• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long would Zopiclone withdrawals happen after stopping use?

V82

Bluelighter
I was wondering because Zopiclone has a half life (5 hours) shorter than almost all benzos. So I would assume the entire drug would out of my system by 25 hours. Midnight tonight.

I've been taking it for 2 -3 weeks skipping a day or two in total. I started at 3.75 but worked my way up 7.5 and another 3.75 in too short of a period so I am now stopping.

Before the last couple of weeks I would only take it twice a week.

2-3 weeks of consecutive use is not enough to develop a substantial dependency on this stuff. You could very well get luck and not experience any noticeable withdrawal symptoms. If you do experience withdrawal symptoms, they will most likely be very minor and include things like mild insomnia or restlessness; maybe some slightly increased anxiety, but nothing to worry about.

Don't psyche yourself out thinking that you're going to experience sedative/hypnotic withdrawal like the sort described by heavy users of Benzodiazepines or Alcohol. It's a really terrible experience, but generally, for such a strong withdrawal syndrome to present, it would take a pretty extended period of heavy use followed by an abrupt cessation. Good for you though for evaluating the potential consequences and taking steps to address them.

You should be fine, but if you do end up having a hard time, feel free to update us and we'll help you as best we can.