• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will suboxone/naloxone block opiates if taken irregularly?

StreetSpirit86

Greenlighter
I've been on and off suboxone for years now. 2 days ago I took an 8mg strip and this morning I took another (I've been obviously screwing up a lot lately) anyways I tried to shoot heroin a few hours later and to my surprise I didn't feel anything. Usually when I take this little it doesn't really block because it's not built up in my system. I'm wondering if what I got today just sucked or if I wait a while to do the rest if I'll feel it then? I don't feel sick but my eyes aren't really pinned. Usually at this point I'll feel it if I do enough but I don't want to waste it. Anyone else have experience with this that can help answer my question?

Each 1 (most websites say 1.4mg) mg of suboxone is roughly equivelent to 30mg of hydrocodone or slightly less of oxycodone

If you take 4mg of suboxone, it will take 72 hours to get HALF of it out of your system. Suboxone, even at low doses, is an extremely effective opiate blocker.

so if you take 8mg of suboxone it will go like this

in 72 hours half is eliminated so you are left with 4mg

in another 72 hours another half is eliminated so you are left with 2mg

in another 72 hours another half is eliminated so you are left with 1mg

in another 72 hours another half is eliminated and you are left with 0.50mg

in another 72... ok, you get where im going

But it will take around a week to feel a high after taking Suboxone. Maybe longer. Depends on your metabolism.

I remember those days. It's funny because I used to be in the exact same shoes. I'm glad that's history.

Dude, suboxone sucks. It's an excellent drugs for what it's made to do. But, the reality is that the only reason they keep people on it for SUCH a long time is the $$$. It can be habit forming and also, it can cause long term withdrawal symptoms.

Think about, a 72 hour half life, average prescribed dose 8MG per day, for multiple years! It's a complete saturation to the brain, all to avoid opiate withdrawal that last only a week or so. Then to top it all off you can't even get high if you want to.

The doctor should prescribe like 2 or 3 8mg and send them on the way.

Ive been in the same exact situation with you the past 2 months,playing Subs to H back to subs etc etc.

First of all,8mgs is a BIG blocking dose,at least imo,as ive been blocked for 2 days by only a mere 2mg pill.

Yesterday im at my clinic and i "get rid" of my daily 8mgs and only take 2mgs.2hrs later i go home and snort 1mg(which for me works way better)

About 24hrs later(today) i get hold of a higher quality H than usual and im like "fuck it,im so sure im blocked but lets waste some anyway".
By the 3rd (relatively small) bump,im pin eyed as hell,slightly nodding,warmth,euphoria,i just couldnt believe it(been addicted to H for about 8-9 years nonstop).

So long story short(too late for that),if you are using subs everyday then you need at least 3 days off to feel anything decent from normal opiates.
If for some reason you feel withdrawls tho,that means that bupe is wearing off and you prolly can use your DOC with success.

Ps. Stories about snorting bupe are true,it comes on faster and provides better relief compared to sublingual,but wears off alot quicker(at least IN MY experience).

Ok I'm no expert but I was taking the 4.2 suboxone strip for 4 days once a day and I waited approximately 30 hours and did a op 30 and caught a real good buzz! I would have to say my metabolism is average because I'm about 6 feet 1 and 220 pounds. So I wld say a minimum of 24 hours after your last dose depending on the strength and length of time on them! Also a word to the wise wait a minimum of 24 hours after taking suboxone to do any other opiates because PW is a bummer!! But it only lasted like 2 hours for me not so bad but still chitty!

If you do subs irregularly and they are not built up in your system, it will take about 24-36 hours since your last sub dose, to get any real satisfying high off a regular opiate. If you have been on them a while, I have noticed it be 72hours+. Bupe has an extremely long half-life and binds to the mu receptors so tightly they just don't want to let go, but after a few days you'll be able to feel another opiate full strength again no matter what.