View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long to integrate a bad trip

WishIwereHere

Greenlighter
I was abusing psychs a little bit for a while there. From February 2013 to may 2014. Then I took 5 grams of shrooms and had seriously bad HPPD or whatever (since has gone away since I've been completely sober since May other than a few drinking nights). I'm thinking after my run I should take a couple years off from psychs. I need to teach myself how to be a responsible adult, so I can use them more safely in the future. I really want to take a couple years off from them. I've taken 3 years off before but I just fell in love with them this go around.

I think I may smoke weed again in the somewhat near or somewhat distant future, but I feel I can use a 10 year break from hallucinogens. I feel ten years from now I could still be integrating this last run of hallucinogens. (when I first wrote this post I was thinking 2 years, but now I'm gonna make 10 as my goal).

It's not like I'm schizophrenically fucked up or anything from hallucinogens but it feels like everyday I integrate reality more and more. Like I was in tunnel vision for a while there and now my view of reality has been broadened or something. What do you think? Do you continue to integrate a trip more and more long term or is there a time when it stops and you just learn life on a "normal" ground/pace. Maybe when I'm in my thirties I'll be able to use drugs responsibly. But until then I'll be listening to songs like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtszi0q6kJg and going to festivals. But staying away from hallucinogens, hopefully.

And isn't it weird how we like these drugs so much. I feel weed is the most rewarding drug, while acid and shrooms are more a "spiritual experience". I'm not sure if I even like it that much or if I like what it does to me. But on the other hand I do like it a lot, but I'm not even sure. Anyways I'm done ranting. Peace.