• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long should I wait before Fentanyl?

gafoxhunter1

Greenlighter
I have a question about trying Fentanyl for the first time.
I am a daily user of opiates and have been for about 10 yrs now. I have tried just about everything there is but I have not tried Fentanyl yet. My DOC is methadone and have been taking it for about 6 yrs now. I take on average 30-40 mgs a day usually throughout the whole day, not all at once. When I run out of them I usually take hydrocodone or oxycodone, whatever I can find at the time and I have to take 40-60 mgs a day of that.
Well I came across 3 25 mcg patches of Fentanyl for the first time ever, I've always wanted to try it. I have been taking my 40 mgs of methadone a day for the last 2 weeks and I will be out of them after today.
So my question is how long do I wait after my last methadone to put on my first patch?
I know that the Methadone can stay in my system for 36 hours and that I probably won't feel too bad tomorrow with nothing. I don't want to feel too crappy before I put that first patch on cause I know it takes up to 12 hours before you feel the effects from it but I don't want to hurt myself having both drugs in my system.
I plan on putting just 1 25 mcg patch on my chest and leaving it for as long as I can before putting on another one. Not using more then 1 at a time.
So any insight into this would be much appreciated as it is the first time I will be trying the Fentanyl and I was a bit nervous since I know it's strong stuff!