• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long until it's safe to take a benzo after meth and alcohol

Dcole461

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I've had about 8 ounces of hard liquor today (over the span of 2 hours, last drink was 2 hours ago). I then smoked meth, not sure how much but not a lot, at least not like I used to. Maybe .1 gram at the most

How long until I'm good to take 0.5mg of clonazepam? Would I be ok to take 1mg?

Thanks for the help!

It is almost impossible to answer a question like this with any degree of certainty because the answer is entirely dependent on individual tolerances. What would be safe for some would be dangerous to others.

I can’t help but I’m curious as well.

about 15 years ago I took about 40mg oxy, 25mg Vicodin and several mg of Valiu, 20mg adderal and drank a half bottle of vodka, all within a few hours, I had a serious hangover but that was all 💁
im NOT recommending this of course and cannot answer your question
hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:
I would wait at least 6-8 hours. You want as minimal chance of interaction between the alcohol/benzo really.. I see it more of a problem for folks who literally drink on benzos simultaneously. But my answer is incredibly in the dark, lol

You just don't want to black out in a position where you sleep-hurl.

Hello all,

I've had about 8 ounces of hard liquor today (over the span of 2 hours, last drink was 2 hours ago). I then smoked meth, not sure how much but not a lot, at least not like I used to. Maybe .1 gram at the most

How long until I'm good to take 0.5mg of clonazepam? Would I be ok to take 1mg?

Thanks for the help!
Take a whole mg if that doesnt help than take 2mg or 3 if THAT doesntnwork. The ER.

Take a whole mg if that doesnt help than take 2mg or 3 if THAT doesntnwork. The ER.

I suspect this might be a joke or sarcasm. But try and keep recommendations for taking further drugs when people are high within safe bounds. Taking any benzos before sobering up a fair bit is likely not a good idea. Might be ok for some. Might be extremely dangerous for others.