• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids How long should I wait to feel pregabalin effect before upping dosage (anxiety)?

jaxs0

Bluelighter
When taking pregabalin for therapeutic reasons (anxiety relief), how long is the recommended period to wait before saying "OK, this is too low of a dose and it's not doing anything"...and increasing the dose?

Oh, you mean changing your dose over time...

You would know within the first week. Just listen to your mind and body. Also, I'd recommend Gabapentin instead of Pregabalin. Pregabalin is much more addictive.

It's incredibly hard to get ahold of Pregabalin here in AZ unless you have fibro, but they hand out Gabapentin like candy. I have a lot of friends with mental issues and our doctors don't even mention Pregabalin.

It's incredibly hard to get ahold of Pregabalin here in AZ unless you have fibro, but they hand out Gabapentin like candy. I have a lot of friends with mental issues and our doctors don't even mention Pregabalin.

I don't have a problem getting pregabalin. What's the starting dose?

I can't find the starting dose related to anxiety. The website I went to just showed dosages for things like Fibro. I have no experience taking Pregabalin. Dosages are relevant. Everyone's body is different.

I assume you're getting it from the street since you don't have any directions. I'd just call a 24-hour pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. Also, let them know what else you're taking in case there's a negative reaction with other medications you may be taking (there are also websites to check reactions if you can't get ahold of a pharmacist).

Starting dose is 100mg a day for anxiety, this is in the UK, tolerance builds very fast I soon went upto 150mg, I was on it for anxiety and fibromyalgia but I was put on it few years ago too just for anxiety had bad side effects both times so stopped taking it

Last edited:
I started with 75mg 2x day (which was recommended for anxiety) I was taking it for severe and chronic back pain. I’m on nearly the highest recommended dose. I have 2 major back surgeries and the last one included a lumbar reconstruction.
It definitely still helps with my anxiety even at the dose I’m on.

it was recommended at one point before my back surgeries to take lyrica to get off the benzo I was on, I would work up to 100mg 3x day or 150mg 2x day. It really depends on your body and how you react to it. You should definitely be able to tell how it’s working within the first week or 2.

On my prescription it says one 300.mg twice a day but we all react differently to the same drugs ✌

Mine was 100mg but it was prescribed not to get fucked although it ended with me taking 14 and having a drink so yeah I don't recommend pregabalin they change who you are, was a bitch to come off after ONE MONTH and now I'm back to my normal self

Fuck pregabalin