mg) and 9 hours since val (20mg). Moods just ugh. Goes up, then swings really down.

I hate that we have no harm min dedicated help-lines and that the only advice Ill get is "Go to hospital". Because intuitively I know, you can safely use a little more than "the recommended dose". Maybe Ill try another 10mg - 20 dose? and pick up the vals later if Im still struggling?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Oh and last meth use before that was 10 days ago, similar time - Friday to Sunday (three days) but didn't have as much trouble with it as I had a lower codeine tolerance and could take say 60 - 75mg codeine, a valium, sleep for 4 hours, then small dose of benzo and sereoqel.

I dont know why its different this time >< Lack of codeine certainly (its always my go too). Heightened anxiety levels perhaps. More meth than usual.

I cant lay down. Because then I panic, get jolted awake/into sleep paralysis, breathless, racing heart -- unless I have adequate anxiety control. :( ( have a pretty hectic anxiety disorder, which is usually managable provided I planand use responsibly.....)

EDIT:

Just swallowed my pride and begged 15mg Valium of my housemate (who will remind me I shouldnt do stims tomorrow haha). I think the anti-anxiety (rather than the hypnotic) is what I need to make my way to my bed. I think 15mg valium almost 8 hours since the last dose of any benzo is more than safe. I trust my brain that much at least!

Im going to put this down to poor planning. It was one of those spontaneous sessions you don't expect and hadn't planned for - also I think this batch may have been stronger than I am used too. And that "one last hit" sigh.
Meanwhile though, I need to re-evaluate which substances I 'synergise' with myself.

Certainly not stims haha.

Thanks forum for letting me pour my cooked anxiety at you

Last edited: