• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long to safely sleep?

MarcusAurelius

Greenlighter
Hi

I realize what have done is pretty stupid so I apologize in advance but I’m just looking for a little advice to get me through tonight safely.

I’ve been smoking small amounts of H most nights for the past two weeks. Last night I finished a gram off - smoked maybe .1-.2 I would say. More than usual anyway. I feel absolutely fine but at the same time I can feel I’m high and I’m freaking out about going to sleep. It’s 5am here now. I’ve been in bed since 12pm and smoked at maybe 9pm but I haven’t let myself fall asleep properly as I’m para about forgetting to breathe.

anyway that was the end of my stash and I will not be replenishing it any time soon. In the meantime - can anyone give me an idea at what point the drug might be outa my system enough to rest somewhat easy?

thanks for your help.

Its been 8 hours? Of course, if you were to overdose outright you'd long overdosed by now.

In cases such as yours where I've been worried about my breathing I've tried to sleep upright in a chair. I've done this in the case of worrisome excessive doses of opioids and GHB accidental overdose (in which case sleep avoidance is 100% impossible -- you known sleep is inevitable so you assume the safest position; it really starts to approach coma territory when it comes with high dose GHB or 1,4-butanediol). My girlfriend was useless in this situation; I woke her up in the middle of the night after randomly taking 9ml of 1,4-butanediol on top of alot of alcohol and 5 grams of phenibut and told her -- uh I've got a bit of issue here, don't let me fall asleep. She of course quickly fell back asleep while I was in a chair drooling, in and out of consciousness. I was fine of course.

There is also the recovery position but without someone around this is in some ways more dangerous as you could easily roll over on your back in your sleep and aspirate. There probably isn't a huge risk of that in your case, but sleep in a chair to be safe.

Its been 8 hours? Of course, if you were to overdose outright you'd long overdosed by now.

In cases such as yours where I've been worried about my breathing I've tried to sleep upright in a chair. I've done this in the case of worrisome excessive doses of opioids and GHB accidental overdose (in which case sleep avoidance is 100% impossible -- you known sleep is inevitable so you assume the safest position; it really starts to approach coma territory when it comes with high dose GHB or 1,4-butanediol). My girlfriend was useless in this situation; I woke her up in the middle of the night after randomly taking 9ml of 1,4-butanediol on top of alot of alcohol and 5 grams of phenibut and told her -- uh I've got a bit of issue here, don't let me fall asleep. She of course quickly fell back asleep while I was in a chair drooling, in and out of consciousness. I was fine of course.

There is also the recovery position but without someone around this is in some ways more dangerous as you could easily roll over on your back in your sleep and aspirate. There probably isn't a huge risk of that in your case, but sleep in a chair to be safe.

Thanks for the response man. It made me feel a bit more sane for playing it safe. In the end i didn’t sleep much. Maybe 20 mins here and there and now I have to get on with today. Thatll learn me!