• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! How long should I wait between last Mirtazapine dose and a psychedelic?

SuperPsych

Bluelighter
It is my understanding that Mirtazapine will block the effects of psychedelics. I've heard that some people have used it to abort bad trips. How long would someone who is prescribed mirtazapine have to stop taking it for psychedelics to have full-effect. Mirtazapine apparantely has a half life of 20-40 hours.

I have only been taking Mirtazapine foe the last 3 months. I was taking it for 2 months at 7.5 - 15mg per day. Then I took probably 3-4 weeks off of it and I recently started taking it again. I think I have only taken it the last 3 or 4 nights. I am considering tripping Monday evening. My last dose of Mirtazapine was Friday night. Do you think that the psychedelic would have an effect?

I've been experiencing this unshakeable depression for a number of months. I feel that I could use a psychedelic experience. It almost always helps my outlook. It's been almost a year since my last experience, so I am due for one. If need be I can hold off for a week or two. I've just found myself in the mood for a psychedelic these last few days which is rare for me. I'm usually too anxious to take them

Due to it's long half life I would optimally wait at least 2 weeks after last dose before using psychedelics. You could use it sooner, 12 or 10 days, but it will likely have some level of muted effect. Anything sooner than 7 days would probably be a complete waste.

I'm not that familiar with mirtrazapine's antagonist activity compared to a more traditional AP, so I'm just comparing it to other antipsychotics.

In my experience with risperidone and olanzapine, tripping within 12 days of last dose was a waste of the psychedelic. You may still feel stimulation and have some level of trip, but the visuals and largest benefits will be blunted or even missing.

Anyways, its difficult to predict. I would say wait 7-10 days at a bare minimum, preferably longer.

Last edited:
Due to it's long half life I would optimally wait at least 2 weeks after last dose before using psychedelics. You could use it sooner, 12 or 10 days, but it will likely have some level of muted effect. Anything sooner than 7 days would probably be a complete waste.

I'm not that familiar with mirtrazapine's antagonist activity compared to a more traditional AP, so I'm just comparing it to other antipsychotics.

In my experience with risperidone and olanzapine, tripping within 12 days of last dose was a waste of the psychedelic. You may still feel stimulation and have some level of trip, but the visuals and largest benefits will be blunted or even missing.

Anyways, its difficult to predict. I would say wait 7-10 days at a bare minimum, preferably longer.

That's what I figured. I'll probably aim for next weekend then. I've basically only been on it for 4 days at a pretty low dose, so I'm fairly certain that it will mostly be out of my system by next week, and by then any that remains in my system will be so low that I feel the effect on the trip would be negligible.

I appreciate the input! I would try it anyways, I have plenty of psychedelics, but I find a psychedelic experience that doesnt manifest into a full trip is almost always unpleasant for me. That's why I almost never use low doses of psychedelics.