• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dissociatives How many "acid" psychedelics exist?

I still don't understand where you could've seen me as being argumentive or going against harm reduction.

Because the LSD may seem identical to analogs (at "single dose" range) but some don't stack up the same when you start increasing dosage. 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are close enough to LSD in terms of increasing doses. So these analogs can be safely considered "acid"

But A-LAD (for example) while it seems very similar (if not slightly weak) at single blotter doses, if one takes 5 or more blotters they will find the effects can be far stronger than 5 hits of LSD. What's so hard about using the correct name for the drug so the user can actually anticipate the effects and dose themselves properly?

ETH-LAD has an even steeper dose curve.

I remember around 1969 or so, someone got the really great idea of packaging DOM in a identical tablet as some yellow LSD barrels that had been previously distributed calling it "ACID." DOM has a come up of several hours, and many people thought that that they had been sold weak acid and consumed multiple tablets. By the time they did start coming up it was way too late and they had consumed a very large dose of a very powerful and long lasting hallucinogen.

So let's just call it all acid, right?

edited to correct spelling errors ...

Last edited:
Cause he's being argumentative himself.

You do come off as a bit confused, but that's okay.

This is the correct grouping. Only allowing LSD under the umbrella "acid" is too conservative. They are all lysergic acid amides. That's where the name comes from. However, selling the less common ones simply as "acid" might be somewhat disingenuous.
Please consider calling them their own names so that dosing can be accurate. Not all of the analogs stack the same as LSD and using their correct name can avoid having a difficult experience by "accident" by consuming more than they want at any given time.

I can function on acid better than shrooms in general based on the few times I've taken it,
Ok, maybe wait to make that determination until you have more experience with them individually. Taking the right dose it paramount, and I don't mean to make it seem like a polarity. You don't have to pick one over the other. Sometimes mushrooms are a preferred experience for the set & setting, or in other words, the people whom you are with and where you choose to trip, also the time of the day, public or private; is everyone in the group participating? How do the people not participating feel? See what I mean?

So I like to shroom if I go camping. I like to shroom at the end of a Phish concert, when I just rolled my tits off, danced my ass off and pretended to like Phish. … (joking, I ❤️ Phish), and I'm at an after party at the Radisson Hotel in midtown Manhattan by Madison Square Garden for Phish's annual NYE run… and the hallways are filled with Phish phans and old Dead Heads taking whippets like it's their purpose in life. And the afterglow, the soft transition from MDMA into psilocybin couldn't be any more perfect for settling in, smoking some bowls, having a few balloons, or better yet, a "pony" nitrous tank of your own… you know before spelunking into the depths of a K-hole or two or three, and then being all Dipset I gotta work in the morning (but you don't).

But I like to drop acid before I go out dancing. If you've never danced on LSD, you've never danced. This is a statement of fact, ladies and gentlemen, and not my arbitrary delineations. You understand. 😉

but it can definitely still have me staring at a wall or something,
It's all in the dose.

I just have the choice to look at everything melt and breathe. I spent 15 minutes in the bathroom at my friends house the last time I took it just watching my face morph into every emotion possible, then I realized I wasn't moving my face at all, and then once I saw my reflection in my huge ass pupils I was astonished at just that too.
Indeed.

Most people would probably get really freaked out but I liked it.
No, there's a reason psychedelic drugs are popular, and when used as directed, safer than a lot of other psychotropic drugs.

Just like I like watching all my skin melt off on DMT or something. DMT visuals are my favorite by far.
Goddamn. We stupid-ass Americans say the word "like" too much; I'm like, you know, guilty of that shit too, bc like, idk like, that's just how Americans talk, like you know? Lol. And yeah I agree, DMT's visuals are my favorite so far too. Close second might be 3-MeO-PCP, for me, though, but that's a different class of drugs (dissociatives) so it's kind of comparing proverbial apples to oranges… and really you were trying to find some grapefruits anyways, lol.

With shrooms I feel like I'm enslaved by the psilocybin with uncontrollable visuals that are jarring and won't stop,
That's tripping in general. "Buy the ticket; take the ride." Any time you take a psychedelic you have to take the good with the bad, but the difficult experiences usually teaches us important lessons if we pay attention. Believe you me, acid can punish dat ass if you don't respect it. It can come on slowly, too, and creep up on you before you know it. It's helpful to be mindful of this and to be with people you trust in a relatively safe space.

Btw, you can stop a trip early if you want by taking a benzo like Valium or Xanax, but it's better to ride it out if you can manage it. Benzos impact memory, too, and I like to remember my trips.

that was my experience at the cape,
Ah yes, the cape. I'm just imagining you're talking about, oh Idk, how about Cape Cod, Massachusetts? It's really nice there in the summer time. I had cousins who lived up there and they'd take me out fishing when I'd visit. We'd catch giant bluefish, pull 'em in the boat and bash their brains in with a monkey wrench, then bring 'em back with us, gut them, descale them, fillet and fry those bad boys, and OMFG If you like seafood, you are in for a real treat.

I however, didn't start eating seafood until after college (for non-US folk, read: university). Btw, which schools are you applying to?

they were really strong, and I think I'd rather try some acid again. I know a few people that get that way on shrooms now too and prefer LSD.
Different strokes for different folks, my friend. Why choose?

Last edited:
Please consider calling them their own names so that dosing can be accurate. Not all of the analogs stack the same as LSD and using their correct name can avoid having a difficult experience by "accident" by consuming more than they want at any given time.

Not only do i consider that. I am always precise when referring to specific substances. However, this thread establishes a context where "acid psychedelics" is most meaningfully interpreted as a slang for lysergamide psychedelics.

Because the LSD may seem identical to analogs (at "single dose" range) but some don't stack up the same when you start increasing dosage. 1P-LSD and ALD-52 are close enough to LSD in terms of increasing doses. So these analogs can be safely considered "acid"

But A-LAD (for example) while it seems very similar (if not slightly weak) at single blotter doses, if one takes 5 or more blotters they will find the effects can be far stronger than 5 hits of LSD. What's so hard about using the correct name for the drug so the user can actually anticipate the effects and dose themselves properly?

ETH-LAD has an even steeper dose curve.

I remember around 1969 or so, someone got the really great idea of packaging DOM in a identical tablet as some yellow LSD barrels that had been previously distributed calling it "ACID." DOM has a come up of several hours, and many people thought that that they had been sold weak acid and consumed multiple tablets. By the time they did start coming up it was way too late and they had consumed a very large dose of a very powerful and long lasting hallucinogen.

So let's just call it all acid, right?

edited to correct spelling errors ...
it's still going over my head, but I guess that's probably because I didn't realize anything I said could've been perceived as argumentized. Either way I wasn't trying to argue anything, I just didn't understand I guess? Again RCs are a world I have no idea about and that's the main reason I wondered if there was another acid psychedelic out there.

Ok, maybe wait to make that determination until you have more experience with them individually. Taking the right dose it paramount, and I don't mean to make it seem like a polarity. You don't have to pick one over the other. Sometimes mushrooms are a preferred experience for the set & setting, or in other words, the people whom you are with and where you choose to trip, also the time of the day, public or private; is everyone in the group participating? How do the people not participating feel? See what I mean?

So I like to shroom if I go camping. I like to shroom at the end of a Phish concert, when I just rolled my tits off, danced my ass off and pretended to like Phish. … (joking, I ❤️ Phish), and I'm at an after party at the Radisson Hotel in midtown Manhattan by Madison Square Garden for Phish's annual NYE run… and the hallways are filled with Phish phans and old Dead Heads taking whippets like it's their purpose in life. And the afterglow, the soft transition from MDMA into psilocybin couldn't be any more perfect for settling in, smoking some bowls, having a few balloons, or better yet, a "pony" nitrous tank of your own… you know before spelunking into the depths of a K-hole or two or three, and then being all Dipset I gotta work in the morning (but you don't).

But I like to drop acid before I go out dancing. If you've never danced on LSD, you've never danced. This is a statement of fact, ladies and gentlemen, and not my arbitrary delineations. You understand. 😉

It's all in the dose.

Indeed.

No, there's a reason psychedelic drugs are popular, and when used as directed, safer than a lot of other psychotropic drugs.

Goddamn. We stupid-ass Americans say the word "like" too much; I'm like, you know, guilty of that shit too, bc like, idk like, that's just how Americans talk, like you know? Lol. And yeah I agree, DMT's visuals are my favorite so far too. Close second might be 3-MeO-PCP, for me, though, but that's a different class of drugs (dissociatives) so it's kind of comparing proverbial apples to oranges… and really you were trying to find some grapefruits anyways, lol.

That's tripping in general. "Buy the ticket; take the ride." Any time you take a psychedelic you have to take the good with the bad, but the difficult experiences usually teaches us important lessons if we pay attention. Believe you me, acid can punish dat ass if you don't respect it. It can come on slowly, too, and creep up on you before you know it. It's helpful to be mindful of this and to be with people you trust in a relatively safe space.

Btw, you can stop a trip early if you want by taking a benzo like Valium or Xanax, but it's better to ride it out if you can manage it. Benzos impact memory, too, and I like to remember my trips.

Ah yes, the cape. I'm just imagining you're talking about, oh Idk, how about Cape Cod, Massachusetts? It's really nice there in the summer time. I had cousins who lived up there and they'd take me out fishing when I'd visit. We'd catch giant bluefish, pull 'em in the boat and bash their brains in with a monkey wrench, then bring 'em back with us, gut them, descale them, fillet and fry those bad boys, and OMFG If you like seafood, you are in for a real treat.

I however, didn't start eating seafood until after college (for non-US folk, read: university). Btw, which schools are you applying to?

Different strokes for different folks, my friend. Why choose?
Lol sorry I type like I a lot, I guess. I graduated in English Studies and could just use proper grammar all the time, but if I'm on a forum that's not much of a concern. I'm also a massive stoner, so it's just going to like, happen lol. I've written a lot on this forum that generally is formatted well to where some people have highlighted that I was a skilled writer. If I'm crazy stoned and have an attention span of a quarter second, I'll repeat the same words oftentimes twice in the same sentence. Usually when I see that I fix it, though.

Last edited:
Thank you! I think I understand what you mean. And yeah I once thought acid was mostly synthetic until realizing how it was made. I'd been avoiding it for years in favor of shrooms, but I want to try LSD again soon because shrooms because uncomfortable. Either because I kept tripping alone or because I'd never really plan out my trips. I never had to with DMT which is my favorite, I combined them a few times and it could turn bad shroom trips good.
To me in general the Tryptamine's, especially Shroomz, are harder on me mentally aswell as having more bodyload. Even 4-HO-MIPT, the most forgiving Tryptamine ime.
Interesting that DMT can give a Psylocybin trip a positive turn.

But afa Lysergic's go a real smooth one is AL-LAD. But LSD or 1p-LSD are chill to. Lysergic visuals and mood improvement are a plus imo.

Lol sorry I type like I a lot, I guess. I graduated in English Studies and could just use proper grammar all the time, but if I'm on a forum that's not much of a concern. I'm also a massive stoner, so it's just going to like, happen lol. I've written a lot on this forum that generally is formatted well to where some people have highlighted that I was a skilled writer. If I'm crazy stoned and have an attention span of a quarter second, I'll repeat the same words oftentimes twice in the same sentence. Usually when I see that I fix it, though.
No you're fine, no need to change a thing. I just think it's funny that we Americans do that is all. I do it, too, like all the time, for reals, especially if I'm just extemporaneously speaking. I also say "just" a lot. Like I just said it in every single sentence so far with the exception of the first sentence. Sorry, I wasn't trying to criticize you.

Even 4-HO-MIPT, the most forgiving Tryptamine ime.
Have you had 4-HO-MET? How do you compare that to 4-HO-MiPT if so? Because I've had both of these compounds and consider 4-HO-MET to be by far the most forgiving tryptamine… YMMV though.

Isn't that idiom precisely a description and legitimization of choice?
Choice? No, probably not. More like legitimization of preference. There's a subtle but important difference.

But I think less precisely it's an idiom meaning to say different things appeal to different people. Or just – people have their own ways of doing things and shit they prefer, and it's just a friendly and comforting reminder that there's plenty of room for different—even opposing—opinions. I feel that's important for people to note in 2024, b/c globally there's a LOT of shit popping off, it seems like. We should strive to be patient and compassionate for our fellow human beings of all walks of life, faiths, beliefs, creeds, countries, customs, and styles to the very best of our abilities, remembering to stay humble, grateful of peace, and stalwart about a resolve toward peace.

Different people have varying preferences is what I'm saying, through I enjoy where you might be going with this. Feel free to expound some thoughts; I'm interested in hearing them if you have any …

No you're fine, no need to change a thing. I just think it's funny that we Americans do that is all. I do it, too, like all the time, for reals, especially if I'm just extemporaneously speaking. I also say "just" a lot. Like I just said it in every single sentence so far with the exception of the first sentence. Sorry, I wasn't trying to criticize you.

Have you had 4-HO-MET? How do you compare that to 4-HO-MiPT if so? Because I've had both of these compounds and consider 4-HO-MET to be by far the most forgiving tryptamine… YMMV though.
Me too, only I found 4-HO-MIPT slightly more easy going. 4-HO-MET a tiny more discomfort. The trips I wonder were not that different.

And I had 2 good experience´s with inlandish picked (wild) Psilocybe Semilanceata one time with a line of Cocaine.