L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How long should I wait after a breakup?

Littlelostone

Greenlighter
He broke it off with me. I didn't want him to leave. I am left completely to my own devices. I am considering going out with other men as friends only. For now I am just trying to stay busy with friends.

Tough question, because everyone will assume your on the rebound (is rebound really a thing?). it's gonna be hard if you meet someone that is a keeper because of the stupid rebound thing.

This really doesn't help, sorry mate.

Yes. I'm answering my own stupid question. There are lots of guys who want to give me their time and attention. So yes. I feel sort of better as each day goes by that is huge. Dating as friends is the way to go for me at this time.

He broke it off with me. I didn't want him to leave. I am left completely to my own devices. I am considering going out with other men as friends only. For now I am just trying to stay busy with friends.

I came out off a relationship were she left me. I found it really hard and put me into severe depression. My only aim was to find another girl to make things easier however.....I couldn't find one why? I'm not in the right state of mine to have a new relationship. Instead I'm focusing my time on trying to build my self baack up new job etc.

If you feel you over the relationship and not doing it for the rebound reasons...go for it!

Dating as friends is the way to go for me at this time.

So that's the answer :D Everyone is different I guess, some have this notion that they have to wait 'x' amount of time - I never have or will understand that notion. When 'your' ready your ready. You know what your looking for at any specific time, if you don't then wait until you do - some people may just want a physical fling, some may want a friend, some may be ready for more.

I'm in the same boat myself, keep flitting between looking for someone new or focusing on myself.

Both are likely to help in reality...

So I talk to a couple guys who I knew before I met my boyfriend. I have been talking to guys online. Very interesting experience.

I know the hardest parts. The first time I go out with someone else will be hard. Knowing me I probably won't like the person, not picky but it takes me awhile to warm up as it would anyhow. It will keep me busy. The guy turned ice cold on me so rekindling my alienated friendships and planning dates online is the only thing I have been up to for days.

There is no defined time. Wait as long (or as little) as you'd like and go for it when YOU are ready!