• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe How long should i wait to eat/drink/smoke after Suboxone sublingual tablets dissolve?

For me it was based on what I could tolerate without vomiting. I would get sick if I ate or drank too soon after or even before. Once it is completely dissolved you can eat and drink. Shouldn't be an issue.

i recommend you cut a strip into 4 qual parts, and park one in the space between your upper molar-gums and your cheek after swishing with listerene. try to wait at least an hour before eating or drinking, even up to 2.

I was on Suboxone for 5 years and it is all individual. For me. It dissolved in 3 minutes. Then just wait 10 minutes or 15 to be safe and you can eat, drink or whatever you want man. The recommendations weren't necessary for me

Alright this is a big deal IMO and is the reason why most people don’t get much of buprenorphine sometimes.

I’ve been taking suboxone for about 10yrs. The way to go is make sure your mouth is dry, best right in the morning. After you put it in DO NOT eat or drink anything for exactly 1 hour. Not sure why but even if I eat something 45-50min after it’s noticeablely weakened. Wait the full hour.

It sucks waiting so long but the effect is so much stronger than if I don’t.

-GC

There really is not information on this subject. I've heard it said that 5 minutes is required and at the 15 minute mark there is nothing left. I've always thought that sublingual administration is the most dubious ROA because it's so hard to control the environment. The issue I have with this claim is that, I believe the pharmaceutical Zubsolv is a more efficiently absorbed mode of administration as opposed to the sublingual strips or tablets ergo there is some obvious and scientifically/medically acknowledged fluctuation in the absorption from product to product despite all being sublingual preparations.

Alright this is a big deal IMO and is the reason why most people don’t get much of buprenorphine sometimes.

I’ve been taking suboxone for about 10yrs. The way to go is make sure your mouth is dry, best right in the morning. After you put it in DO NOT eat or drink anything for exactly 1 hour. Not sure why but even if I eat something 45-50min after it’s noticeablely weakened. Wait the full hour.

-GC
Ahhh thank you so much! If you don't mind, I have another question. When I first started suboxone, it completely took away my cravings for a month but then my cravings came back abruptly. I started at 8 mg and ended up working my way up to 24 mg and I know that a dose any higher than that isn't effective due to the ceiling effect. Do you think that if I take your advice, perhaps it'll help keep cravings at bay a little better? Considering it's not helping AT ALL for cravings anymore, any improvement no matter how small would be absolutely wonderful.

-GC
Will it fuck it up if I smoke a cigarette after it dissolves as long as I wa

-GC
Do you have to wait and hour before you smoke a cigarette also?

Will it fuck it up if I smoke a cigarette after it dissolves as long as I wa
Do you have to wait and hour before you smoke a cigarette also?

No smoking is fine but wait like 15-20min still. I notice if I smoke like immediately afterwards and it makes my mouth water then I notice a decrease.

I’m not sure if my advice will help or not but it definitely is worth the effort in my opinion.

I gotta ask, did you get switched from brand name to generic by chance?

-GC

Ahhh thank you so much! If you don't mind, I have another question. When I first started suboxone, it completely took away my cravings for a month but then my cravings came back abruptly. I started at 8 mg and ended up working my way up to 24 mg and I know that a dose any higher than that isn't effective due to the ceiling effect. Do you think that if I take your advice, perhaps it'll help keep cravings at bay a little better? Considering it's not helping AT ALL for cravings anymore, any improvement no matter how small would be absolutely wonderful.
Why not take 1 and 2mg doses spread throughout the day? I've never tried once a day dosing, is it popular with addicts on MAT because a large dose all at once gives you a large high that lasts for like 12 hours? I've found that a little bump here, a little bump there works great, and if I do a big dose, like 4 mg, I get pretty damn high.

Why not take 1 and 2mg doses spread throughout the day? I've never tried once a day dosing, is it popular with addicts on MAT because a large dose all at once gives you a large high that lasts for like 12 hours? I've found that a little bump here, a little bump there works great, and if I do a big dose, like 4 mg, I get pretty damn high.
It's not really possible for me to do that. I take 8mg sublingual tablets. Well, a single dose of methadone could possibly get them high, at least until they develop a tolerance to that dose but as for suboxone, I've personally never experienced a high from it. I suppose it's possible to get some sort of high if you don't have a tolerance to opioids but I had a high tolerance to them when I got on suboxone so as I said, I never got high from it. It's also only a partial agonist whereas methadone is a full agonist so subs aren't really known as a go-to when you're trying to get high.

No smoking is fine but wait like 15-20min still. I notice if I smoke like immediately afterwards and it makes my mouth water then I notice a decrease.

I’m not sure if my advice will help or not but it definitely is worth the effort in my opinion.

I gotta ask, did you get switched from brand name to generic by chance?

-GC
Okay, thank you. Yeah, I switched from the name brand strips to the generic tablets. However, I was still on the name brand strips when it stopped curbing my cravings.

It's not really possible for me to do that. I take 8mg sublingual tablets. Well, a single dose of methadone could possibly get them high, at least until they develop a tolerance to that dose but as for suboxone, I've personally never experienced a high from it. I suppose it's possible to get some sort of high if you don't have a tolerance to opioids but I had a high tolerance to them when I got on suboxone so as I said, I never got high from it. It's also only a partial agonist whereas methadone is a full agonist so subs aren't really known as a go-to when you're trying to get high.
I transitioned from methadone to sub and for me there is a pronounced high. It's different than methadone though, much more stimulating. I've been surprised that the analgesia is at LEAST as good as methadone. I understand that not everyone catches a buzz from it though. I will say though, it can make a good day feel great, but it's not the kind of high that can delete a really bad day. Anybody care to chime in on whether the once a day sub buzz is way more pronounced than split dosing? If you get a buzz, that is...

I transitioned from methadone to sub and for me there is a pronounced high. It's different than methadone though, much more stimulating. I've been surprised that the analgesia is at LEAST as good as methadone. I understand that not everyone catches a buzz from it though. I will say though, it can make a good day feel great, but it's not the kind of high that can delete a really bad day. Anybody care to chime in on whether the once a day sub buzz is way more pronounced than split dosing? If you get a buzz, that is...
AH so jealous of you lmao. No matter how much or how little I take, I notice no difference other than it taking me out of withdrawal if it's been a bit since my last dose.

The buzz gets progressively less pronounced the more you dose in a day. If I take it once or twice a day I feel it a lot more than 3-4, but there’s also more down too. In other words I feel the withdrawal more before each dose.

That’s the one thing I dislike about opiates, for me to catch a good buzz I gotta be hurting for it.

If your doing good at once a day, I’d stay to that. Maybe twice at a day at most.

-GC

The buzz gets progressively less pronounced the more you dose in a day. If I take it once or twice a day I feel it a lot more than 3-4, but there’s also more down too. In other words I feel the withdrawal more before each dose.

That’s the one thing I dislike about opiates, for me to catch a good buzz I gotta be hurting for it.

If your doing good at once a day, I’d stay to that. Maybe twice at a day at most.

-GC
Does it count as dosing once if you put one in your mouth at a time BUT you put them in one after the other? Or would you suggest just taking all 3 (well, in my case, anyways. I get three 8mg tablets a day) at once?