Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides How LSH May Form w/ MGS

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
A recent thread sparked an interesting insight into the famed morning glory seed. A thread regarding the production of LSH via a few methods. @Moldy Plates also reported better results with seedling than seeds. Upon reading the articles they provided I saw this.

“In fungi that produce LAH as well as ergonovine (e.g., M. brunneum, the paspalum ergot fungus Claviceps paspali, and the morning glory symbiont Periglandula ipomoeae)…”

That last part intrigued me as I’d never heard of that before so looked up with this symbiont is.

These are a species of fungi that work mutualistically with the morning glory plant, residing on the plant itself while not attaching in a parasitic manner. This fungi is also said to produce the ergoline alkaloids such as LSH.

This now makes perfect sense as to why most “LSA” (now know LSH) containing plants (now know fungi) are best fresh. The seeds rapidly degrading, likely the fungi dying off.

I’m 100% convinced to try some seedlings here soon to see if it’s really that simple, when life allows..

-GC

G_chem, I also responded to a question brought up about the seedlings here, looks like people are on the same wavelength!

P.S. Just received two more reports from people who have tried the LSH Tek thread, and posted their reports, included as these are brand new, and go to show the power of LSH + penniclavine combo, the 2 highest alkaloids in the seeds.

golmo said:
tregar, i have an experiment for you. i heard we can soak the seeds for 1 or 2 days till they sprout,and when they are only small white root and the black seed shell comes off.

i heard the seedlings have all the actives in them and that this way you don't need to crush the seeds and filter them.

what if you just gently blend them with some cherry wine in a blender (slowly and with pulses to avoid heat as you suggested), and now treat this shake as if it was with the seeds (shake once in a while and soak for few hours).

and consume the shake (with the sprouts particles? or after filtering?).

I've thought of that too Golmo, good idea. I just don't know how strong the alkaloids are in the seed sprouts, we have limited data on that. The fully mature seed pods are going to have the full spectrum of alkaloids and the fully developed LSH. From what I have read, the seed sprouts do not have time to fully develop all the alkaloids as they are formed in stages, that's why under-developed seeds that are not hard but mushy have not finished converting.

--> I once read a report of a girl who ate the under-developed greenish seeds out of the pods instead of the mature black seeds, and she had cramping as the ergometrine (which causes cramping) was not done converting to LSH. I would suggest sticking with the mature black fresh seeds <--

Paper read once:
In fresher seeds there's mainly LSH (in relation to LSA). Only in old seeds, the LSA is dominant. This is because the fungi on the plant can only biosynthesize LSH (not LSA), and LSA is then a decomposition product of LSH over time. The fungi on the vines biosynthesize:

From Tryptophan-->chanoclavine-->agroclavine-->elymoclavine-->lysergic acid-->ergometrine-->LSH, which then decomposes over time into LSA.

Calling all psychonauts: everything you need to know with 20 pics and easy instructions on post #1 of this thread on page 1, completely updated with tips I've learned after having 5 powerful trips in 2 months. See post #2 on page 1 for two dozen trip reports from others on MG seeds from the archives. Multiply the effects of those trip reports by 2 or 3 if you use the LSH Tek.

Page 1: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27850299

itbebasidia's trip report at the bottom of post #1 used the alcohol/wine extract LSH Tek:
I saw rotating colored geometrics, fractals, heavy paisley colored tracers, organic swirls, lattice like geometrics, visuals moving to the music and energy fields surrounding everything along with beautiful music enhancement and a powerful mind-body connection.

Shroomery moderator Logical chaos on 8-21-22 on page 5 said:
Sexual, music sounds amazing. Literally all sounds are "Epic". Physical sensations almost orgasmic.

Intense dry month. Whoa.

The slow time dilation is trippy.

Naked sex parties is what's needed.

Next time, smaller dose, any 1oz sherry wine.

Unique. Whoa.

Tregar mentions this in each text dump as well; that LSA is not directly produced by the fungal endosymbiote and is a breakdown product of LSH. My logic was you can let your seeds sit around and then try to convert the LSA back to LSH, or you can cut out the middle step and eat actively metabolizing tissue.

Forming LSH later seems to be less dependable from what I've read. Maybe it works, but maybe it's somewhat hit and miss.
I wish I could find more on people experimenting with fresh seeds only, no adducts. Failures as well as successes. I'm wondering if this is a more dependable approach.
The plants are very easy to cultivate.

Stripper and Todd Skinner's girfriend Krystal Cole's claviceps paspali (same alkaloid profile as the powerful Mesoamerican morning glory) ergot wine experience from Chapter 17 THE BLOOD OF CHRIST from the book "Lysergic":
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd knelt down, holding an ornately decorated gold chalice. A magnificent piece to behold, exquisite. It pulsated with energy, spirituality. "Sherom Teleqot Masecot," he began his prayers in ancient Chaldean, and then moved on to a higher prayer. "Ebatone Neahmeh Nohhoaayow..." the language of the gods. Reverent peacefulness engulfed him as the words came forth. He turned to face me and drank several large gulps. Then bowed his head in silence as he passed me the chalice.

"What is it?" I was totally caught by surprise; we had not planned on tripping for awhile. Things had been far too crazy lately.

"It's ancient wine. Just try a sip."

"I don't know..." I didn't want to have a repeat of my DMT experience. My mind wasn't as prepared as it should be prior to a journey. Also, I had never seen him this spiritual before a trip. He never prayed or used a chalice any other time. Usually he would non-ceremonially weigh out the doses on his lab scale, and then simply pass them out. No ceremony, no prayers. Why the sudden change?

"Just try a small sip. It is time for you to be initiated into the order, you're ready. But I would kneel and say a prayer first if I was you. This one must be taken very seriously." His head bowed slightly but he still kept eye contact.

I was curious so I knelt down, even though my instincts were telling me not to. What order? The brotherhood maybe? And what was in the chalice? It couldn't really be ancient wine, could it? I examined the liquid; it looked and smelled just like red wine. Why not? I cautiously drank a small sip. It was thinner than normal wine and had a woody taste. The most interesting part was the way it tingled as it went down. A warming sensation filled my throat and stomach. "Okay I drank some, now what is it?"

"It's Ergot wine." He smiled slyly, knowing he had gotten one over on me.

"ERGOT WINE! Oh my God!" I was in shock. "Ergot can kill people. I wouldn't have taken it if I would have known what it was. It's St. Anthony's fire! It can make you lose body parts if you touch it! Oh, my God!" My head was spinning. How could he have not warned me?

"I knew you would react like this, that's why I just told you to drink it. You get so afraid sometimes. There is no need to be; you are safe." A slight giggle escaped from his lungs.

"Are you sure it's safe? Where did you get it?" My heart was racing.

"I made it when I was younger. I did an alcohol wash of the ergot fungus with the wine. Then I corked the bottles up and stored them. The ergot fungus will feed on the sugars in the wine, giving it the woody taste. I let them age for about ten years. It is best to wait a little longer, but I felt it was an appropriate time to open one anyway. Every year it ages, it will become a little less potent and easier to control the dose."

"How do you know what a safe dose is?" I was skeptical.

"Ergot is a fungus and a precursor for LSD. Ergot is interesting because we really don't know what happens to the alkaloid concentration over time. It moves around, changes. So the dose is guesswork."

"Isn't Ergot what Socrates used to take at Eleusis?" I thought it was kind of cool to be taking something that the founders of our democracy used to take, but that our current democracy has made illegal.

"Yes, the priest who handed down the secret formula from generation to generation did a wine, or water with mint or peppermint leaves added, adds acidity and high in acetaldehyde, infusion of the ergot."

"I can feel it already."

"I started to see holographic symbols, floating in a circle around Todd's head. I had never seen symbols before in a trip. They were translucent almost like glass. Empty space had taken on a form. They constantly rotated, allowing me to see all of their sides. A few of them looked like symbols from the zodiac. Others looked like Sanskrit, or Arabic. Some I have nothing to compare them to. Where did they come from? What did they mean?"

"Out of all my journeys, ergot was my most productive and therefore my best."

"The chalice and prayers peeked my curiousity. Why had he done it this time and no others? What was the meaning of it all? He was so careful with his words, his humble demeanor, and even how he held the chalice as he drank. I had seen communion in church before and knew symbolically this is what he had meant by it all."