• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants How long time to get clean in this situation + why anxiety from Amphetamine?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello

I have been using about 1 gram of street amphetamine every other day for perhaps 3 weaks. I know that after a one time use, amphetamine is cleared in 2-5 days, according to several sources. However I haven't found much info at all about how long time it takes for it to leave the body if someone has been using like I have.

What do you think? Is one week enough? Or 8 days?

Why do some people get anxiety from Amphetamine? I'm not talking about people comming down, when dopamine is completely depleted. I'm talking about people getting anxiety or panic attacks from (often large doses of) amphetamine, long before the comedown. Is it because of the increase of epinephrine, or does dopamine in itself increase anxiety?

best regards

It is due to NE release which far outlasts DA/5-HT effects.

Lack of 5-HT activation is probably why people feel like crap after meth.

Lack of DA activation results in sleeping a lot.

I love it when you talk dirty CH :)

OP: I'd imagine the it would basically have cleared your system after 5-10 days (probably sooner than later even if you have been using it for a while). Shortly after sensation you should begin to notice relief from any side effects of your use, so the benefits of not using it will begin to accrue prior it totally getting flushed out of your system.

As far as the toxins leaving your body after regular/semi-daily use, maybe a week is all it would take if you're healthy. Make sure you drink plenty of water and exercise when you're trying to clear out your system... I can't recommend that enough.

The difference between not drinking enough water and not exercising while you're trying to get clean can make it take 2 entire weeks to flush out fully instead of one.

I know that from my own experience. I get my urine tested regularly, and these are lab analyzed ones.

Excessive Dopamine is Rare to be the cause of anxiety unless your anxiety is a psychosis or delusion that could happen only from an OD of stimulants typically.

Norepinephrine without dopamine makes you crave euphoria and feel tweaking however the Glutamate is responsible for the anxiety I believe.

Last edited:
Anyone else on this matter?

As far as the toxins leaving your body after regular/semi-daily use, maybe a week is all it would take if you're healthy. Make sure you drink plenty of water and exercise when you're trying to clear out your system... I can't recommend that enough.

The difference between not drinking enough water and not exercising while you're trying to get clean can make it take 2 entire weeks to flush out fully instead of one.

I know that from my own experience. I get my urine tested regularly, and these are lab analyzed ones.
Thank you. I will start exercising the day after my last usage (tommorow).