• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How Many 10 Mg Hydrocodone Pills With Acetaminophen Is Considered Dangerous?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
*PLEASE MOVE TO APPROPRIATE FORUM. MY DEVICE ONLY LETS ME POST THREADS IN THE PSYCHEDELIC FORUM. I APOLOGIZE!*
I have 10 mg Hydrocodone pills that contain Acetaminophen. How many of those pills could someone SAFELY take at once? I am 5'1 1/2 and weigh roughly around 105-115 lbs if that makes any real difference? What would be a "safe" but still decent amount I could safely take without damaging my body? Thank you!

it depends a lot on wheter or not you have a pre-existing opioid tolerance and how you respond to opiods in general

generally speaking starting with a dose of maybe 20mg should be plenty for most people, if you have used opioids in the recent past then you may need to take more, but the thing to remember is that more is not always better, at some point you will just end up dizzy and sick and strung out.

Also how much Acetaminophen per pill ? Too much of this can destroy your liver (and probably the reason why added to the tablet).

Moved PD >> OD

Assuming you can handle the hydrocodone itself, this is @ acetaminophen, I always forget but its easily googled:

Adults and adolescents weighing 50 kg and over: 1000 mg every 6 hours or 650 mg every 4 hours, with a maximum single dose of 1000 mg, a minimum dosing interval of 4 hours, and a maximum daily dose of acetaminophen of 4000 mg per day.

So check how much is in each pill and keep it under that ^ .

Or do a little less if they compete being broken down in the liver..

^someone in another thread wrote that the maximum dosage of acetaminophen was lowered to 3000mg per day, because there were people that experienced problems with doses lower than 4000mg

10mg hydrocodone pills typically contain 325mg of acetaminophen in them, I have heard that they want to raise that amount to 650mg to reduce abuse potential.

That puts you at about 12 pills, or 3,900mg of APAP, right under the "daily maximum" of 4,000mg. I don't recommend hitting right under that dose because as said above, there have been reports of problems with APAP under the daily limit as well. I would not exceed 10 pills, which is 3,250mg of APAP.

You can also look into techniques such as a cold water extraction (CWE) to minimize your APAP intake. This allows for more hydrocodone to be taken safely.

I'd say about 15mg for a starting dose, then increase every 30 minutes to an hour until you achieve desired effects. Remember, you can always get sick a while after you take the pills, so you never know really.