• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long will it take 15mg Of methadone to leave my system?

Brooki_cookie

Bluelighter
Last night I took 15mg's of methadone. It was a one time thing. I exercise a lot and I am in PM and go again at the end of the month and they might drug test my urine. Google says different answers. How long will it take to leave my system?

Yeah about that mate. Why was it a one time thing? Have you been in detox? Not following the PM part?

Yeah about that mate. Why was it a one time thing? Have you been in detox? Not following the PM part?
I am in pain management prescribed hydrocodone 10mg 4x a day. I took the methadone because my pharmacy screwed up and i wasnt able to get my medication until today. so basically I shouldnt worry about being urine drug tested on the 21st because it will be way gone from my system by then? like your saying it should be gone by tommorrow?

They give you a piss test for pain management? To check you are only taking what is prescribed? That’s a new one on me. Yeah you should be fine.

They give you a piss test for pain management? To check you are only taking what is prescribed? That’s a new one on me. Yeah you should be fine.
Yes its very strict. They do it like every other time. And it is to make sure you are not selling your medication, abusing it or taking illegal drugs or non prescribed drugs.

My doc also drugs tests me every time I go to get my Xanax script monthly. If I test positive for any opiates he will tell me to come back when I can test clean .
He’s obviously a really nice doctor or he could just cut me off but we’ve bin going thru this for years . I even ask him for methadone when I relapse sometimes and he makes me sign a contract stating I will never ask again . We’ve sighned about 50 contracts over the years lol.
I’m very fortunate to have a great doctor .
But back on topic in the US most PM doctors either randomly or monthly drug test you and most are looking for a reason to either cut you off or lower your dose with the whole epidemic thing .
Some places will even cut you off for failing pot . I’m surprised in the UK they don’t do this.
As for your drug test usually we don’t answer those type of questions but since it’s PM related and your not asking how to cheat the test then I’m assuming the mods let it rock .
Aslong as the methadone was a one time thing then you should be good in a few days . Once you let it stack in your system by taking it let’s say for a week straight then the long half life can keep you testing positive for longer then 5 days .

Last edited:
Sorry Brookie I should have checked. I think @totach that it is done in Ort or rehabilitation programmes, it would be daft not to. But with me for example, my pain management is for Crohn’s disease, and they will judge you innocent until proven otherwise really. Don’t forget it is a nationalised health system not private rules or insurance conditions. Totally agree with the stacking of long half life drugs, it literally stacks against you after a week or so.

My doc also drugs tests me every time I go to get my Xanax script monthly. If I test positive for any opiates he will tell me to come back when I can test clean .
He’s obviously a really nice doctor or he could just cut me off but we’ve bin going thru this for years . I even ask him for methadone when I relapse sometimes and he makes me sign a contract stating I will never ask again . We’ve sighned about 50 contracts over the years lol.
I’m very fortunate to have a great doctor .
But back on topic in the US most PM doctors either randomly or monthly drug test you and most are looking for a reason to either cut you off or lower your dose with the whole epidemic thing .
Some places will even cut you off for failing pot . I’m surprised in the UK they don’t do this.
As for your drug test usually we don’t answer those type of questions but since it’s PM related and your not asking how to cheat the test then I’m assuming the mods let it rock .
Aslong as the methadone was a one time thing then you should be good in a few days . Once you let it stack in your system by taking it let’s say for a week straight then the long half life can keep you testing positive for longer then 5 days .
Yeah It was a one time thing 15mg friday evening. the methadone was actually prescribed to me in the past and I had some saved but that was a while ago and I have been on hydrocodone and a pain patch for years. I too have signed a contract about not using illicit drugs, and that they can test my urine, hair. and saliva. They never have done that though they only do urine and It's not that random I mean they do it when you have your appointment so I just always assume I will be tested. They can give me a medical M card but i keep getting the run around. Also certain strains do help my pain... sometimes its so bad a friend will give me an edible also for my nausea and it helps but I make sure not to before my appointment. Also one time i nearly got kicked off for a drug test that wasnt my sample!! My test before last Christmas came back positive for fentanyl. I've never used it in my life! I was so upset but the APRN nurse at the time stood up for me and said why would she do that and ruin her only help for pain releif. they said I'd have to come every two weeks to give a urine sample. Then at my next appointment I see the doc and he non chalently says so we looked at the sample again and none of your other medications were in the sample so we realized it wasnt your pee. No apology no nothing. To think i couldve been kicked off for that and right before the holidays.

Exactly it’s a not very robust and secure, nor ethically thought through process. Hence why the NHS would collapse if they did it here lol.

Just keep being you and your honesty will shine through and keep you in the treatment you need.

The reason why they test you in PM is not so much to see what else is in your system but to make sure what you are getting prescribed is . That way they know you are not selling it . I’m sure we all have a dealer or two that always say I gotta save one pill for when I go to the doctor . God I hate that line and I always try to convince them to give me at the least half lol . I guess in the UK it’s different . Do they consider themselves as having an opiate epidemic out there aswell?

Yeah I get that, but your system allows for making any judgement, lack of patient belief or accusation, as it is the same as a travel insurance company, checking you haven’t got dementia in case you claim for getting lost in the jungle ??

Worlds biggest Public Health Service cannot operate that way if you get where I’m coming from. Unless I exhibit drug seeking behaviour or break whatever prescribing rules I agree to within current Legislation, I can even suggest and even puppeteer some GP’s as I have recently.

Opiate epidemic borderline, but I think our transatlantic cousins which you are, have waved many a red flag just in time for us.

Last edited: