• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long really to wait between xanax and oxy?

aXXo

Greenlighter
This am around 9am I took about 1.75mg of xanax. I just got some oxy 30s and wanted to do one tonight. I have no tolerance to xanax and very low to oxy. I do it for about a week straight maybe once a month. Usually I take 30-45 mg of oxy to feel great and never take more than that. It's about 630 pm now is it safe to take 30 mg of oxy? I don't really feel the effects of the xan anymore except maybe feeling slightly out of it. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

When you say you do it for a week straight, do you mean taking them simultaneously?

No I mean when I take oxy I'll take 30-45 mg a day for about a week and then not do any for 3 or 4 weeks. I usually never take xanax

If it were me, I would wait until tomorrow because there is a risk of respiratory depression. If you do decide to go ahead and use the oxycodone, try taking less. At this point it's likely you will want to go to sleep.

So I ended up snorting 15mg and feel good, I usually take it orally so snorting I know has a lower BA and the lower dose. I feel good and I think taking the whole thing might have been too much I prob would have just fallen asleep anyway. Though I an still curious since the half life is 11 HR but the actual effects are 4 hours shouldn't that mean I would be ok?

I’m kinda wondering the same thing. I took about 1500 mg of gabapentin at about 6pm. Then I took 1mg of Xanax at 7pm. I took 20 mg of Percocet at midnight. Wondering if it would be ok to take a couple shots of jagermeister. I unfortunately have a very high tolerance to opiates and a fairly high tolerance to Xanax.

I've done benzos and opiates together lots of times. It is certainly a risky proposition cause they really magnify each other a lot more than the sum of their parts.

I do think it can be done reasonably safely but only if you have recent experience with the quantities you're dealing with and so know how you're likely to react. My advice is to work your way up and the slower the less your experience is.

Something to keep in mind, while the half life might be 11 hours and the duration of effect 4 hours, it can still have a compounding effect well after those time limits. It takes 4-6 half life cycles to eliminate a drug from your system. And an amount you might not feel by itself can still be an amount sufficient to compound something else.