• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe How long should I wait to dose subutex/buprenorphine after my last dose of Dihydrocodeine (ROA: Oral)?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I seem to remember reading somewhere online that you only need to wait about 12 hours after your last dose of Dihydrocodeine to then dose buprenorphine, however, I can no longer find that thread or to that extent, any thread concerning this matter. There doesn't seem to be much, if not any info on this specific drug combo.

Having been smoking heroin, it would be a good opiate to use to then go onto Buprenorphine, as I wouldn't have to wait 24 hours and only have to wait half that (if what I said is true). I also have oxycodone, does anybody know if the wait time to dose Bupe is more or less than that of heroin?

I was hoping somebody here knew how long you needed to wait after dosing Dihydrocodeine to be able to dose Buprenorphine and avoid PWD. If anybody does know, please do let me know, thanks in advance!

Edit: haven't been using this for very long. It isn't long-term abuse. I've taken around 3-4 weeks off my bupe to use opiates, and use oxies, heroin (smoked) and Dihydrocodeine. I haven't used a huge amount of either. However, I was mainly wondering if my last dose of opiates was dihydrocodeine, then I wouldn't have to wait as long as it has a short half life and the metabolites are all eliminated from the body within 24 hours.

Last edited:
I seem to remember reading somewhere online that you only need to wait about 12 hours after your last dose of Dihydrocodeine to then dose buprenorphine, however, I can no longer find that thread or to that extent, any thread concerning this matter. There doesn't seem to be much, if not any info on this specific drug combo.

Having been smoking heroin, it would be a good opiate to use to then go onto Buprenorphine, as I wouldn't have to wait 24 hours and only have to wait half that (if what I said is true). I also have oxycodone, does anybody know if the wait time to dose Bupe is more or less than that of heroin?

I was hoping somebody here knew how long you needed to wait after dosing Dihydrocodeine to be able to dose Buprenorphine and avoid PWD. If anybody does know, please do let me know, thanks in advance!
When I was using oxys, I had to wait 24 hours for suboxone, At the same rehab, about 2 years later, it was about a 22 hour wait for heroin. Apparently it's based on the severity of your withdrawal symptoms as observed by the medical staff. I'm sure they have a minimum time, but I could find nothing quoting a time limit.
If you know what Precipitated Withdrawal is, then you know that you need to be really careful in this matter.
If you have an email account, I've found a good article on suboxone, subutex, and Buprenorphine (title says how to stop taking these, but there's good info).
Good luck.
Peace

It depends on ur dose,lenght of use,roa....must wait around 24 hours till ur last dose....starting with little dose....u must take bupre,when u start to feel bad-start to yawning,lacrimation,etc....u know...beginning of cold turkey

It depends on ur dose,lenght of use,roa....must wait around 24 hours till ur last dose....starting with little dose....u must take bupre,when u start to feel bad-start to yawning,lacrimation,etc....u know...beginning of cold turkey
Well the thing with Dihydrocodeine is that the half life is really short and all metabolites are eliminated from the body within 24 hours, which is really short. Also, I just came off my subutex and had some DHC, then smoked some heroin & had some oxies over the period of around 3-4 weeks, so it isn't a long period of time.

If I used heroin, I'd need to wait 18-24 hours anyway. However, with Dihydrocodeine, I believe the time you need to wait isn't as long as the opiates from DHC don't occupy the opioid receptors for as long as heroin or oxies do.

I just wanted to confirm this. But yeah, my usage has been short-lived, less than or around a month. Also, my ROA for heroin is smoking and with oxies it's oral or insufflation and with DHC, it's just oral. I just wanted to confirm the wait time after oral use of Dihydrocodeine to then take bupe.

When I was using oxys, I had to wait 24 hours for suboxone, At the same rehab, about 2 years later, it was about a 22 hour wait for heroin. Apparently it's based on the severity of your withdrawal symptoms as observed by the medical staff. I'm sure they have a minimum time, but I could find nothing quoting a time limit.
If you know what Precipitated Withdrawal is, then you know that you need to be really careful in this matter.
If you have an email account, I've found a good article on suboxone, subutex, and Buprenorphine (title says how to stop taking these, but there's good info).
Good luck.
Peace
Those are much stronger than Dihydrocodeine though, and Dihydrocodeine metabolites are eliminated from the body within 24 hours. So I was wondering if I used that, then I wouldn't have to wait as long to then take the bupe, as it has a short half-life and DHC isn't as strong as oxies or heroin and like I said, I did read somewhere you only need to wait 12 hours, but I can't find that forum or anything else on the wait time. It all depends on how long the opiates occupy the receptors and each opiate varies. With DHC having such a short half life and the metabolites leaving the body within 24 hours, it wouldn't surprise me if the wait time isn't as long as oxies or heroin.

The wait time does vary from opiate to opiate. With methadone, you need to wait about 3 days, same with fentanyl. Plus I don't inject, I was on bupe and came off for a bit of a binge. I smoked some heroin, used some oxies and now I'm going to go back onto my bupe, so it isn't long-term abuse. ROA for heroin was smoking, for oxies I just swallow them or snort them and for DHC, it's just oral use. I'm just trying to confirm whether the wait time for DHC is 12 hours like I read somewhere at some point.

Well the thing with Dihydrocodeine is that the half life is really short and all metabolites are eliminated from the body within 24 hours, which is really short. Also, I just came off my subutex and had some DHC, then smoked some heroin & had some oxies over the period of around 3-4 weeks, so it isn't a long period of time.

If I used heroin, I'd need to wait 18-24 hours anyway. However, with Dihydrocodeine, I believe the time you need to wait isn't as long as the opiates from DHC don't occupy the opioid receptors for as long as heroin or oxies do.

I just wanted to confirm this. But yeah, my usage has been short-lived, less than or around a month. Also, my ROA for heroin is smoking and with oxies it's oral or insufflation and with DHC, it's just oral. I just wanted to confirm the wait time after oral use of Dihydrocodeine to then take bupe.
It's very simple mate.just wait the withdrawl to kick in.It could be 12-15 hours from ur last dose.Then take 1-2mg bupre and wait to see what will happen.Personally me got from oxies to bupr.and transition was smooth.Ain't got any problems.Dhc is weaker,than oxies....so u shouldn't have some big issues.just wait to start feel physically ill(don't count time here) and start with minimal doses till u find out what dose is most suitable for u.IMO......bettervto quitt Dhc even cold turkey,than changin' dependencies....'cause it's relatively week painkiller.....not so difficult to quitt,if u want it.I have been physically dependent on this&quit without much suffer.....one week ill.Dhc is a little bit stronger,than codeine......nothing scary👍.....nothin' simmilar to morphine or oxy withdrawl

Last edited:
Hey @Daddydopedick

I'm a major proponent of the "go with how you feel" practice as opposed to posting static timelines. The only thing we're trying to do with these timelines is tell people how long Opioids are likely to last in their system. Everybody is different though.

If we're only trying to identify when the concentration of the drug is at the right point, I feel it's best to take the timeline's to heart, but to also pay attention to what their body is telling them.

Secondly, you can do yourself a major favor by starting with low, low doses of Buprenorphine. Expanding on he idea of listening to your body, you can take small amounts of Buprenorphine and see how you react. If you take some Buprenorphine and you feel that rising warmth and malaise 15 minutes later, it means go back to the drawing board.

The protocol for induction with Buprenorphine in "the west" has been based upon inducting with doses of 8mg Buprenorphine regardless of medical history, based upon the timeline of withdrawal. As you would expect, this gamble can lead to feeling great fast or a world of bullshit smacking you in the face.

I saw some of the craziest shit ever in detox when the wrong person got the wrong dose of Buprenorphine at the wrong time, like, stripping himself naked and running up and down the halls screaming like a little girl saying "please" and having to be strapped to a gurney and brought out like a mental patient.

I advise starting with doses of .5mg Buprnorphine at the most. Sometimes this is difficult to do. Buprenorphine is often packaged as a sublingual strip and dividing that into pieces of 16 is not easy. You can figure it out though. Just get as close as you can. Fuck, go smaller if you can. In my experience, the hit of precipitated withdrawal is quick and obvious even with these small doses. Take crumbs if that's what you have to do.

Take your time. Pay attention to your body and you will be good.