• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How long should you really wait to consume alcohol after taking Etizolam?

jsncrs

Greenlighter
I've heard so many different opinions on this from various people that I thought I'd ask the experts in hopes of finally getting a definitive answer
As per the title, how long after taking a low dose of Etizolam (1 - 1.5mg) is it safe to consume alcohol?
and whilst we're on the topic, how dangerous is it really to combine small amounts of each?

I've read so many horror stories that I no longer know what to believe. I know it's dangerous to combine CNS depressants, but to what extent I'm not sure

I never combine them and always leave 48 hours between each just to be safe (too much?)
but I have an acquaintance that regularly takes 10mg+ and downs a full bottle of whisky. I should add that I've tried to get him to stop doing this but it's a hopeless pursuit.

Small amounts aren't usually physically dangerous, the danger comes from the stacking drugs that lower inhibition. The short term memory loss and inhibition effects of benzos and alcohol can easily lead to people forgetting they took a shot or a dose. This leads to repeated dosing and blackouts/OD's, the benzo and alcohol mix is commonly known for causing swift and unpredictable blackouts.

Last edited:
Small amounts aren't usually physically dangerous, the danger comes from the stacking drugs that lower inhibition. The short term memory loss and inhibition effects of benzos and alcohol can easily lead to people forgetting they took a shot or a dose. This leads to repeated dosing and blackouts, the benzo and alcohol mix is commonly known for causing swift and unpredictable blackouts.
This.

Depends on your tolerance to both substances but either way, 48 hours is absolutely overkill.