View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How long till LSD disipates from a tab

OldSchoolGuy

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, like 2 years ago (new years) I stashed 2 tabs (tin foiled in a matchbox with a few matches)to try later. I stashed it so hard (lived with my parents) that i thought i had lost em forever, I was stupid high when i did to. Well yesterday I went back to pick a few stuff and bubaamm!! I found em in an old cargo pants that had like 10 pockets, I'm sure I had searched there like 50 times but o well. Anyway they were amazing back then, vivid colors and tattoos were moving, so now that i got these babys back I wanna know if u guys think they still work. I know i could just try them and find out but would like to have an opining beforehand.

Well, nobody can answear you this question, it depends on too many parameters
.Two years is a hell of time for LSD on blotter and unless they were stored in really best circumstances, in vacuumlike conditions, free from light and humidity, which should'nt be according to your case, I think they lost a lot of their potency. So said, the most logical thing to do for me would be to take them both and to hope that they still work and enjoy the trip if so. Let us know about the result, interesting thing to know .

How were they stored? Were they protected from moisture by a bag or some foil? If so, they should be good for 4 years or more. Had you handled them with your bare hands?

LSD doesn't "dissipate" from paper, it breaks down into inactive components. Moisture, skin oils, light exposure and heat all increase the rate of degradation.

Last edited:
I've heard of blotters stored at room temperature lasting for decades. I'm sure they'll at least be active, unless you've still been putting those pants through the washer regularly for those two years....

The pants were in a closet and never got washed after I stashed the stuff. This is the caribbean DR so it's hot n humid as hell though I don't know how much of that gets transferred to the closet. Imagine u living in Louisiana in a house 2nd floor. I'll try em in a couple of weeks and let u guys know.

They should be fine, could have lost maybe a tiny bit of potency but it's not super likely.

LSD is far more durable than people think especially on paper
your only worry would be ambient humidity
loss will be minimal in all likelihood not enough for you to notice

It will be fine... They last years if stored like you said... but as long as those pants did not get wet...

I once took a few more tabs than necessary, in the mistaken belief that they would have been degraded (after 2 years or so).
There was no obvious degradation in that time - i would have regretted it, but it was a blast.

yes. the fragility of the molecule at least on paper is overrated.
i've had doses that have sit in a car dashboard for over a year
that were visibly discolored, still fire af
for HR's sake I would emphaticallty recommend not more just because you think it's aged and degraded

They would be fine. There is a chance they may have degraded slightly but if they have been stored in foil I would still expect them to be more than active.

I have had two tabs wrapped in foil, stashed in the album sleeve of a CD, which was subsequently borrowed by my brother and taken on a two year overseas adventure tour. I'd have to assume they had sat on hot tarmacs and sweaty SE Asian hotel rooms.

On his return I found they were fine

yes. the fragility of the molecule at least on paper is overrated.
i've had doses that have sit in a car dashboard for over a year
that were visibly discolored, still fire af
for HR's sake I would emphaticallty recommend not more just because you think it's aged and degraded
Absolutely. As soon as i had first alerts from the tabs i assumed were degraded, i knew i was in for a heavy ride.
I have had two tabs wrapped in foil, stashed in the album sleeve of a CD, which was subsequently borrowed by my brother and taken on a two year overseas adventure tour. I'd have to assume they had sat on hot tarmacs and sweaty SE Asian hotel rooms.

On his return I found they were fine
I like that story, especially as it didn't get anyone locked up for decades in a sweaty SE Asian cell.